Thread: how do you tell if you are a furry

skyfoxpup

Default how do you tell if you are a furry

I had always had an intrest in wolfs and thought being one would be cool. dose that make me a furry. some one please help me
    Last edited by skyfoxpup; 15-Jul-2012 at 20:51. Reason: worded it wrong

See this already existing thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/babyfur-d...-im-furry.html

Also to wit:

1) Furry is a fandom, not something one is born with. If you like it, and identify as one, then you are one.

Ex: "I really like Star Trek and have watched all the episodes! I'M A TREKKIE!"

2) There is no litmus test.

3) The fandom is based around animals, mainly anthropomorphic characterizations. There isn't much else that defines it from other fandoms other than that central interest.

Examples: "Dude check out my fursuit (costume) it totally rocks! I'm a Red Panda! Naw mine's better I'm a half dog/wolf like Balto!
    "Check out my anthro art on my Furaffinity page!"

"if you think you might be a furry, then you probably are"

there are TONS of threads on this particular subject, and an article or two. the search box is your friend.

I can't really add much that hasn't already been said but that particular thread is actually still on the first page.

Also, search box! Yay!

Cygnus

If you want to be a furry, you're a furry. Yay!

Look up YouTube videos of conventions, listen to podcasts, browse FurAffinity, see if you like the culture. If you do, great! Welcome to the club! If you don't, great! Have fun with something else! It's your choice, buddy. All up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    2) There is no litmus test.
    Really? They don't make a blue paper which goes pink in the presence of furries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    I can't really add much that hasn't already been said but that particular thread is actually still on the first page.:
    Until I saw this post I thought I was still in that thread.......

SkarTiger

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Really? They don't make a blue paper which goes pink in the presence of furries.
    If only they made something like that! That would make finding RL furiends a whole lot easier!