Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings, all.

Default Greetings, all.

Just wanted to say hi to all those out there and put up an introduction post of my own. I'm a high school student looking at studying a health science in New Zealand (which is NOT part of Australia). I am into mountain biking, driving and working on cars (preferably Subarus, my other great love). Thanks. :P oh and I love this forum for all the GOOD stories, tips and support. Ta muchness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    Just wanted to say hi to all those out there and put up an introduction post of my own. I'm a high school student looking at studying a health science in New Zealand (which is NOT part of Australia). I am into mountain biking, driving and working on cars (preferably Subarus, my other great love). Thanks. :P oh and I love this forum for all the GOOD stories, tips and support. Ta muchness.
    Hi Welcome to ADISC. So you like cars or just working on cars?(well i think it doesn't matter) And what is your favorite subarus? I'm not exactly fan of Subaru(I'm more Nissan bloke) but i like Impreza 22B STi and in fact i own one (In Forza). And last is i hope you enjoy the site and find new friend

I am both a car enthusiast and enjoy working on them. Got your license? Got my NZ full. :P Favourite Subaru of all time would have to be the 1989 Subaru Leone RX/II for looks (just old-skool awesome) and the NZDM 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi for performance. In Mica Blue. And yeah, I own a 22B too, on GT4/5. :]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1367.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	13465  

I am both a car enthusiast and enjoy working on them. Got your license? Got my NZ full. :P Favourite Subaru of all time would have to be the 1989 Subaru Leone RX/II for looks (just old-skool awesome) and the NZDM 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi for performance. In Mica Blue. And yeah, I own a 22B too, on GT4/5. :]
    Cool car i like old school retro japanese cars. No sadly i haven't got my license. I still have to wait until i get 17. But i already think of my first car because of money issue is either 1990s Toyota Corolla Liftback, Late 90s Mitsubishi Galant, 1990s Mazda MX-6. Nut now the toyota wins i have many plan for it including new wheels (it's either Work Equip 01, RS Watanabe R-Type, or Volk TE37V) and engine swaps with 4A-GE. O h yeah i forgot to mention favorite car for me a 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R KPGC10

Sorry my post for being so long i just exited to talk about my first car.

welcome to the site, what kind of stuff do you like? subarus engines make great airplane engines on planes that dont require pressureization, great cars.

Quote Originally Posted by happyguy90 View Post
    welcome to the site, what kind of stuff do you like? subarus engines make great airplane engines on planes that dont require pressureization, great cars.
    Yeah the EA series engines is also popular in jet boats too here in NZ. Its supreme reliability and cheap costs make it ideal for applications where you really don't want it to break! :P

I also enjoy music, singing, playing sax, musical theatre, and most importantly, mountain biking and CARS! I'm lucky in that i live a block away from the country, with plenty of public cycle tracks within a half hour ride.

to archer, yeah i would love an original KP too, but they are prohibitively expensive, especially since in New Zealand we mostly drive second hand Jap imports (cars that were bought new in Japan and then imported after the first owner was done). so when those cars become rare and desirable there, they come over here and buy them back! true story. and for a first car, I'm looking at the regular, station wagon version of the Leone, as it has good 4WD capabilities with low range and centre diff lock, yet goes/handles well on road and you can STi SWAP IT! i would like a 4WD for those hard to get to hunting, tramping and MTB spots. and for play. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    No sadly i haven't got my license. I still have to wait until i get 17.
    I got mine when i was 15! NZ FTW! It's 16 now though, which sucks for sooo many people I know.

- - - Updated - - -

No sadly i haven't got my license. I still have to wait until i get 17.
    I got mine when i was 15! NZ FTW! It's 16 now though, which sucks for sooo many people I know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2920.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	13495  

to archer, yeah i would love an original KP too, but they are prohibitively expensive, especially since in New Zealand we mostly drive second hand Jap imports (cars that were bought new in Japan and then imported after the first owner was done). so when those cars become rare and desirable there, they come over here and buy them back! true story. and for a first car, I'm looking at the regular, station wagon version of the Leone, as it has good 4WD capabilities with low range and centre diff lock, yet goes/handles well on road and you can STi SWAP IT! i would like a 4WD for those hard to get to hunting, tramping and MTB spots. and for play. :P
    Yeah the price for original KP(Not the original GT-R) in Japan is about $25000 and the original up to $80000 and as far as i know there are no KPGC1O in Indonesia and Indonesian laws prohibited import of used car. So even if i have money to buy it i'm never getting it in here. And wow i imagined you in an Leone with STi engine and some guy turned up in Impreza and you can beat it wow that would be awesome.

How you do that? awesome. Damn i have to wait until January(it's my birthday) till i get my license

Yeah the price for original KP(Not the original GT-R) in Japan is about $25000 and the original up to $80000 and as far as i know there are no KPGC1O in Indonesia and Indonesian laws prohibited import of used car. So even if i have money to buy it i'm never getting it in here. And wow i imagined you in an Leone with STi engine and some guy turned up in Impreza and you can beat it wow that would be awesome.
    Yeah I would doubt if there are more than 4 in the country here. :P We have quite good import laws thankfully, allowing anything to be imported if it is over 20 years old, anything to be imported if it is classified as an 'enthusiast' car (eg car clubs etc) and anything to be imported if it meets import emission regulations.
    Yeah thats another good reason for the Leone STi. :P Ultimate sleeper factor. I know a guy who had a WRX and he got pulled over 3 times in the first day he owned it!

How you do that? awesome. Damn i have to wait until January(it's my birthday) till i get my license
    Well the legal age was 15 when I got my learner's, but they changed it to 16 when I was on my Restricted (which lets you drive by yourself between 5am and 10pm). I had to get an exemption to get my full at the old 'normal' age, because otherwise I would have to have been 17.5. So I got my full 3 months before I turned 17. Your laws sound like BS to me.

Well the legal age was 15 when I got my learner's, but they changed it to 16 when I was on my Restricted (which lets you drive by yourself between 5am and 10pm). I had to get an exemption to get my full at the old 'normal' age, because otherwise I would have to have been 17.5. So I got my full 3 months before I turned 17. Your laws sound like BS to me.
    Well law is law you have to obey it or you gonna get some trouble.

Lol well if that's the case we better not talk about my preferred driving style. :P