Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petroleum jelly

Default Petroleum jelly

Have any one try this petroleum jelly that you can see on some AB videos? How is it?

I imagine it works much the same as powder. I neither know, nor want to know, how they use it in the videos but patroleum jelly is used to soothe irritated skin and prevent rash.

I thinking about if i can bought this on some good website.

I not familiar with this. Does it profess to have properties beyond Vaseline or other skin-soothing creams available on drugstore shelves?

petroleum jelly or Vaseline although not necessarily the same thing can both be used as a skin protectant during diaper changes similar to a barrier cream. if you are going to use it for rash prevention or healing I would recommend using A&D ointment as its both a petroleum jelly and a zink oxide ointment. if you do want to use petroleum jelly you should be able to find it at your local corner store or chemist/ pharmacy

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    petroleum jelly or Vaseline although not necessarily the same thing can both be used as a skin protectant during diaper changes similar to a barrier cream. if you are going to use it for rash prevention or healing I would recommend using A&D ointment as its both a petroleum jelly and a zink oxide ointment. if you do want to use petroleum jelly you should be able to find it at your local corner store or chemist/ pharmacy
    How about amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    How about amazon?
    that works but its likely more expensive unless you bulk order. Anyways buying it isn't considered odd, it has a wide range of uses.

You're local supermarket should carry it, and it's pretty cheap. Honestly name brand stuff like Desitin is pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    How about amazon?
    amazon as well as ebay will carry it and if you have free shipping from amazon and iteligiblele item it can be cheaper than buying it localy. it does have a lot of uses including using as a barrier cream and you can even get it with scents likbaby powderer and other stuff though if you do get scented only use it for diapering and not for anything first aid related. if you are looking for something to deal with diaper rash I would definitely recommendnd something like desitin or some other product with the zink oxide in it.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypuppy View Post
    I not familiar with this. Does it profess to have properties beyond Vaseline or other skin-soothing creams available on drugstore shelves?
    Vaseline is just a brand name for a brand of petroleum jelly. I find it better than powder for preventing rashes, but it's greasy and not as comfortable.