Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new bottle!!!!!

Default My new bottle!!!!!

Ok I just bought a pair of new baby bottles I got two 250ml advent bottles in pink and a pack of 6 month+ teats, their awesome the fast flow teats allow a good flow and the bottle has a ring in the lid, if you take it out then it let's air into the bottle as you drink so you don't have to keep stopping! They feel very babyish and to be honest i like it better than my nuk 5 style adult teat, just thought I'd share as there has been a bit of bottle talk recently

Congrats on your new bottle purchases! I've only got one and its been so long since I had a chance to use it I've forgotten the name of it. It might be an Advent...that name sounds familiar. Have to pull it out of hiding when I get home this evening. I have it stashed away in one of my prams which no one ever fools around with except me.

~Pramrider

I can't upload my own photos because I'm on my iPad but I can paste one from google!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6280-philipsavent9ozpinkbottletwinpackscf68427-3-500.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	13565
    Even though it's a baby teat it feels big enough especially as you can just suck as if it were a straw, nice and easy on the mouth won't tire you out using it!

Hm, I think I've seen those around, but I tend to gravitate toward larger volume bottles. I'm curious to try the teat, though. Maybe one of these days I'll buy one of those two-packs of those teats if I come across them.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbabsie View Post
    Hm, I think I've seen those around, but I tend to gravitate toward larger volume bottles. I'm curious to try the teat, though. Maybe one of these days I'll buy one of those two-packs of those teats if I come across them.
    I think those teats ONLY fit Advent bottles but they do make the bottles in a 330ml bottle, that's the same size as a can of pop but it looks like only the 250ml are available in pink and blue, all the rest are plain! If your thinking of buying one Boots have Advent supplies on three for two at the moment, I didn't notice and the white haired lady at the till made a big deal about pointing it out to me then tried to get me to sign up for some points saving scheme saying that 'you could save a few pennies to by other things for baby' that made me giggle a little!
    Last edited by Trevor; 02-Aug-2012 at 00:15. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Just checked...mine is an Avent bottle though the bottle is clear without any color.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsteve View Post
    I think those teats ONLY fit Advent bottles but they do make the bottles in a 330ml bottle, that's the same size as a can of pop but it looks like only the 250ml are available in pink and blue, all the rest are plain! If your thinking of buying one Boots have Advent supplies on three for two at the moment, I didn't notice and the white haired lady at the till made a big deal about pointing it out to me then tried to get me to sign up for some points saving scheme saying that 'you could save a few pennies to by other things for baby' that made me giggle a little!
    Thanks for the tip. Ok what is this Boots everyone keeps talking about? It sounds like a UK thing...is it a UK thing?

It's a high street chemists/pharmacy shop their the biggest name for that sort of stuff and usually stock everything instead of the small selection most supermarkets carry, they do all the baby supplies toiletries even basic incontinence supplies

Quote Originally Posted by bbbabsie View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Ok what is this Boots everyone keeps talking about? It sounds like a UK thing...is it a UK thing?
    yes it is a uk thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsteve View Post
    Ok I just bought a pair of new baby bottles I got two 250ml advent bottles in pink and a pack of 6 month+ teats, their awesome the fast flow teats allow a good flow and the bottle has a ring in the lid, if you take it out then it let's air into the bottle as you drink so you don't have to keep stopping! They feel very babyish and to be honest i like it better than my nuk 5 style adult teat, just thought I'd share as there has been a bit of bottle talk recently
    Congrats, I have had a few nuk 5 style bottles and found myself with advent teat being the best for flow and not wearing my mouth out or collapsing like the nuk 5 one; rather an odd problem as the nuk 5 is suppost to be collapse resistant as it was made for babies with cleft palates. My advent ones are on custom printed baby blue and pink 800ml sports bottles that was made to look more babyish and out of transparent hard plastic.