Question

my house was broke into... yay...
    my knifes stolen
    my computer monitor taken
    my cash stolen
    my MTX 10s stolen...
    god... it couldn't get worse...
    oh wait, it did
    my van was ripped off bad, all the fuses gone, battery gone, stereo and speakers gone... (TBE, you didnt get a chance to see my van, was in the shop for engine work)
    I hate this city.
    if anyone can donate to help me replace this stuff, you will have my eternal gratitude and I will do anything for you...

if anyones wondering how im using my computer still, I do have TV outputs and my RCA tv wasnt touched
    Last edited by Peachy; 18-Oct-2008 at 07:16. Reason: merging double post

ouch, that sucks dude. One my friends had the same thing happen to him a couple of years of years ago. Countless family heirlooms stolen and the family was devastated.

I hope the cops will find out the scumbag who did this to you and your family.

Man, that blows, my house was broken into too, my mom's jewelery that she gave to her grandma that gave it back to her before she died, what is it called, a brooch, or what ever was taken.

Most of her hand cut crystal-lead wedding crystal was taken too, and it has to be 27 years old-there's no way we can replace that.

Also, my mom is a huge fan of anything with grapes, I don't know why though. But she had some big huge crystal hand cut grapes given to her as a present from a friend. Thankfully we found those in one of the pawnshops in the city.

And a whole bunch of other stuff, they weren't big expensive things, but they were all priceless things dear to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    my house was broke into... yay...
    my knifes stolen
    my computer monitor taken
    my cash stolen
    my MTX 10s stolen...
    god... it couldn't get worse...
    oh wait, it did
    my van was ripped off bad, all the fuses gone, battery gone, stereo and speakers gone... (TBE, you didnt get a chance to see my van, was in the shop for engine work)
    I hate this city.
    if anyone can donate to help me replace this stuff, you will have my eternal gratitude and I will do anything for you...
    Sorry to hear that dude I hope they find and jail the guy that did it.

I hate getting robbed. It hasn't happened on a large scale (like what happened to you) yet but things that get taken out of my backpack and I don't know where they went, and things like that. I've become very protective of my belongings in public. I'm sorry that you lost all of your belongings. Did you happen to get a serial number on any of the things lost?

for the stuff targeted though, this wasnt a random burglery, my kbar wasnt in the open, it was hidden in the dresser under my underwear, I only showed a few friends that, which leads me to believe one of my friends betrayed me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    for the stuff targeted though, this wasnt a random burglery, my kbar wasnt in the open, it was hidden in the dresser under my underwear, I only showed a few friends that, which leads me to believe one of my friends betrayed me...
    Professional robbers usually look in places where you normally wouldn't expect anything. This was always gone over in the show it takes a thief on the discovery channel which sadly isn't on anymore it seams.

Ouch!!! I know you and your family must really feel violated. The economic problems aren't helping things any. Even in the grocery store where my daughter works, shoplifters are getting ever bolder. Even wheeling fully loaded carts of food out the door without batting an eyelash. Being in an urban area (South Bend, IN) burglaries were probably higher even when times were better. I hope some of your items can be recovered at places where crooks might try to unload them for cash. If you can positively ID some of the stolen pieces, you might also keep an eye out on ebay or online classifieds like craigslist - craigslist: south bend / michiana classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events Stolen items have been recovered from both those online sources. Thieves generally want to convert to cash quickly, so think like a thief about where you'd try to fence the stuff in your area in a hurry.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Professional robbers usually look in places where you normally wouldn't expect anything. This was always gone over in the show it takes a thief on the discovery channel which sadly isn't on anymore it seams.
    if this was a pro, they would have taken jewelry, they only targeted the money, the weapons, and a car stereo and a battery, this was a kid, if it was a pro, they would have took the van.. and they only took my subs because they werent boxed, as a matter of fact Josh still gave me the 180 for my troubles (he was buying, he still bought the SoundStorm amp though)
    and if your wondering what form of cash was taken, it was my nickles, amazingly not my 200$ in 20s in my room in a little box marked "ITS NOT A MARIJUANA STASH!" (my parents got it as a joke for my baseball cards, well... I stopped collecting cards years ago, now its my personal piggy bank)