Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you be open about your AB/DL if you were financially secure?

Default Would you be open about your AB/DL if you were financially secure?

I want you guys to really think about this one. For most of us (including myself), the reason we have to be so careful is because of our professional lives, and the implications of what could happen if the wrong persons found out about the "freakier" sides of us.

I suppose since now I have opened this can of worms, I must define what I mean by "financially secure:" so I will go with the generally-accepted definition - a person who has achieved (or inherited) sufficient funding so that they have no need to work again, ever, for the rest of their life. Such a person is completely independent of anyone else for their means of financial income.

I mean no offense to anyone here who already IS financially secure; there are plenty of other reasons to stay "in the closet.." religious, family, moral, etc. These are all personal choices.

My question here is this: which of you, if money were no longer an object, would no longer hide your AB/DL'ness? Count me in!

Miku

Money never has been an object to me. I've always been fantastic with finances. A person named Dave Ramsey helped out a ton.

Regardless, I don't understand why there's any reason to be more open about whether I'm "financially secure" or not. :T

I just don't see what money has to do with this whole thing.

Even if I were financially secure, I don't think I'd ever be publicly open about being an AB/DL. It's such a private thing, you know? And even if you are open about it to your friends, the online community, and even your family...it's not like you go out dressed in full AB gear and such. It's just...strange. And anyway, I kind of like that I keep it a secret from most people. It's like my own special little thing. Like Miku, I don't understand what being financially secure has anything to do with the level of openness somebody is about their lifestyle and/or fetish.

Although, if I were financially secure, I would totally make myself an AB nursery with all necessities and such XD

The way I see it, I wouldn't have to. Without money, everyone I care about already knows everything there is to know about me. Some I can enjoy myself around and others I don't mention it but I'm loved all the same. With money, I would create my own newborn style nursery (like a bassinet instead of a crib), I'd enjoy my baby side a bit more with the free time and probably go as far as wearing a diaper under my normal clothes. I guess you could do all of which I said without money, but to be honest, I'm pretty simple and easy to please.

i'm not sure i understand why being "financially secure" would make me more inclined to tell people. i'm discreet about my diaper fetish as a courtesy to the people around me who probably don't want to know every detail of what i do in private. being ABDL is a big part of who i am, but i would never want it to be a part of my public persona. i'd rather be defined in terms of what i contribute to society than what i do to please myself when i'm alone. i'd feel the same way if i was independently wealthy.

are you suggesting that the only reason people keep their fetishes a secret is because they're worried employers would be reluctant to hire ABDLs?

Well even if i'm financially secure i think i'm not gonna be open about my ABDL side. After all it's not about the money i suppose is about how people will see you. I mean even if you are very rich people is still gonna talk about the dark side of yours and i don't think i can stand if people talking about my ABDL side behind me. After all Money can buy happiness right?

Wait i think that is not exactly right with tons of money you can built your dream Nursery

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Money never has been an object to me. I've always been fantastic with finances. A person named Dave Ramsey helped out a ton.

Regardless, I don't understand why there's any reason to be more open about whether I'm "financially secure" or not. :T

I just don't see what money has to do with this whole thing.
    Not meaning to speak for OP, but I think the gist of it is because if people need to work, coworkers and employers finding out about ABDL might be a problem in more ways than one. If you have enough money so that you never again need to rely on others, including jobs, would you be open about your AB/DL side?

To answer the question, I might be more comfortable with it, but nobody would really need to know about it besides myself and my wife. My children and extended family, for instance, shouldn't know about what turns me on.

Like others, money wouldn't make a difference. I have kids and little grand kids, and I wouldn't want them to know what I do in my own house. It's simply my business.

No I would never be open about it if I was by your definition of financially secured. The way I see it is that nobody have to know what I'm and that's the way I intend to keep it.