Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney And Walks Away From Dying Medical Marijuana Patient

Default Romney And Walks Away From Dying Medical Marijuana Patient

Video Mitt Romney Disses And Walks Away From Dying Medical Marijuana Patient (VIDEO) - YouTube

I didn't see a thread for it, and as far as I know, the presidential thread and the medical marijuana thread are both dead.

I'm not talking about Romney's policies here, but the way he treated the person asking him a question is disgusting. He acted condescending, as if he is better than the poor man, then walked away and utterly dismissed his question. He didn't even have the decency to give a yes or no. He simply walked away.

I wasn't in favor of Romney to begin with, but with the way he treated the guy, he's completely lost any chance for my vote.

I don't understand how someone can treat another human being like that, especially if they are running for presidency of the United States.

Congrats on posting a 5 year old video. Maybe if it was current it might carry a bit more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieverPup View Post
    Congrats on posting a 5 year old video. Maybe if it was current it might carry a bit more weight.
    I assume you mean 5 month video, in which case, that still does hold weight. If there is another video of the same thing that happens to be 5 years old, then there you go, you're right on that. I haven't seen one, and the video I linked is from January. But nice reading skills. :U

I am not from USA, but I don't like of republicans, I prefer democrats

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I assume you mean 5 month video, in which case, that still does hold weight. If there is another video of the same thing that happens to be 5 years old, then there you go, you're right on that. I haven't seen one, and the video I linked is from January. But nice reading skills. :U
    Is that why it says October 2007 in the video itself?

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    Is that why it says October 2007 in the video itself?
    I was going by the upload date. I also stated that I have seen no other video like that, meaning that it's (to my knowledge) a 5 month old video. :U

In what way is the video's age relevant, anyways? It happened, and he's running for presidency this year. Obviously he hasn't changed his opinion on the policy. I'm failing to see how the age has any relation to anything important. If he did change his policy, I haven't been made aware of the fact. If so, then I'll admit I'm wrong. But, to my knowledge, he hasn't. It's still relevant. Romney dismissed a person's question, which is just in bad taste regardless of who it is, and he also acted condescending to the asker of said question. The topic was on medical marijuana and the person asking was, as stated, a dying medical marijuana user. So, in what way is the video's age relevant? I also stated that I'm not talking about his policies as a whole, but in the way he acted to someone who had asked him a question. I'm not asking for a presidency debate - I'm asking for a discussion on the video and this topic.

I was going by the upload date. I also stated that I have seen no other video like that, meaning that it's (to my knowledge) a 5 month old video.
    Being ignorant about something for 5 years does not make it new. Romney Ignores Question from Medical Marijuana Patient - YouTube

Regardless of when the video was taken, you have to admit that his response was quite terse, dismissive and disrespectful to say the least. Just because that individual probably won't or didn't vote for him doesn't make his question any less valid. He didn't provide any reasons to his position. If you want to become the leader of the free world you have to be able to defend your position and what you stand for.

All this says is 'I'm an elitist asshole, hooray for me'

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    Being ignorant about something for 5 years does not make it new. Romney Ignores Question from Medical Marijuana Patient - YouTube

I also stated that I have seen no other video like that, meaning that it's (to my knowledge) a 5 month old video. :U

I assume you mean 5 month video, in which case, that still does hold weight. If there is another video of the same thing that happens to be 5 years old, then there you go, you're right on that.
    Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by pldc View Post
    Regardless of when the video was taken, you have to admit that his response was quite terse, dismissive and disrespectful to say the least. Just because that individual probably won't or didn't vote for him doesn't make his question any less valid. He didn't provide any reasons to his position. If you want to become the leader of the free world you have to be able to defend your position and what you stand for.

All this says is 'I'm an elitist asshole, hooray for me'
    That's exactly my point. He's running for presidency, yet he acts like people who either aren't voting for him, or do things that are against his policies are inferior to him. It's disheartening that someone, who is actually running for presidency, would actually walk away mid question and act as if he is better than the person. It doesn't matter who he did it to. Unfortunately, it was to a dying medical marijuana user. He didn't have the decency to take a few more moments and answer the question, or even talk about it. He just sort of grinned and began to block the boy out when he admitted to using medical marijuana.

That's exactly my point. He's running for presidency, yet he acts like people who either aren't voting for him, or do things that are against his policies are inferior to him. It's disheartening that someone, who is actually running for presidency, would actually walk away mid question and act as if he is better than the person. It doesn't matter who he did it to. Unfortunately, it was to a dying medical marijuana user. He didn't have the decency to take a few more moments and answer the question, or even talk about it. He just sort of grinned and began to block the boy out when he admitted to using medical marijuana.
    to be fair he states he would die without taking meds and I assume these same meds are making him unwillingly/unable to eat which is where medical pot with its munchies side affect comes into play. If what the guy said is true which it appears to be from the video he's one of the cases as to why medical pot even exists. either way this video is from nearly 5 years ago and people and things can change in that length of time.

Just like Mitt's not tying dogs to car roofs anymore.