Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey from Stockholm, Sweden!

Chrome

Default Hey from Stockholm, Sweden!

I'm Sebastian, and I'm studying to become a high school teacher at the University of Stockholm. Prior to moving back to Stockholm (I was raised here), I was a grad researcher based w/in the Department of American Studies at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England, where I was researching and working on my PhD. I quit after a year due to financial circumstances and fears of my employability as a newly qualified academic. Having said that, I'm loving every minute of my new academic career.

I'm a daddy (I've also been an online one in the past), and that is where my interests are at in terms of ABDL, though I also enjoy being an occasional DL.

Seen as people like it when new members write about themselves, I figured I'd provide a summary. My interests are reading, writing poetry and music, hanging out w/ friends, and dancing. I'm also an avid fan of the NFL (Go Packers!) and the NHL (Go Canucks!).

I'm here to get to know new people, make new friends, and hopefully, one of these days, meet some of you guys down the road. You never know, right?

Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I'm Sebastian, and I'm studying to become a high school teacher at the University of Stockholm. Prior to moving back to Stockholm (I was raised here), I was a grad researcher based w/in the Department of American Studies at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England, where I was researching and working on my PhD. I quit after a year due to financial circumstances and fears of my employability as a newly qualified academic. Having said that, I'm loving every minute of my new academic career.

I'm a daddy (I've also been an online one in the past), and that is where my interests are at in terms of ABDL, though I also enjoy being an occasional DL.

Seen as people like it when new members write about themselves, I figured I'd provide a summary. My interests are reading, writing poetry and music, hanging out w/ friends, and dancing. I'm also an avid fan of the NFL (Go Packers!) and the NHL (Go Canucks!).

I'm here to get to know new people, make new friends, and hopefully, one of these days, meet some of you guys down the road. You never know, right?

Sebastian
    Hallo and welcome to ADISC. What music do you like? I like Baroque. :-)

Welcome Sebastian from the UK. I've a known a number of people from Norway and Sweden in the past, enjoy music and art apart from being alg.

Hi Sebastian and welcome to a fellow dl,I see that when you were in the UK you went to Sussex university,this is very interesting because i live in Sussex very close to Lewes.I have met and spoken to many Swedish speedway riders who ride in England because i enjoy the sport just like many other people in your country,I also enjoy watching the ice hockey on tv.I hope to visit Sweden one day and go to a gp at either Gothenburg or manila.I would like to welcome you to our community and hope to speak with you again,all the best

Chrome

Skunk053: Thanks, buddy! I like North American (U.S. and Canadian) Synth Pop and Electronic music, pure Synth like Jean Michel Jarre, and Vangelis, New Beat, and Orchestral music.

JoanneChan: Thanks, Joanne! I appreciate it. What do you enjoy in terms of music and art?

Boroughbaby: Thanks, buddy! I also lived in Newcastle, England for four years when I was at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, where I did my BA and MA. I'm not a a fan of Speedway, though I massively enjoy the NFL and the NHL; I support the Vancouver Canucks. I'm thinking of moving to Gothenburg when I finish my grad teaching degree. If you'd like to visit Sweden some time, let me know. Thanks for being so welcoming, and I'm sure we'll speak again.
    Last edited by Trevor; 23-Jul-2012 at 01:37. Reason: merging posts.

JoanneChan: Thanks, Joanne! I appreciate it. What do you enjoy in terms of music and art?
    I enjoy an awful lot of classical music by Sibelius and Greig part from having a shelf devoted to Mozart as well English string music and 20th centur American composers such as Ives, Hanson, Piston, Copland and of course Lenny himself. I am guilty of having a mega library of popular music from the 50's to today that apart from such staples as Motown, those four men from Liverpool dres also feature a group called Abba. You might of heard of them.(lol)
    On the art side I enjoy photography, film remains my first love as media although because speed and reduced local developing for my blog I do use a Canon digital compact camera and love visiting galleries, Landscapes and 'Pop art' are what I get the biggest buzz from.

