Thread: Some what new to this

Default Some what new to this

Greetings
    An introduction is customary, so... I am transgender and identify as gender fluid, how I feel varies day to day but more female than male. I have been exploring the child I was, as a girl and love frilly girly dresses.
    I am also a researcher and ASD autism spectrum, aspergers and I expect I will be asking lots of questions (it's an aspie thing)
    I know that more than 10% of the transgender community is ASD and I am wondering about this portion of the community.

Hi there. Welcome to Adisc. I can't speak to the ASD, Asperger's thing for myself. I would probably qualify as ADD or ADHD, but probably don't fall anywhere on the Autism spectrum. But i do know there are a lot here that do. In fact there are a few Social groups on this site designated to discussion of those topics, so that would be a good place to start.

Health & Disabilities - ADISC.org

But even besides that, I am sure you will find lots of things in common around here. We have a whole forum designated to Sissy's and LGs, (and it still has the new forum smell).

Anyway, Welcome to the site and I hope that you enjoy yourself around here.

Welcome to our fairly odd little community. There seems to be a rather high number of people in the ABDL community that fall outside the usual gender binary, and of course we also have a lot of manly males that happen to be sissies, and we also have quite a few people that fit somewhere on the autism spectrum so you ought to find some people you will find interesting on the site.

Would you have any interesting hobbies outside of your research work?

I hope you'll enjoy your stay with us

Hi Welcome to ADISC. So could you tell more about yourself. Like what is your hobbies or interest don't be shy. And last is i hope you enjoy the site and find new friend

Thank you much for the warm welcome. I am oft times reluctant to say much about my interests and experiences. I know that I come across as a know it all but one of the expressions of aspergers in me is that I am obsessed with as one of my professors said "you have to know every thing about something before you will say something". She hit the nail on the head and the outcome is that on certain subjects, I do.
    If you want to know about bicycle gearing (most have more than half of the gear combinations as duplicates, ours do not) or canoe hull design, or teardrop trailer design (we just completed a month long trip out to California in ours) I pretty much know it all.
    My first degree was in anthropology and my second degree obtained after retirement was in social work. My honors program was in the physiology of abuse using those in the BDSM community as sources, research had not been done in this area as far as I could find.
    I have done original research in telling, children and wives/SO's
    I am the owner of one of the very few websites for transgender kids their parents and school counselors. I identify as gender fluid, more female than male all of the time and the LG is a recent change/shift in identification.
    I am in the process of restoring a 72 Saab Sonett.

Hi there, and welcome.

Very interesting about the higher incidence of ASD among transgender folk. I'm trans (FTM) and I'm also a bit Aspie, though not severely enough to warrant bothering with an official diagnosis.

I attended WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health last year and a large number of presentations concerned ASD issues. One of the more interesting aspects is that while more research is necessary concerning our community when questioned (I did) a very conservative number expressed by an Italian researcher indicated that those in the ASD spectrum are more than 10% and one researcher from Holland who is working with F to M indicated that she felt her client were closer to 40%. For those not familiar the normal distribution in a population is 1%.
    I am one of those who feel that some of the most gifted individuals in our society have a diagnosable condition i.e Bill Gates.

Hi SallS and welcome.
    I've encountered a number people both in real life and online who have Aspbergers so don't worry I've seen it before (but different). I can understand it when say you're getting so into something you don't see the "Whoa, pal" sign. Although posting a link here to it would breach the rules as the place concerned is 18+, I did hear a podcast on Aspberger's and age play which was very interesting for someone who doesn't have that.
    Btw I have dyslexia ko!

Quote Originally Posted by SallS View Post
    Thank you much for the warm welcome. I am oft times reluctant to say much about my interests and experiences. I know that I come across as a know it all but one of the expressions of aspergers in me is that I am obsessed with as one of my professors said "you have to know every thing about something before you will say something". She hit the nail on the head and the outcome is that on certain subjects, I do.
    If you want to know about bicycle gearing (most have more than half of the gear combinations as duplicates, ours do not) or canoe hull design, or teardrop trailer design (we just completed a month long trip out to California in ours) I pretty much know it all.
    My first degree was in anthropology and my second degree obtained after retirement was in social work. My honors program was in the physiology of abuse using those in the BDSM community as sources, research had not been done in this area as far as I could find.
    I have done original research in telling, children and wives/SO's
    I am the owner of one of the very few websites for transgender kids their parents and school counselors. I identify as gender fluid, more female than male all of the time and the LG is a recent change/shift in identification.
    I am in the process of restoring a 72 Saab Sonett.
    Nice a Saab Sonett III well good luck for restoring it. So you like cars? if so what is your dream car? for me it's VW Karmann Ghia type 1