Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranquility's New Diaper

Default Tranquility's New Diaper

So I was speaking with a Tranquility representative and she turned me on to a new product of theirs. It is called Tranqulility Smart Core. It is a brief with a cloth-like backsheet. I asked if they were moving toward cloth backsheets, and she said that the "All through the Night" briefs will never be cloth-like. The new smart core diapers are supposed to be the alternative. They lie just between the slim-line and the ATN's in terms of absorbancy. I am to recieve a sample soon. The rep said they are not yet on the website, but you can call them to place an order. I'm not crazy about cloth-like back sheets (unless they are the Molicare Special Soft Extras) but I am always willing to accept free samples of any diaper. Basically, I just wanted to let you guys know about the new product if you hadn't already.

johnpeter

please post pics if you can

Quote Originally Posted by ShootsAndLeaves View Post
    I asked if they were moving toward cloth backsheets, and she said that the "All through the Night" briefs will never be cloth-like.
    Thank God one manufacturer in this world has a brain!

Boy if Tranquility made a ATN in a size between Med and Large they'd be #1 in my book. I dont mind a cloth like back if they work, it is good to be able to re-adjust the fit with the velcro tabs if they stick well and don't fall off the back sheet. Abena blew it with air-plus! I mean what engeneer was dumb enough to use sticky tape on cloth. Keep it giong Tranqulity you will have no peer soon.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    Wow, hey some people actually prefer the cloth-backed diapers.. I know I do. Not EVERYTHING has to be plastic-backed.

Scratch that...

Just read on this on their web-site on the ATN page:

"*NEW! Softer, Cloth-like Fabric Backing"

Looks like Tranquility is just a dumb as the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Wow, hey some people actually prefer the cloth-backed diapers.. I know I do. Not EVERYTHING has to be plastic-backed.
    All disposable diapers are plastic backed. The "cloth" ones just have a stupid cloth layer over the plastic. All that trouble just makes tapes not stick well, terrible fit, and more pin-hole leaks...

One step forward in terms of noise, and at least three backward in terms of functionality.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.

All disposable diapers are plastic backed. The "cloth" ones just have a stupid cloth layer over the plastic. All that trouble just makes tapes not stick well, terrible fit, and more pin-hole leaks...

One step forward in terms of noise, and at least three backward in terms of functionality.

As you said, all "cloth like" disposables have a layer of cloth layer over them.

So what makes them have more pinhole leaks if the plastic is covered with cloth? That's like using underwear over plastic backed diapers. What makes the cloth backed diaper more susceptible with leaks over a plastic backed one? Your logic makes no sense.

Scratch that...

Gotta read the fine print dude. That is only for the x-small. Almost all of their briefs are cloth cover in x-small.

I just ordered the Soft-Core Sample. Lets hope its a good cloth backed diaper

Miku

Scratch that...

Well, I'm not asking you. That's your opinion on them. Not everybody elses. Like I said.. Not EVERYTHING has to be plastic-backed..