Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites are Bad?

Post Goodnites are Bad?

Hello there Noodle here once again with some hopefully useful info for the world
    of people who love wearing diapers!

Most of the time when I hear people mention Goodnites people tend to go negative on them for these common reasons:
    (OMG I KNOW BULLETINS)
    • They're not Tapes
    • They leak most of the time
    • They're to tight
    • Designs aren't Babyish Enough

Well I am here to give my own review on Goodnites and show you how you can make them practical diapers and who should be wearing this undergarment.

To begin most people who complain about the use of Goodnites tend to be our more larger members. News flash(not trying to be mean) if they're not meant for your size or you are barely squeezing in to these things they're not for you. Here are the sizes that for the most part should be even consider using these undergarments:
    Sizes of Goodnites
    Small/Medium: 23-27" (This is in US size so I would convert if you use another measure)
    Large/Extra Large: 28-31"

Now onto the matter of the Absorbency and Hold (Hated that one but I did it for you peeps who do that so yeah....) of the actual Goodnite itself. The Goodnite Diaper is infamous for its many complaints about it leaking after one go but for the most part people who use them for that tend to flood. The actual absorbency of the Goodnite Diaper isnt that bad compared to most diapers meant for younger children. The problem is that though it can take, in my case 2, wettings it would have to be a slow flow to allow it to absorb nicely and not leak. The guards on the diaper itself are not good for floods at all and will leak if you let out in a fast stream. So great absorbency but only if you can go in a slow pace.

As for the hold of the diaper it really varies on how much one lets go. Like I said fit is where it really matters on this diaper. If it does cover you nicely it will hold in the load with no problem but it does no justice to the wearer because its rather horrid *shivers* after. Aerosol if you have some after doing that please......

For the most part teens and adults from our community tend to go after diapers with tapes, I know I do since its more my style but the thing about tapes that even though they are great for most sizes and do give a comfort fit they're not perfect for everyone who wants them. Some people who tend to fall short in the line of Medium to Large or Small tend to complain that none fit right. This is where Pull-ups come in handy to you people. The first thing I noticed when I actually tried these were that if you were in the range in which these things would actually fit you nicely or correctly the waistband would expand into a comfortable position that would hug you even as you walked. Compared to tapes it was convenient not worrying every so miles about a tape snapping off. If anything I would recommend most people who can fit these to wear them if they fall between the lines of diaper sizes that dont fit them right.

And as for style if you do tend to hit the S/M mark like I did you can for a moment find these cool looking Spiderman Goodnites, but they are limited so yeah get them while you can! I have seen other designs and I would say give them a break if you they dont fit your style of babyish designs like those of Pampers or Huggies Tape Diapers. Remember these were built to hide the fact that they are really night time diapers for older kids.

As for the most part I do hope this small review helped and changed your mind about giving Goodnites a chance if you actually can fit well in them. Most night time youth diapers are picky when it comes to who can use them correctly but they work. I would recommend this to most our newer and skinnier members than our bigger members because lets face it, these were built with small build people in mind.

Last Minute Stats:
    Absorbency: 7/10 (Would have gotten a 8 but the fact that it has to be slow does get annoying)
    Hold: 9/10 (It holds it in but the stink @_@ they're not meant for that)
    Design: 6/10 (Not meant for babies remember)
    Fit: 8/10 (For the most part they hug you nicely)
    Guards: 7/10 (Same as the first)

Remember most of the reason that these will fail is due to the fact that you might be too big for these.
    If you know that you're barely squeezing into them dont expect them to work on you at all.
    They're meant for those with smaller waists and size.

~ If you have any further questions about the product reviewed please post a reply and our nearest representative would get back to you shortly ~
    =^-^=
    Last edited by Noodle; 21-Jul-2012 at 06:15.

I am usually knowledgeable in most baby diapers and youth diapers due to my lucky size in the TB/DL community.
    I'll be up to help you out on any diaper needs regarding those in the two categories. I would prefer you PM me but you can post here I guess.... Ill write out a nice little explanation for any diaper that is mostly asked about.

Also to any new people reading this: The articles are filled with reviews for different diapers, and a tad more better than mine so you should check those out.
    For now ill try to put my expertise on these articles of clothing to good use and help TB/AB/DL/BFs alike.

I totally agree with your review.

The key to high absorbency with Goodnites is a slow flow. By chance this is what happens with me, and I think this is what happens to most incontinent people. We don't keep the maximum time without wetting and after that getting a huge accident. The flow is more continuous. Thanks to this and the high absorbency of Goodnites, I can keep mine for a long time during the day without any leaks or having to change.