Chrome

Joanne: I was raised on Orchestral music, and 60's music, mainly by the Beach Boys and the Beatles. I enjoy music by primarily Russian and Eastern European composers, especially Dmitri Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Arvo Pärt, and Antonin Dvorak. I've heard of ABBA, though I've never liked them; I enjoy North American and English Synth Pop, Synth like Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis, New Beat, and Orchestral.
    Right on! I've become real keen on photography, and I'm going to be visiting plenty of galleries this summer if there are any worthwhile exhibitions on. What appeals to you about landscapes (I agree, they're beautiful) and Pop Art? I'd be interested in reading your blog; could you provide a link to it?

Joanne: I was raised on Orchestral music, and 60's music, mainly by the Beach Boys and the Beatles. I enjoy music by primarily Russian and Eastern European composers, especially Dmitri Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Arvo Pärt, and Antonin Dvorak. I've heard of ABBA, though I've never liked them; I enjoy North American and English Synth Pop, Synth like Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis, New Beat, and Orchestral.
    Right on! I've become real keen on photography, and I'm going to be visiting plenty of galleries this summer if there are any worthwhile exhibitions on. What appeals to you about landscapes (I agree, they're beautiful) and Pop Art? I'd be interested in reading your blog; could you provide a link to it?
    My littles blog isn't just about being alg but does a variety of stuff that interests me such as music, fashion and so on. You can find it here: The world of Joanne-chan.
    One of things about drawn or painted art in particular isn't just what it tells us about the period (though that's pretty interesting) it's how they tell the story through the use of different techniques. My interest in pop art came I guess like many people from studying commercial art, especially the comic strip style of adverts they used to be in the newspapers and how they appealed to an audience such as the Charles Atlas series.Liechtenstein was a major influence. There's a sense of dynamism in many that that just grabs you by the throat

Welcome aboard Sebastian!

As I was saying in another intro thread not long ago, there seems to be a wave of new Scandinavian members lately on here (or maybe it's just me noticing them xD), and I'm pleased about it because I've always had a fascination with your countries. I've been told that the northern part of Sweden is expecially beautiful and wild, and can't wait to visit it (and the whole country too, obviously).

How's studying/living in the UK compared to Sweden? Which one suits you best?

Chrome

Quattrus: Thanks, buddy! It's possible that there are a wave of new Scandinavian members on ADISC. Where does your fascination w/ the Scando countries stem from? The Northern part of Sweden is especially beautiful, and wild; my parents and I did a road trip up there and across to Norway when I was in eighth grade. If you'd like to visit it some time, let me know.

Studying/living in England compared to Sweden is way different, and it took me quite some time to get used to the college system over here. As my mom's English, my father's Eastern European (and his stepfather was raised in Toronto, Ontario), it would have to be England. Having said that, Sweden's a neat country, and Stockholm's a great place to be studying. I was hoping to move to either Montreal or Vancouver, British Columbia when I'd finished my doctoral thesis, but I'm real pleased w/ the way things have worked out. I get a guaranteed career at the end of this grad degree, and it's going to be more of a challenge, and fun, teaching high school students.
    I noticed your locale's Italy on your profile. I was going to visit Rome last summer, which didn't work out because my parents and I couldn't get an available flight, and a lot of the hotels were booked. I'd certainly like to visit Italy one of these days.

JoanneChan: Thanks! I started reading your blog, which is going to take a while; I think it's awesome, and I'm intending to get through it one entry at a time.
    That's so true about drawn or painted art, and it's something I don't think applies to modern art in the same way. Did you study commercial art at college (university)? Do you have any favorites when it comes to Pop Art? What's the Charles Atlas series? I've never heard of it, though I'm familiar w/ some North American archives for printed media. I've never been to Lichtenstein, though I'm hoping to visit Switzerland one of these days.
    Last edited by Trevor; 23-Jul-2012 at 01:38. Reason: merging posts.