Thread: pull-up clean up easier?

Question pull-up clean up easier?

Does anyone else find that the clean up from a messy pull-up style nappy is easier than from normal tape one?

i just find since the pull-up is thinner and smaller the clean up is easier

anyway your thoughts would be apreciated

I dunno... wet is wet and poopy is poopy... child/youth pullups are supposed to be OK for pooping but if you're bigger the blowout potential seems high. I can't see how a wet pullup would be easier to clean up after than a tape-on.

diapers in general are usually better designed to handle any kind of a messy accident then most pull ups. if you have someone that is changing you I would definitely recommend diapers over pull ups as the diaper can be used to help clean anything that sticks to the skin and can be used to contain the mess and wipes after a change by taping the dirty diaper into a ball before throwing it away, with pull ups there is a chance that the mess could come loose and fall out of the pull up.

If I have this kind of accident, I prefer having tabs to open the diaper and close it for disposal.

Removing a messy pullups is tricky. If you pull it down, you risk contaminating your legs and feets. If you rip the sides, it's unweildy and sometime hard to rip cleanly.

Adult pullups are just not ment for this kind of incontinence.

Quote Originally Posted by PPpants View Post
    I dunno... wet is wet and poopy is poopy... child/youth pullups are supposed to be OK for pooping but if you're bigger the blowout potential seems high. I can't see how a wet pullup would be easier to clean up after than a tape-on.
    I've gotta say that "blowout potential" sounds like something which would be discussed on an oil drilling industry forum It's a good euphemism in this instance tho!!