Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg

Default Omg

Holy shit, today the most amazing thing happened to someone i know! Believe it or not, he won 1.2 MILLION ****ING DOLLARS!! He is the guy that owns my local paintball field, and hes an awesome guy, totally deserves it. He is pretty old, about 60, and hes just awesome! He told me hes gonna build a new house, and upgrade the paintball field as well, which will be really really cool! Another thing, is the gas station that sells the winning ticket, gets $12,000 for selling the ticket, and he actually owns that. So technically he won 1,212,000. We all knew someone had one it, but no one knew who. But today I found out, cause i called him about a paintball tournament... Wow, im still pretty excited about it. Im curious as to how much taxes will be taken out, and if hell do lump some, or payments....

And heres a little proof, if you dont think im being truthful!

Winning $1.2M lottery ticket sold in Kirksville - Kirksville, MO - Kirksville Daily Express

Hell I won a little more than that in my settelment, but I had to give up a little of my leg to get it.

Its not like hes going to get it all at once and 1 million dollars doesn't last that long. He better be careful with his winnings.

Peachy

Money you win in the lottery here is tax free, so *sticks tongue out* he'd get the whole 1.2 million here!

That said, please don't bug him about giving you some of it. People who win the lottery suddenly find themselves to have many "friends" that they never knew of before.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Money you win in the lottery here is tax free, so *sticks tongue out* he'd get the whole 1.2 million here!

That said, please don't bug him about giving you some of it. People who win the lottery suddenly find themselves to have many "friends" that they never knew of before.

Peachy
    Oh, Peachy, of course im not gonna ask him for any money, i just paintball with him, its not like hes my uncle, lol.

It's not that unusual for someone to know someone...or to know someone who knows someone...who has won a lot of money in a lottery.

My sister knows a couple who won several millions of dollars (I don't remember how much...but 10+Million). Anyway, they built a new home for his parents, a new home for her parents, a new home for themselves, invested for their children's educations, and donated a large sum to research for a disease that their oldest child suffers from. The husband didn't quit his job working in a lumber mill, although his wife did quit her job. Oh, and they took the kids on a dream vacation to Disney World. Other than the new house, and financial security for their family's future, nothing really changed for them.

I personally would like to win even just one million dollars. The trick is to not spend the actual money, but to invest it and live on the interest. I had this conversation, back in the summer, with my favourite bus driver, and he convinced me that investing is the best idea, because you have the buying power of the million dollars. Sure you have to keep paying it back, but you always have the same buying power 'cause you always have that money! You know how they say "The bank will only loan you money if you can prove you don't need it!"? If you have a million or two invested, then you don't 'need' the money from a loan, but you take it to build your house, or go on your trip, and so you actually need to win less money than if you were just to spend it all!

Oh, and in Canada...winnings from lotteries are tax free!