Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what did they say ?

Red face what did they say ?

hey guys, just wondering, for those of you who have told their parents, what did they say? did they take it well? did they take it bad?
    fill me in

Thaguy123

I told my mother. She as fine with it

Hello! If it was purely a fetish, as it is for me ( no medical need etc.) I have absolutely no idea why somebody would feel the need to tell their parents about it. Then again, that is just me. As I see it, I would never want to discuss with my folks that I prefer doggy style, and get turned on by girls in Lycra and leather either.. To me it all falls under the same umbrella..

If I had medical need though, I would tell them immediately. Feel they should then know.

Each to their own though obviously, and good luck to all.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    Hello! If it was purely a fetish, as it is for me ( no medical need etc.) I have absolutely no idea why somebody would feel the need to tell their parents about it. Then again, that is just me. As I see it, I would never want to discuss with my folks that I prefer doggy style, and get turned on by girls in Lycra and leather either.. To me it all falls under the same umbrella..

If I had medical need though, I would tell them immediately. Feel they should then know.

Each to their own though obviously, and good luck to all.
    Andrew
    Absolutely true.
    If its a fetish, nobody needs to or probably wants to know.
    T.M.I Too much information.
    I also concur that everybody has their thing.

I haven't told my parents and don't plan on it. But I suppose if my mom did find something and I had to explain it to her...she might be okay with it. She also might think I have deep psychological issues or something, but I don't think she'd go all berserk or anything. At least that's what I'm assuming.

pepsicolaisgreat

I don't think parents need/want to know of this side of them. Especially if it's sexual like it is for me.

But no I haven't told my parents or anyone else and never will.

I won't tell them. I'm 25 years old. I talk to my brother and my girlfriend about it.

I dunno about teens and what not but IMO:

Parents shouldn't know unless you're in some form of trouble. Of course they'll accept you anyways. That's not the point. It's that by telling them, you immediately make them ask themselves what they could of done differently. (Even though your fetish probably has nothing to do with them.) It's just another thing to put on their conscience and make them question a bunch of stuff. You think you're confused? Then how do you think they would feel?

If you can manage on your own, don't bring your parents into it. This is your beast of burden. (Pretty awesome beast though, right?)

I gotta agree... Im well beyond worries of parents knowing, and far from the days of having to hide evidence of it, etc... But I remember those days well. I never felt that it should be shared with them. Kinda like I really dont wanna know about their kinks in the bedroom... I would even go as far as saying that if one feels the need to talk to their rents about their private fetishes... that they really need to seek out the help of a psycologist instead. If you cant manage your own kinks you may need to talk to a professional therapist, cuz at that point its not about the diapers. ahem... *clears throat, jumps off soapbox... "IMO"

195h45C

My mom was abit surprised, but said 'Everybody's different'.

I think it's different to tell your parents about this than telling them that you like girls in leather. I don't think parents gets so uncomfortable that you shouldn't tell. Telling them is about checking if they accept you and getting it off your chest. Leather (I believe) isn't so heavy to carry on your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by 195h45C View Post
    My mom was abit surprised, but said 'Everybody's different'.

I think it's different to tell your parents about this than telling them that you like girls in leather. I don't think parents gets so uncomfortable that you shouldn't tell. Telling them is about checking if they accept you and getting it off your chest. Leather (I believe) isn't so heavy to carry on your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaguy123 View Post
    I told my mother. She as fine with it
    That's what I mean about it being different for teens. You guys are 13. I'm 25. I'm out of my parents house, I have a job, a girlfriend and am completely independent. You live with your parents and they support you financially, emotionally and you have no choice but to bear this fetish in their household. Me having a sit down with my parents and saying: "Mom, Dad... I'm coming out of the closet... I like diapers." It's unnecessary for them to hear that.

I was 15 when I started having those diaper cravings you know? I only had to hide it for a few years. You guys being here at 13 must mean that it's affected you really early on, which is just not the same as what I went through. Telling your moms probably saved you a lot of grief.
    Last edited by JackTheRabbit; 23-Jul-2012 at 05:36.