That's funny you talk about how they "hold". Even if they officially are not means for this, I've always wondered if they are designed for it as there is room in the diaper at the bottom and that the absorbent part at the back side of the diaper is almost not absorbent but seems to be there just to "keep things inside". What do you think about it?
    It actually happened just a few times that I had such accident and even if I of course changed just after, I was happy to have my diaper on for this as well!

so, the key to using a garment supposedly intended for 'accidents', is to not have an accident, but to be quite purposeful in the 'accident'??

i think i'll stick to wearing garments whose waistbands actually fit at the waist and which are designed to fit people over ten years of age (the current 'teen' version of Goodnites is just the old 7-10 years size).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post
    That's funny you talk about how they "hold". Even if they officially are not means for this, I've always wondered if they are designed for it as there is room in the diaper at the bottom and that the absorbent part at the back side of the diaper is almost not absorbent but seems to be there just to "keep things inside". What do you think about it?
    It actually happened just a few times that I had such accident and even if I of course changed just after, I was happy to have my diaper on for this as well!
    Well the back part is just there to really just cover the back. The creators didnt really have people messing in mind when it came to the product but if it can
    cover your backside correctly it will hold it all in.
    Also the absorbent part is for absorbing urine not fecal matter lol. As long as it covers you right and is
    there(O_o never heard of a diaper without a backside lol) it should hold well.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    so, the key to using a garment supposedly intended for 'accidents', is to not have an accident, but to be quite purposeful in the 'accident'??

i think i'll stick to wearing garments whose waistbands actually fit at the waist and which are designed to fit people over ten years of age (the current 'teen' version of Goodnites is just the old 7-10 years size).
    In a sense yes but remember they are design as you said for people under 10 in mind.
    Also night time accidents from someone in that age wouldnt be a flood compared to most of our member's flood.
    We would hold more than them so the actual use of them would differ a bit on effectiveness on us.

Yeah. In general, pull-ups are just a lot less flood-friendly than ordinary diapers because of the underwear-like design. In particular, the crotch width is very unforgiving, and becomes immediately inadequate when worn by a larger person, particularly a larger male who needs a bit more room down there than a female or a younger male would. The crotch width on GoodNites L/XL, aimed at kids up to 14 years of age, is several inches narrower than on even a size 5 baby diaper, aimed at toddlers. This means that, when you flood, anything that isn't immediately absorbed has no place to go, unlike in a diaper--even a baby diaper!--where it may have room to hang out for a bit until the fluff can wick it away.

I like GoodNites and UnderJams, but larger babies definitely need to exercise caution. I've had far fewer accidents when wearing Pampers diapers than I have when wearing any (non-adult) pull-up.

EDIT: Didn't notice 'til just now that this was my 1000th post. Coooooooool.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 21-Jul-2012 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    \

EDIT: Didn't notice 'til just now that this was my 1000th post. Coooooooool.
    Congrats lol

I've done a water test on the L/XL twice. They can hold up to 32oz of water,

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter View Post
    I've done a water test on the L/XL twice. They can hold up to 32oz of water,
    The Following is a post that I made just after doing an experiment a few months ago:

I decided to take one of my goodnites( at random) ( new 2011 version) and pour water from measuring cups into the diaper.... I stopped at 9.25 cups, which equals 74 fluid OZ..... I estimate that .25 of 1 cup leaked out ( at various points, because I wasn't being careful enough with where I poured it. At 72- 74 oz,it became extremely full, stiff, and kinda difficult to put on. The outside of the diaper was totally dry, and I could have kept pouring more water ( maybe tomorrow Ill see what its absolute limit is - probably not more than 1 more cup)... I had to make room for my junk. I only wore it for about a minute because it was putting pressure on my testicles. Then I took it off and placed it on a plastic bag under my bed so that if osmosis occurs, my floor will not get wet.

I am going to do this with one of my older( last year's) goodnites for comparison.

Obviously, this is not a scientific test, because I'm not going to repeat it on my other 2011 goodnites ( maybe If I get another pack I will), so it is totally possible that this one had more SAP than the average goodnite. However, this diaper was randomly chosen for testing amongst a pack of 27,so there is no reason to suspect that the average diaper is Much better or worse in terms of Maximum absorbency.

In practice one will obviously not get this kind of performance because:
    a.) after a few cups of urine, the diaper starts to sag and, for me at least, urine starts leaking out of the Back of the leg cuffs where a gap forms ( due to the diaper's wieght)

b.) if you go to fast, urine can over run the top of the leakgaurds and leak out of the diaper before it can be absorbed.

c.) Due to the natural landing spot from human anatomy, urine will not spread over the entire diaper.In particular, urine tends to land and pool between the legs, and towards the seat of the diaper. Even if it is contained initially, osmosis begins well before the 72+ OZ I reached during the experiment ( and when I stopped there still wasn't any osmosis).

d.) When wearing the diaper,one puts pressure on the sap, which over time, can force some of the liquid out. In addition, after a certain point,it becomes so swollen, that it doesn't fit well any more

e.) For men, the rate of urine as well as the max absorbency will depend on the position of the penis. For me, if it is placed so that urine can flow past the testicles, and to the back of the diaper, I can "flood" much more than if the testicles block the flowof urine forcing it up the diaper. In the latter case, urine flows up and over the leak gaurds before the diaper can absorb it.

I estimate that in practice, for me, the diaper has an effective capacity of 20 - 32+ Oz( then it usually starts leaking due to case a).

In the future,I'd like to buy my own set of measuring cups ( used my parents ofr this so only used water) and find out how many cups my average urination amounts too.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    (the current 'teen' version of Goodnites is just the old 7-10 years size).
    Are you sure? I compared the 2011 goodnites ( and the later editions of 2009 Gn's) to the 2004/5 Goodnites that I have and they were roughly the same length from front to back. Actually they were much bigger than the 2006/2008 goodnites that I have.

I definitely do wish they were wider in the crotch... The Goodnites boxers are actually much wider ( like as wide as Pampers size 7) in the crotch and have much better leak gaurds; though the actual rise of the goodnites boxers arn't as good.