Thread: Hi from Joanne

Default Hi from Joanne

My name may be familiar to some on the internet as I belong to two other sites and publish a littles blog that is linked to a few others.
    I'm without any apology an adult little girl spending most of my spare time in 'little girl' mode because it simply is who I am, period, up to and including being dressed.I also have an emergent catgirl fursona although I don't as yet have a costume.
    I came here cos I thought I could add something to this community which shares a good many of my own values, not being an so-called adult site that I feel less than comfortable viewing, never mind interacting on. I also think it's a wonderful idea for there to be a teens only section although I'm too old to use it now, as it sure would of been handy back then.
    I enjoy reading children's literature, colouring, art, most forms of music including Classical and anime.
    Last edited by JoanneChan; 17-Jul-2012 at 16:25.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneChan View Post
    My name may be familiar to some on the internet as I belong to two other sites and publish a littles blog that is linked to a few others.
    I'm without any apology an adult little girl spending most of my spare time in 'little girl' mode because it simply is who I am, period, up to and including being dressed.I also have an emergent catgirl fursona although I don't as yet have a costume.
    I came here cos I though I could add something to this community which shares a good many of my own values, not being an so-called adult site that I feel less than comfortable viewing, never mind interacting on. I also think it's a wonderful idea for there to be a teens only section although I'm too old to use it now, as it sure would of been handy back then.
    I enjoy reading children's literature, colouring, art, most forms of music including Classical and anime.
    Cool, I'm happy that you feel comfortable here...I always enjoy meeting new friends .
    I hope that you enjoy your time here at ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneChan View Post
    I came here cos I thought I could add something to this community which shares a good many of my own values, not being an so-called adult site that I feel less than comfortable viewing, never mind interacting on. I also think it's a wonderful idea for there to be a teens only section although I'm too old to use it now, as it sure would of been handy back then.
    Welcome to the site

Don't worry too much about posting in the teen baby board it's about issues that affect mainly teens not only teens contribute, if you can help them please do

What are your favourite kids books? and anime?

Oh and I'm a music fan too if you had to choose, Beethoven, Mozart or Tchaikovsky?

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    Welcome to the site

Don't worry too much about posting in the teen baby board it's about issues that affect mainly teens not only teens contribute, if you can help them please do

What are your favourite kids books? and anime?

Oh and I'm a music fan too if you had to choose, Beethoven, Mozart or Tchaikovsky?
    Music: I love Sibelius symphonies as well as tone peoms and have a lot and I mean a lot of Mozart and English string music by Delius, Vaughan Williams and elgar.

I like many of Jaqueline Wilsons stories such as Dustbin Baby as well as such classics a Malory Towers and the secret 7 series.

I like a lot of Mozart, but Beethoven's symphonies are like rock music

Jaqueline Wilson is pretty cool I think the last one I read was Cliffhanger but that was years ago, have you come across the wind on fire trilogy or Firelight?

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    I like a lot of Mozart, but Beethoven's symphonies are like rock music

Jaqueline Wilson is pretty cool I think the last one I read was Cliffhanger but that was years ago, have you come across the wind on fire trilogy or Firelight?
    I haven't got Cliffhanger, Wind on fire or Firelight but bought the hardbacks of "Lily Alone and "The worst thing about My Sister" as soon as they came out. When I've settled up my internet bills (I changed provider very recently), I'll get those books, thank you.
    Beethoven symphonies can be played more like hard rock with some conductors who go for a 'quick win' wowing the audience but others such as Cluytens set really get more of the subtleties out (having been thru a few sets, his is 'the one' for me). While chatting with a few friends last night I caught the BBC Prom with Sibelius 7th which was fun to listen to (have the Simon Rattle set from the 80's on cd).
    Last edited by JoanneChan; 18-Jul-2012 at 11:15.

When I get home I'll find the amazon links for those books
    I know what you mean about Beethoven but I believe that the music was written to offend the ears, as much as delight, his chord progressions and use of instruments is very atypical and sometimes counter to what you'd expect or is nice

I am going to have to listen to more of the proms this year though :-)

EDIT damn mobile sending unfinished post ^_^... Fail

EDIT2: as promised: Firelight - The Wind on Fire trilogy - Cliffhanger
    Last edited by DylanK; 18-Jul-2012 at 16:48.