Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Why the U.S should not invade Iran

  1. #1

    Default Why the U.S should not invade Iran

    Alright, so, with the impending American presidential election, and international media being absolutely flooded by news and coverage about the political climate in America, it’s not hard to notice that the the relations between the U.S and Iran are getting colder by the minute. Even President Obama, who disturbingly enough is considered as the more peaceful candidate has declared that “all options are on the table” – and therefore opened up for complete nuclear war.

    Of course, starting a war isn’t a simple feat, it requires recourses on a great scale, both financial and in man-power. It demands that the majority of the people accepts the war, short of supporting it, as a necessary evil. As a result, American media has started to portray Iran as a genuine military threat, just like they did with Iraw, before the Americans' illegal invasion.

    There are obvious reasons as to why war should be avoided at all costs, such as the financial and humanitarian consequences that follows an armed intervention on a nation scale. There are also some good reasons for why we should question the image that the biased media is portraying – and so, I’m going to give you three very objective and easy to understand reasons as to why an American invasion of Iran would be nothing but despicable.

    1. According to what we know, Iran is not developing nuclear weapons.

    The number one reason that’s used today to justify an American invasion is that Iran is supposedly developing a nuclear arsenal of their own. This is a very intimidating thought, of course (I don’t think there’s a single sane person on this earth that believes that any country should be in possesion of such weaponry), but according to America’s own research; that’s far from the truth. On the contrary actually, the U.S National Intelligence Estimate from 2007, a yearly estimate of threats to the national security, declared that: "with high confidence that in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program”. As far as I’m concerned, no further comment has been made on the case. This should disarm the warmongers’ possibly strongest argument.

    2. Iran has never threatened to destroy Israel

    One of the most common reasons to justify a preemptive strike on Iran is that the Irani president Ahmadinejad supposedly said that they wish to “wipe Isreael of the map”. This is often stated by the warmongers of America, despite the fact that it’s not correct at all, something that even the Deputy Prime Minister og Israel, Dan Meridor, has admitted (source: https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/04/18-2 ). Of course, it is very obvious that Iran doesn’t harbor any love for Israel, and would rather see the nation returned to the people of Palestine, something that they’re not alone with. However, this is not reason enough to warrant a war that would probably claim the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions – as some warmongers apparently believe.

    3. To threaten or attack Iran is an international crime

    It seems as if very few are aware of this, as the leaders of our modern superpowers very arrogantly, and blatantly, chooses to ignore the law. According to the second article of the United Nations statutes it’s both illegal and an international violation to attack, or even threaten another sovereign state with the use of violence. For us that know our history, it’s fairly common knowledge that this isn’t something new, but still it is a law that is repeatedly violated by the United States of America, the most recent and self-explanatory example being the illegal and criminal invasion of Iraq. It seems as if this laws means nothing at all to the leaders of the U.S, as they, without any shame, breaks the international laws by stating that they’ll attack Iran, unless they get their will though. But for us who respect the international laws of the U.N, this is an obvious argument against a military intervention.

    Combine all of this with the fact that Iran is not a military threat (source: http://www.armed-services.senate.gov...2004-14-10.pdf ), and it should be clear to anyone that a military attack by the U.S would be nothing but pure insanity.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    That's irrelevant. My arguments are why they shouldn't invade, or use violence. A symbolic war is a different story, albeit it's still utterly despicable.

  4. #4

    Default

    I just hope we don't do anything that dumb- we can't afford another war and I for one am sick of war. I miss the days before 9/11 and when we were at peace. War- what is it good for?- ABSOLOUTELY NOTHIN! GOOD GOD YA ALL! Sorry- the line is from a song but I couldn't resist it. I'm tired of seeing friends go off to war and for nothing. No reason for these stupid wars.

    War- really, what is it good for?

    WildThing121675

  5. #5

    Default

    Evidence points to Iran enriching uranium to weapons grade plutonium. These things can be measured in a number of ways. Iran has employed nuclear physicists as well as making alliances with N. Korea, a country which has detonated nuclear weapons. There is every reason to believe they are developing not only nuclear grade weapons but also a missile system far reaching enough to carry the pay load. They've tested these missiles for all the world to see. So has N. Korea.

    You can't believe that Iran is a sane and responsible player in the world theater? Their people are enslaved to the laws of Islam. Many of the younger citizens want to be free of this tyranny but can't. Would you like to be a woman living in Iran?

    As far as I've seen in the news, Iran has stated blatantly that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Would you like to wait until a nuclear missle is launched toward Stockholm before your country took action? This is how Israel feels.

    Lastly, the U. S. has made no attempt or threat to invade Iran. If that was the case, they would have done it when they had a military presence in Iraq, a neighbor to Iran. The other border is Afghanistan, so we could have invaded from both directions, but we didn't. It's not very likely we would invade them now unless Iran was a greater threat. Please don't feel that I'm attacking your argument or worse you, because I'm not. It's just that as an involved U. S. citizen, I know that the U. S. has no plans at this time to invade Iran. We can't even afford to flush the White House toilet with the national deficit as it is.

