Thread: Adult Babies at "Sexpo"

Default Adult Babies at "Sexpo"

There's an adult convention coming up in Brisbane this week called "Sexpo" and I've been thinking about going along. I'm not sure if anything by that name exists overseas but I'm sure there must be equivalents - it's exactly what you'd expect base on the name - a big 18+ convention with shows, demonstrations and lots of adult items for sale. I've been once before but it was with a group of friends so we sort of just giggled at all the strange kinky things and I didn't really get to have a decent look around.

So I made this thread to hear from some others who had been to one of these sorts of expos before to get some idea of what to expect in regards to ABDL presence. I'm a little worried that that presence is going to be essentially zero, and that I'll be lucky if people are even ABDL-aware, but it should still be a good opportunity to diaper up and talk to some open-minded people about my kink, maybe weird out the "norms" a little haha. I'm thinking I'll wear the thickest most obvious diaper I can manage - like a big Molicare with a thick cloth diaper as a stuffer, and then crinkly plastic pants over the whole thing. Should be fun right? I just pray I don't run into anyone I know there...

Anyway, let's hear your stories and words of advice about adult babies and adult conventions.

Hey fellow Brisbanian here. I don't think there will be many ABDL's at the convention but I must say you have a lot of courage to exhibit yourself in such a manner.

Off topic I have never met any other AB's from Bris. I thought I was alone :P.

Good luck! I doubt there's be any ABDLs there, but I'm sure you'll educate a few people.

I think you should be prepared to be seen by someone you know though, especially if you've been before with friends!

Quote Originally Posted by codebreaker View Post
    There's an adult convention coming up in Brisbane this week called "Sexpo" and I've been thinking about going along. I'm not sure if anything by that name exists overseas but I'm sure there must be equivalents - it's exactly what you'd expect base on the name - a big 18+ convention with shows, demonstrations and lots of adult items for sale. I've been once before but it was with a group of friends so we sort of just giggled at all the strange kinky things and I didn't really get to have a decent look around.

So I made this thread to hear from some others who had been to one of these sorts of expos before to get some idea of what to expect in regards to ABDL presence. I'm a little worried that that presence is going to be essentially zero, and that I'll be lucky if people are even ABDL-aware, but it should still be a good opportunity to diaper up and talk to some open-minded people about my kink, maybe weird out the "norms" a little haha. I'm thinking I'll wear the thickest most obvious diaper I can manage - like a big Molicare with a thick cloth diaper as a stuffer, and then crinkly plastic pants over the whole thing. Should be fun right? I just pray I don't run into anyone I know there...

Anyway, let's hear your stories and words of advice about adult babies and adult conventions.
    They often do a TV show about the sexpo conventions on G4 here in the U.S. btw G4 is video game network that more or less branched out and some how ended up sending reporters to most of the large sexpo conventions around the world. They tend to look for the things that stick out the most so if you do it you might just end up on American T.V., but go for it if you can talk about a rush.

best of luck
    Adella

Ha wow no I'm certainly not up for being on tv. And when I say I'm going to be obviously diapered up, I mean, you know, "obviously" in big air quotes - I'm still going to be wearing jeans - I will just have a bit of a waddle and a padded bum. Might be noticeable by some people but hopefully if I see anyone I know, I'll be able to hide it for long enough to awkwardly say hello and move along.

Sexpo in Brisbane is a pretty lame affair because of the Queensland's draconian laws and lack of foresight. Brisbane is not a very cosmopolitan city –in comparison with Melbourne for instance.

Having said that Sexpo in Melbourne is not much better! Sexpo here in Brissy is just one glorified cheap adult shop with not a lot to see (in my opinion) - a lot of people walking around with cheap show-bags and general TAT not wanting to spend money – as there is little to spend it on!

However....... if you were go to somewhere in Europe there is a show called Erotica. I thought I had a pretty broad mind until I visited the London show several years ago, and it was great to see so many different quality fetish stands - and people with a broad minds - relaxing, smiling and enjoying the atmosphere – just soaking it up. I have spoken about it many times to friends and acquaintances since. I’d love to have the opportunity to go there again

Having visited Sexpo in Aus - I would not waste my time again as it was a let down – for me – though I am sure that people do enjoy it though!

Some of the failings in my opinion instance were, there was no Lesbian or Gay 'support' stand's, there was no quality 'leather or PVC' stand, - there was nothing of any great interest - and certainly not AB/DL stands or other fetish/interests - that would be far too outrageous for Brisbane! I am not saying that fetishes do not exist here - but from my experience and knowledge many are closeted - The quality suppliers and support were not there at the various shows that I have been to here.

However I did notice various local Gym's chains were handing out memberships – and of course the standard instant hot packs and TENS machines vendors were there!!

I can tell you from my own experience that there are many AB/DL guys of all ages (not so many Girls) in Brisbane, I have had the pleasure of meeting many in role at work - however not everyone wants to meet or be social - but I am happy to do so if the opportunity arises – just send me a message if you wish to correspond.