Thread: Help on how ta explain ta my parents that im inta crossdressing?

iloveuroutfit

Default Help on how ta explain ta my parents that im inta crossdressing?

I went ta the mall and bought 2 pairs a girl's shirts last week and my parents yelled at me for getting a girl's shirt. Saying "You DO know this is a girl's shirt, right?! It's specifically cut for girls! You're NOT SUPPOSED to wear girl's clothes!!!! DONT EVER get girl's clothes again!" :"{ Any advice?

To be honest, and this is just me, I'd continue doing so, but hiding it the best I can from my parents.

If you really want to convince them to accept you, it's going to be a lot more difficult from what it sounds like.

Judging by the caps i'm assuming these things where said with a bit of anger? I would just start by sitting them down and be honest with them and upfront. I'm about to do the same with my family, probably in August. I wish you the very best of luck.

SkarTiger

Quote Originally Posted by iloveuroutfit View Post
    I went ta the mall and bought 2 pairs a girl's shirts last week and my parents yelled at me for getting a girl's shirt. Saying "You DO know this is a girl's shirt, right?! It's specifically cut for girls! You're NOT SUPPOSED to wear girl's clothes!!!! DONT EVER get girl's clothes again!" :"{ Any advice?
    A couple of weeks ago, I went to Billa Bong and bought a few shirts in the sale. I got home and my mum took out one shirt and she said something along the lines that your mum said but she wasn't too harsh on me. Although, she got me to parade the house in it because she at least wanted to check it fitted me :3. I didn't even realise it was a girl's shirt, I just picked it up and bought it. No one looked at me. I thought everything was fine.

Even though I'm a bit of a sissy. I'm personally not into cross-dressing. I just like looking pretty. But in your case, you are. Obviously you're mum doesn't like you cross dressing. My advice would be to refrain from doing it until you move out. You're 18 and you're old enough to make your own decisions in life. Once you move out, you'll be able to do it to your heart's content.
    Skar

iloveuroutfit

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf View Post
    To be honest, and this is just me, I'd continue doing so, but hiding it the best I can from my parents.

If you really want to convince them to accept you, it's going to be a lot more difficult from what it sounds like.
    Yeah they're really tough...it was hard as heck ta get them ta accept me being bisexual. Thank you for the help C:

Lol, don't. Is there really any need to? There is so much stuff that I haven't explained to my parents and I am all the better because of it.

I have decided not to tell my close-minded parents anything about my personal life, if I were you I would keep doing it and try not to get caught.

Lightbulb

You know your parent far better than we do (hopefully). My feeling is that it is on a need to know basis and it is a matter of when or if you tell. With luck you will be out of the house before too long and at this point 18, they can ask you to leave the house legally. A great deal depends on how judge-mental they might be.

You might be able to divert them by getting into cross play.

If you do decide to tell them don't do it in the car, with them driving
    and take it from the starting point of of "I have something I want to share with you" i.e. positive. If you wish I can direct you to resources?

GoodnitesTeen

I doubt your parents are going to accept you after that.

Sorry.