    Now if Mitt Romney is elected president, well yeah, he wants to invade Iran. In fact, all of his campaign speeches have been about invading Sweden. Apparently he hates Ikia furniture. Who can blame him. (just kidding)

  6. #6
    AbsolutelyFabulous

    Default

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QNIU6_yczvo/TUWcTvkRo1I/AAAAAAAAB7I/6tUWsk8xjdE/s1600/Sam-Antiwar-sm.jpg
    I believe war is always pointless and maybe if the US would stop interfering with and policing the world and return to the isolationist policies, the world (mainly the middle east) wouldn't hate us so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sam-Antiwar-sm.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	13378  

  7. #7

    Default

    Bomb em! Bomb em all! This is 'murika. >:3

  8. #8

    Default

    Nuclear devices are going to be more and more easily made as technology develops and becomes more accesable. What can't be our solution is to go overthrow entire governments and install a military force in every country that enriches uranium. Iran also has the right to develop nuclear power facilities. It's not our job or our right to stop them. It's illegal under international law, it's not even legal by our OWN laws. Development of nuclear technology for power is NOT the equivalent to imminent attack on US soil, and is NOT a valid reason to declare war.


    If a foreign country invaded the United States and prevented us from developing technology for power, or even for weapons, you can bet that the citizens would rise up overnight and hell-fire would reign down on said country as our Texan populace self armed with assault weapons and fifty caliber anti tank rifles organized and stormed the invading force. But it would never need to come to that because our official military is powerful enough to withstand those kinds of invasions.

    If Mexico, for example, tried doing to us what we are doing to these countries in the middle east right now, there would BE NO MORE MEXICO. In it's place would be several massive craters and a nuclear wasteland.


    The only difference is we're strong enough as a country to prevent others from imposing their will on us.




    As for Israel, It doesn't even matter whether or not Iran has made a threat against Israel. If you know ANYTHING about Israel you'll know they would be more than capable of protecting themselves if we would only get the hell out of their way. We're afraid of Iran getting 1 nuclear device in the form of a dirty bomb? (Has to be carried and not an actual nuclear explosion.) Israel has over 300 nuclear warheads. They're fine. They definitely do NOT need our, "Help."





    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyFabulous View Post
    I believe war is always pointless and maybe if the US would stop interfering with and policing the world and return to the isolationist policies, the world (mainly the middle east) wouldn't hate us so much!
    Calling the United States, "Isolationist," because it doesn't try to keep up 6 wars and overthrow elected governments is like calling your neighbor a hermit because he doesn't come over to your house to break your windows.

    You're referring to non-interventionism, which still allows for trade, communication and travel with other countries.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Evidence points to Iran enriching uranium to weapons grade plutonium. These things can be measured in a number of ways. Iran has employed nuclear physicists as well as making alliances with N. Korea, a country which has detonated nuclear weapons. There is every reason to believe they are developing not only nuclear grade weapons but also a missile system far reaching enough to carry the pay load. They've tested these missiles for all the world to see. So has N. Korea.

    You can't believe that Iran is a sane and responsible player in the world theater? Their people are enslaved to the laws of Islam. Many of the younger citizens want to be free of this tyranny but can't. Would you like to be a woman living in Iran?

    As far as I've seen in the news, Iran has stated blatantly that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Would you like to wait until a nuclear missle is launched toward Stockholm before your country took action? This is how Israel feels.
    First, can you please provide the quote where Ahmadinejad says he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth?

    Second, why exactly is it the job of the US to police who can and can't possess nuclear arms? It is ok for the US, Russia, China, France, the UK, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Turkey and Germany to possess or have access to nuclear arms, but it Iran is not allowed to possess even basic reactor technology? As for developing missiles, the same argument applies. Everyone else can have it, except for who we say can't.

    People love to complain about countries like Syria and Iran or North Korea having chemical, biological and nuclear programs. But no one even bats an eye when Israel does the same.

    And to be quite frank, the US currently has bigger fish to fry. You are $15 trillion in debt, your own government can't pass and budget and your government seems hell bent on putting you further into the hole. Maybe once your cities stop going bankrupt or having to resort to paying their employees bare minimum wage, you can go back to playing policeman.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Crassi View Post
    1. According to what we know, Iran is not developing nuclear weapons.
    As I recall earlier, a virus, designed by US and Israeli intellegence agencies was responsible for destroying the centrifuges that Iran uses to refine Uranium. This happened recently. If Iran halted their nuclear program in 2003, why are they still refining uranium.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crassi View Post
    2. Iran has never threatened to destroy Israel
    Israel is a target to Iran and they really hate Israel. And the authorities in Iran do continue to make racist and anti-Semitic remarks. Those alone are troubling. How soon could Iranian leaders act on those remarks. Actions are important as well. The Iranians were caught smuggling in rockets to belligerents who launched them (badly) into Israel. Those the actions of a country that is actively trying to destroy Israel.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crassi View Post
    3. To threaten or attack Iran is an international crime.
    The United States is a sovereign country. The power to make war or make treaties resides with the government of the United States, per our Constitution. We did not cede that authority to the United Nations.

    That being said, I am not advocating war against Iran at this time. We are quite busy now. Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama has gotten us into war with Libya and started unrest in Syria and Egypt with his Arab Spring. We are also still involved in Iraq and Afghanistan despite the fact that he promised to end our role there.

    However, Iran has no concept of decency in its treatment of women and minorities nor in its dealings with other nations. In order to insure peace in the area, we should ally with other countries in the region, lie the UAE, and pledge to keep the Straits of Hormuz open to shipping. We can do that without dropping bombs on Iran or putting troops on the ground there.

Similar Threads

  1. Paradox Interactive, Hearts of Iron 3 (suddenly, lets invade Yunnan!)
    By MysteriousVisitor in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2010, 06:00
  2. North Korea and Iran
    By TheFoxxehAssassin in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 19-Jul-2010, 22:30
  3. Classic game characters invade New York
    By Takashi in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-Apr-2010, 15:40
  4. President Obama On Iran
    By Zekk in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-Jul-2009, 06:01
  5. Iran Revolution?
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-Jun-2009, 02:15

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.