Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feel like your taking away diapers for thoes in need?

Default Feel like your taking away diapers for thoes in need?

I get this feeling that when im getting baby diapers[mostly] or bed wetting diapers that I am somehow taking away diapers for those that actually need them because I dont need them.

Just was wondering...Do you too get a feeling like that sometimes?

I do not. There is no shortage of diapers, so if I'm willing to pay a fair price for diapers, then I see no reason to feel guilty. I'm not getting them from a charity or government aid program, nor am I taking them out of the supply room of a nursing home or hospital.

Besides that, I use cloth most of the time, so I'm not even taking new diapers out of the supply that often.

No. I don't think it's likely that a store will run out of diapers very often before they get new stock, and it's like...you're paying for them...like GoldDragonAurkam said, there isn't a diaper shortage. They make 'em faster than they're used XD

No, I pay for my supplies. And that makes me feel good since I'm buying my things honestly.

That's like being afraid that you're taking food away from someone else every time you get something at the grocery store!

Actually MegaChar, I think it would be the other way around, supply and demand. Not even that though, diapers fall under the “consumable” category and it’s a need. Other than adult babies and diaper lovers, I can’t think of anyone who would ever “choose” to buy diapers if they didn’t need them. While disposables aren’t doing us any favors in the land fields, trust me when I say, we’re not running out any time soon lol.

The only reason people donate diapers to those in need, is because they don't have enough to pay for them. Not because the store shelves are empty. So tape as many as you want on, and feel no guilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    That's like being afraid that you're taking food away from someone else every time you get something at the grocery store!
    Or like taking candy from a baby?

Anyways,im not afrade to wear diapers but buying them is a different story,its not like I get afrade that people might think of me as weard for buying diapers but its the opposite...I get afrade that im taking tho diapers for someone because of me being a DL but I still buy the pack ect because I know and understand that the earge will get powerful.

I guess this fear might come from the fact that I care alot for people...

No if anything I am helping those who need them. I buy the L/XL goodnites helping the demand for them. If not enough people buy them stores will stop selling them then older bedwetters will have a harder time finding them.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    I do not. There is no shortage of diapers, so if I'm willing to pay a fair price for diapers, then I see no reason to feel guilty. I'm not getting them from a charity or government aid program, nor am I taking them out of the supply room of a nursing home or hospital.

Besides that, I use cloth most of the time, so I'm not even taking new diapers out of the supply that often.
    Pretty much, except that I don't use cloth. If there were a shortage of diapers, then it would be the problem of the company, not the consumers, and given that diapers are necessary for quite a few groups of people, it would be very surprising to see a shortage of such a product. Not only that, but I buy mine online, either from medical supply companies like XP medical, or from those who specially manufacture products for us, like bambinos, so no, I never have, and never will feel like I'm taking it from other people, when I pay for my diapers just like everyone else.