Thread: Songs that have AB/DL Double Entendres

Default Songs that have AB/DL Double Entendres

I was listening to my iPod at work and George Strait's, "Baby Your Baby" came on and of course the AB/DL double entendre in that song is obvious, but I got to wondering about other songs whose lyrics contain words or phrases that could have a double entendre (double meaning) for AB/DLs? Then, I thought... that's the perfect question for ADISC to answer! So what do you think? Can you think of any songs with AB/DL double entendres?

Oh and just in case you haven't heard the song, here are the lyrics for the chorus of "Baby your baby".

"Better baby your baby
    With a love that's strong
    Hold her and tell her
    You'll never do wrong
    Better baby your baby
    'Cause if you don't
    One day your baby'll be gone"

For some reason, I know the song itself doesn’t have a double entendre, but The Ronette’s “Be my little baby” came to mind lol.

I'm not seeing the AB/DL relation here. I see the word "baby," which basically, in this sense, means to care for and love. I fail to see the relation.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I'm not seeing the AB/DL relation here. I see the word "baby," which basically, in this sense, means to care for and love. I fail to see the relation.
    I'm assuming you don't understand what a double entendre is, because if you did, this one's obvious. I'll spell this one out to help you understand.

A Double Entendre just means a double meaning... but is used most of the time to mean something that has a second sexual meaning. I just used it as the second meaning being something AB/DL related.

So, for the lyric "Better baby your baby 'Cause if you don't, One day your baby'll be gone"

Meaning 1: The word baby, in the verb case, could mean just what you said, to care for and love. So the song just means to care for and love your significant other or they might leave you. This is of course is the meaning the writer of the song intended you to have.

Meaning 2: As an AB/DL, when we hear the word 'baby' as verb, we think of it literally: to take care of as you would a baby... aka diaper, cuddle, coo too, etc. So this lyric to us would mean to actually treat your significant other like a baby or they might leave you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    For some reason, I know the song itself doesn’t have a double entendre, but The Ronette’s “Be my little baby” came to mind lol.
    But the title is a perfect AB/DL double entendre!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    I'm assuming you don't understand what a double entendre is, because if you did, this one's obvious. I'll spell this one out to help you understand.

A Double Entendre just means a double meaning... but is used most of the time to mean something that has a second sexual meaning. I just used it as the second meaning being something AB/DL related.

So, for the lyric "Better baby your baby 'Cause if you don't, One day your baby'll be gone"

Meaning 1: The word baby, in the verb case, could mean just what you said, to care for and love. So the song just means to care for and love your significant other or they might leave you. This is of course is the meaning the writer of the song intended you to have.

Meaning 2: As an AB/DL, when we hear the word 'baby' as verb, we think of it literally: to take care of as you would a baby... aka diaper, cuddle, coo too, etc. So this lyric to us would mean to actually treat your significant other like a baby or they might leave you.
    But I do, and I'm telling you, I don't see it.

Bob Dylan I'll be your baby tonight.

"Close your eyes, close the door
    You don’t have to worry anymore
    I’ll be your baby tonight

Shut the light, shut the shade
    You don’t have to be afraid

Well, that mockingbird’s gonna sail away
    We’re gonna forget it
    That big, fat moon is gonna shine like a spoon
    But we’re gonna let it
    You won’t regret it

Kick your shoes off, do not fear
    Bring that bottle over here
    I’ll be your baby tonight"

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    Bob Dylan I'll be your baby tonight.

"Close your eyes, close the door
    You don’t have to worry anymore

Shut the light, shut the shade
    You don’t have to be afraid

Well, that mockingbird’s gonna sail away
    We’re gonna forget it
    That big, fat moon is gonna shine like a spoon
    But we’re gonna let it
    You won’t regret it

Kick your shoes off, do not fear
    Bring that bottle over here
    I’ll be your baby tonight"
    I was gonna say the same song only by Robert Palmer I forgot Bob Dylan's version.

Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up (the chorus):

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
    Just stay this little
    Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
    It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
    Won't let no one break your heart
    No, no one will desert you
    Just try to never grow up, never grow up

Call me a sinner, call me a saint
    Tell me its over, I'll still love you the same
    Call me your favorite
    Call me the worst
    Tell me its over I don't want you to hurt
    Its all that I can say
    So I'll be on my way

Shinedown - Call me (i recommend it, because it's quite beautiful and sad at once)