Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kia Ora mate!

Cool Kia Ora mate!

Hey all.

I am learning programming at Uni and in my spare time I grab a plane and go for a blat around the sky! We all know what the other thing is... anywho I am here just to find out the odd bit of information when the answer evades me on Google...

Cheers,
    The Diapered Pilot!

Another NZer? Or just someone who likes the phrase? How about telling us a bit more about yourself? what are you interested in besides flying, programming etc?
    Last edited by KiwiBoi; 02-Aug-2012 at 10:07.

Hey man, welcome to the forums! Hopefully you settle in nicely and enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    Another NZer? Or just someone who likes the phrase? How about telling us a bit more about yourself? Archer'll probably post on here soon and give you the usual spiel (no hard feelings mate just yanking ya chain) :P but what are you interested in besides flying, programming etc?
    Oh come on mate. I know i often repeat my greetings but i can assure you i will not to that again thanks to one of the senior members who give me some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TazanMan View Post
    Hey all.

I am learning programming at Uni and in my spare time I grab a plane and go for a blat around the sky! We all know what the other thing is... anywho I am here just to find out the odd bit of information when the answer evades me on Google...

Cheers,
    The Diapered Pilot!
    Oh yeah welcome to ADISC TarzanMan it turned my feeling is true it seems we have another NZ. Wow another pilot. I like about aircraft especially Military ones but i also like civilian airliner. In the end enjoy the website mate.

PS:@Kiwidl you know i see your signature just change got inspired from another thread mate?
    Last edited by archer; 02-Aug-2012 at 11:14. Reason: My to Me silly things

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Oh come on mate. I know i often repeat my greetings but i can assure you i will not to that again thanks to one of the senior members who give my some advice.

PS:@Kiwidl you know i see your signature just change got inspired from another thread mate?
    Yeah sorry about the first post. And yeah, I really liked that House quote. It's one of my favourite programmes. And the bloody spellchecker on here doesn't recognise the original version of the English langauge! (eg programmes vs programs, favourite vs favorite). I hate Americanisations! the ruination of a perfectly good language if ya ask me.

Yeah sorry about the first post. And yeah, I really liked that House quote. It's one of my favourite programmes. And the bloody spellchecker on here doesn't recognise the original version of the English langauge! (eg programmes vs programs, favourite vs favorite). I hate Americanisations! the ruination of a perfectly good language if ya ask me.
    No it's okay after all i changed my greeting style. Well it's good thing i can speak English so i'm sorry if sometimes my word is a bit American

All good i wasn't meaning about you personally. That would just be rude to say that. And not to mention you probably learned it mostly the American way. Can you speak English very well, or just read/write? I was just having a bitch about Americanisations. Mind you, this is an American website, so therein the answer may lay.

All good i wasn't meaning about you personally. That would just be rude to say that. And not to mention you probably learned it mostly the American way. Can you speak English very well, or just read/write? I was just having a bitch about Americanisations. Mind you, this is an American website, so therein the answer may lay.
    Seriously mate that's okay. Well as i said to you before i learned English by self-taught and one of the reference is American film and TV shows and music. And i learned about English in Top Gear(i know LOL). Well if you think i can only write/read only. Do i have to fly to NZ and prove it to you mate?

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Seriously mate that's okay. Well as i said to you before i learned English by self-taught and one of the reference is American film and TV shows and music. And i learned about English in Top Gear(i know LOL). Well if you think i can only write/read only. Do i have to fly to NZ and prove it to you mate?
    Nah all good. Though if you did that I could give you a proper introduction to Kiwi life and culture. You learned about the English from Top Gear? You definitely need to watch Blackadder. Start with the second season though; the first is a waste of time. Oh, and do you know what the Maori words in the thread's title mean?

When you're referring to English as the language, it is just "I learned English from...". When it is about the culture/people, it is "I learned about the English from...". Otherwise people will think you're talking about the language. Just another nuance that isn't easy to pick up.

Nah all good. Though if you did that I could give you a proper introduction to Kiwi life and culture. You learned about the English from Top Gear? You definitely need to watch Blackadder. Start with the second season though; the first is a waste of time. Oh, and do you know what the Maori words in the thread's title mean?

When you're referring to English as the language, it is just "I learned English from...". When it is about the culture/people, it is "I learned about the English from...". Otherwise people will think you're talking about the language. Just another nuance that isn't easy to pick up.
    Well if you want to you can give me lecture about Kiwi life and culture. Of course i don't know the meaning I don't understand all language of the world. Oh and thanks for the correction as i said I learned the English by self-taught.