Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: new laptop?

  1. #1

    Default new laptop?

    im looking to get a new laptop around $600. i will use it for gaming mainly any ideas?

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't think that a $600 laptop would be able to play many modern games.

  3. #3

    Default

    What kind of games are you looking to play? You won't get much for $600, but it is a workable budget.

    EDIT: Just a preliminary search (I'm sure I could find something all right on eBay given enough time), and I found this. It's a quad core AMD Trinity processor, which is good for the price range. The integrated GPU is strong enough to handle Diablo III.

    This is at exactly your price point, and it's an i5 with a dedicated Nvidia GT 630M GPU. It's very capable, sporting 100+ FPS on Diablo III at low settings, and it can handle Skyrim on medium at 30-37 FPS.
    Last edited by justhere; 01-Aug-2012 at 20:56.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    pamperchu

    Default

    Get a used IBM

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by minime View Post
    im looking to get a new laptop around $600. i will use it for gaming mainly any ideas?
    Your better off getting a desktop. Plus how/why would you need to do portable PC gaming at 16? Not to mention your stuck with a laptop in terms of being unable to upgrade the graphics. laptops should really just be used for work and basic stuff, maybe some really light gaming such as torchlight or something.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Your better off getting a desktop. Plus how/why would you need to do portable PC gaming at 16? Not to mention your stuck with a laptop in terms of being unable to upgrade the graphics. laptops should really just be used for work and basic stuff, maybe some really light gaming such as torchlight or something.
    I 100% agree with this. Spending $600 on a laptop will get you a relatively nice computer, but laptops are extremely limited in how much you can upgrade. In addition, you'll find that desktops come a lot cheaper than laptops, so you can get a much better quality computer.
    I've been stuck with the same laptop for 3 years, and no doubt it's a great computer, but i'd rather have a desktop that I can upgrade when needed.

    You will be much happier with a desktop, but if you truly need something portable, get a desktop and save up more for a laptop that you can take places. I'd recommend a Dell Precision M90 or something similar. HUUUUUUGE screen, and it can handle most internet applications and basic games. I have no trouble playing minecraft and some older games, and I can even play crysis 2 with full graphics (although I have no idea why; it must be something with the engine they use)

  8. #8

    Default

    This ignores the selling point of a laptop: portability. I'm hanging out with friends right now, and there are five laptops in the room. These laptops, despite limited hardware (there are netbooks in the mix), do infinitely better for us than desktops. We love to play Minecraft, Killing Floor, Unreal, or whatever the game of the month is with each other. Two of the people here don't even have internet at home. Do you really think people would drag a freaking desktop to a friend's house on a daily basis? No. We get laptops so we can do things together, in the same room. Not one computer in this assortment was over $300, even though two of them can handle Skyrim.

    Do you think gaming performance is the end-all for a teenager? Or socializing?
    Last edited by justhere; 02-Aug-2012 at 21:34.

  9. #9

    Default

    i am on the go alot . mine right now can hardly run minecraft

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by justhere View Post
    This ignores the selling point of a laptop: portability. I'm hanging out with friends right now, and there are five laptops in the room. These laptops, despite limited hardware (there are netbooks in the mix), do infinitely better for us than desktops. We love to play Minecraft, Killing Floor, Unreal, or whatever the game of the month is with each other. Two of the people here don't even have internet at home. Do you really think people would drag a freaking desktop to a friend's house on a daily basis? No. We get laptops so we can do things together, in the same room. Not one computer in this assortment was over $300, even though two of them can handle Skyrim.

    Do you think gaming performance is the end-all for a teenager? Or socializing?
    and your ignoring the issue of me even asking the TC if they needed portability at all. Your not going to be playing Bf3 for over a hour on a laptop without being tied to a outlet just like desktops are.

    now the odd thing with your statement is, there two people that do PC gaming but somehow don't have internet. I don't think these two people are flying in from the south pole on a daily basis and likely live in a area with DSL. Anyways people have and do lug desktops around they just don't feel the need to do it every day especially with the invention of high speed internet. Whoever wants a gaming laptop i simply feel sad for. Since they are biting themselves in the ass and bending over to the likes of Alienware.


    still can't belive someone would own a PC and say "ehhhh, who needs internet." Seems like buying a sports car, and replacing the gas tank with a moped scooters tank.

Similar Threads

  1. My laptop and TF2.
    By KuroCat in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-Oct-2010, 20:37
  2. Laptop is being an ass
    By Geostigma123 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-Feb-2010, 06:32
  3. Got a laptop
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2009, 03:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.