Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Playpen (1991)

pamperchu

Default Vintage Playpen (1991)

I wanted to show everyone the playpen I found at the goodwill. It was built in 1991 making it 21 years old! I can fit in it well and am washing it today because it looked like someones diaper exploded in it. ^__^

Graco Playpen (1991) - YouTube

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7679/vintageplaypen.jpg

Dayyum... I was born in 1992 and tbh the idea that this playpen was around from back when I was just a baby...

I don't know about you but the years 1992-1996 (basically my early childhood) are mentally shrouded in this mystical mist for me, so just seeing that date makes me think "Damn!". Yeah tho it does look pretty dirty, make sure you get it all clean! I have some boxed plushies down in my basement from my infancy but they're dusty as hell and I don't want to deal w/ washing that... Good luck w/ ur playpen!

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by datosprivados View Post
    Dayyum... I was born in 1992 and tbh the idea that this playpen was around from back when I was just a baby...

I don't know about you but the years 1992-1996 (basically my early childhood) are mentally shrouded in this mystical mist for me, so just seeing that date makes me think "Damn!". Yeah tho it does look pretty dirty, make sure you get it all clean! I have some boxed plushies down in my basement from my infancy but they're dusty as hell and I don't want to deal w/ washing that... Good luck w/ ur playpen!
    Yah Ive been working on washing it today, its looking a lot cleaner now. I plan on setting it up in my baby house to play in.

I also found some more vintage baby stuff today at the goodwill

Bibs from 1994
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/pamperchu/VintageBibs1994.png

Vintaqge wipe tubs from the mid 90s
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/pamperchu/VintageBabyWipeBoxes.png

dude! i had/have one of those play pens..... the pack n play... lol i grew up with that i still have it somewhere.... n thats sad since when is 1991 vintage.... i'm 1993 myself so ur saying in two years i'm officially an old maid.... geez u just made me feel sooo old....

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyprincess View Post
    dude! i had/have one of those play pens..... the pack n play... lol i grew up with that i still have it somewhere.... n thats sad since when is 1991 vintage.... i'm 1993 myself so ur saying in two years i'm officially an old maid.... geez u just made me feel sooo old....
    Anything made in the 90s is vintage to me. I was born in 1988.

They haven't changed much over the last 20 years. Now they have wheels on them at the bottom.

How do you add more support to it? I am too afraid to get in one fearing I would break it since they only hold up to 35 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    They haven't changed much over the last 20 years. Now they have wheels on them at the bottom.

How do you add more support to it? I am too afraid to get in one fearing I would break it since they only hold up to 35 lbs.
    Someone in the comments mentioned that you could reinforce it with some wood. "You can modify it with a 0.75" piece of plywood to reinforce the floor to carry your weight so you can use it to play in."

the ones they used for me was wood on the floor cloth diapers plastic baby pants duck diaper pins. there were no pampers

pamperchu

It holds me just fine as it is but, I plan on making a wood floor to reinforce it. I will have to take some pictures of me in it with some early 90's plastic pampers on.