Thread: Identification(s)

Default Identification(s)

I am going to post this in each of the affinity groups.
    I will be doing a presentation at Southern Comfort (the largest transgender conference in the world) titled Transgender Identification Getting it Right.
    I want to include the traditional crossdresser, transgenderist, no-op, pre-op and post-op transsexual and I also want to include the diversity with-in our diversity that includes adult babies, sissy/little girl, baby/fur. There is an aspect of me in the sissy/LG and when I identify my self to college classes I say that I am Christian, heterosexual, transgender (gender fluid) and in the autism spectrum. Of course I am many other things a father, husband, grandfather, worked in nondestructive testing, anthropologist, social worker…

The question is how have you come to your identification(s)
    Sally

I for one first identified as a sissy several years ago and treated it as nothing more then a sexual fetish but I soon came to realize this made me feel really bad when i did it like that. I soon moved into girls clothing buying an outfit here an there and realized i like the feeling it gave me when i played dressed but when i changed back to my boy stuff that bad feeling returned, like i had done something I should be ashamed of. I joined another site, one where people share their experiences *hint hint* where through my joining certain groups got me connected with a lot of people who ranged from Sissy/LG, Cross dressers, and all types of Transgender people and I realized to more I talked to people hearing their stories, feeling and experiences I quickly came to the conclusion that I to was transgender, opening up freely to people and reflecting my past, my choices and my deepest feeling it all made sense to me and explained why i had always felt out of place my entire life.

I do not know if this correctly answers your question, I hope it does.

I identify as a transman (transsexual). Pre-op but already on hormone therapy. I've known since I was about six that I should have been a boy.

downtide
    I have made an effort to get to know some of the guys and while there are similarities to our stories F to M and M to F there are differences, and once on T the changes are such there is no real turning back.
    I am however more interested in the AB/LG identification and how that is arrived at.
    I am in a discussion with a friend of mine who is LG and we both are very not into the being dominated/humiliated sort of thing.

ever since i was little i felt like a little boy and in middle school i thought feeling like a boy made me a lesbian. after having my first girlfriend i realised that there was something wrong and i dont fit into the lesbian catigory because she was a lesbian and didnt feel like a boy. then after a few more i was still confused. then i learned my friend was an in the closet transman and he felt the same way i felt like. i soon learned that i was a ftm transperson and thats just a long story short of how i came to my identity.

Max
    All of the guys I have met first identified as lesbian, I am hoping however that young trans individuals can find information to help them find their path.

it it took me along time to figure out myself. and the funny thing is, my first girlfriend knew i was trans but didnt wanna offind me by asking me. which if she wouldve just talked to me, then maybe i wouldve found out when i was 14 :P

Firstly I'm m2F trans which does have a bigger side however because I've always had a inner girl child, from an ageplay point of view, that side comes out as LG being a rerun of my younger side. I first realized I was female on the inside when I was very young just like with a good many of that generation it took time to come out because the prevailing attitude was on of "Don't be silly, you're a boy and you can't change that" (visualize a load of groan ups jumping up and down saying "Silly,Silly, Silly") although one psychologist I saw agreed with me.
    My LG side isn't remotely sexual so I chose not to use the term Sissy to define me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRobKY View Post
    I for one first identified as a sissy several years ago and treated it as nothing more then a sexual fetish but I soon came to realize this made me feel really bad when i did it like that. I soon moved into girls clothing buying an outfit here an there and realized i like the feeling it gave me when i played dressed but when i changed back to my boy stuff that bad feeling returned, like i had done something I should be ashamed of. I joined another site, one where people share their experiences *hint hint* where through my joining certain groups got me connected with a lot of people who ranged from Sissy/LG, Cross dressers, and all types of Transgender people and I realized to more I talked to people hearing their stories, feeling and experiences I quickly came to the conclusion that I to was transgender, opening up freely to people and reflecting my past, my choices and my deepest feeling it all made sense to me and explained why i had always felt out of place my entire life.

I do not know if this correctly answers your question, I hope it does.
    He He I'm sure I know that site and can understand how it may of help you just my experiences there were negative but that stuff belongs elsewhere.
    Last edited by Nihlus; 25-Jul-2012 at 16:19. Reason: Removed automerged duplicate post

I identify as an LG, I just like acting and playing like one