Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers For The Families Of The Victims Of The Theatre Shooting

Default Prayers For The Families Of The Victims Of The Theatre Shooting

Apparently a couple of @#$ holes blew up two tear gas grenades in a sold out theater at the midnight showing of the premier of the new Batman movie. They are saying right now that 10-12 are dead and 30-40 injured including a little baby shot near point blank!! How the [email protected]#& does someone do something like that!? On top of all that, they booby trapped their two cars in the parking lot! Police apparently have one man in custody and are still looking for at least one more. Please pray for the families involved!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is too close to where those two boys shot up Columbine High School in Littleton, CO a few years ago! Both Littleton and Aurora are suburbs of Denver.

- - - Updated - - -

Now they are saying the apparently there was only one shooter and he is in custody, thank God. However the death toll is now up to 14!

A three month old baby was shot. What idiot beings their three month old infant to a theater at midnight to see a Batman movie? So many things could have been prevented in history if people weren't pants on head retarded, I swear.

However, it's extremely upsetting. I was sleep when it happened, and all I can think about is how it must ave been like inside. I've seen the pictures and the videos and the situation is increasingly impossible to grasp.

They evacuated his apartment because he stated he has booby traps in the building. I wonder if that's simply a scare by him or not.

Columbine was like ten to twelve years ago.

CrinklySiren

ANOTHER crazy massacre?

What is WRONG with people? Its like they're SO bored with their lives that they just have to go out and wreak havoc... Though I do agree that no 3 month old baby should be in a movie theater where its loud as fuck.

Speaking of booby traps, i once saw a show (forgot the name) where the arrested this old man who hated his family for no reason at all, and he booby trapped his house with like 35 compartments that had spring loaded shotguns upon opening the compartments.. one of the officers actually got shot when investigating. They found his body in the basement because the idiot forgot one of his own traps and got himself shot.

But Im digressing. Anyway, yeah people are losing their minds...

Just because threads on news stories should have a link to the story: Gunman kills 12 in Colorado movie theater - CNN.com. Pretty horrific stuff. Here's hoping no more die as a result.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of this horrible tragedy.

Apparently, one of the victims was a witness to another shooting that occurred in Toronto this June. It's terrifying that a person had to be subjected to this kind of event twice. My thoughts go to everyone who are affected by this tragedy.

First off I hope all the victims still alive are able to make full recoveries.

I find the event of shooting itself shocking. But in all honesty there's not a "better" place for a person to go on a rampage then a 12:01 am showing of the last gritty batman movie. There's no motive that I've heard of yet but I would not be surprised I the least if hes inspired by The Joker or Bane or a Anti-Batman sort of skewed mental philosophy.

I know for myself when watching The Dark Knight I found myself lost between batmans heroics and sense of justice but also The Jokers complete state of anarchy and chaos. Clearly I haven't and will most likely *never* act upon either of these feelings. I'm not going to go out and seek to serve justice batman style since I might just die the first try. I'm not going to go around and plant bombs in a hospital to try and prove that everyone more or less sucks.

However that doesn't mean no one else would try. After all we got that Jones "super hero" guy in Seattle or Portland.

Of course if this guy was truly inspired by The Dark Knight and/or The Dark Knight Rises. Its NO one's fault but his own, period.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBear View Post
    Apparently, one of the victims was a witness to another shooting that occurred in Toronto this June. It's terrifying that a person had to be subjected to this kind of event twice. My thoughts go to everyone who are affected by this tragedy.
    I so agree with you. I'm not getting into speculating, but it's a loss to all the victims and families which is what matters most.
    Last edited by JoanneChan; 21-Jul-2012 at 16:34. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

At great risk of sounding pretentious, WHY can't I ever be around and armed up when one of these "active shooter" incidents goes down? With all due respect to the great heroism of many of the first responders and civilians in and around the cinema, what this freak needed is for someone to rain a hellstorm of hate and discontent right back at him as soon as he opened up. He needed stopping, at all costs, and immediately. Maybe we Americans should watch less violence in the media, and work on BEING more violent when the time is right, and for the right reasons. AND END "GUN-FREE ZONES!" OK, off my soapbox. Prayers for all those affected, God I can't imagine the pain.