Thread: ABDL's/TBDL's Code of Ethics

Default ABDL's/TBDL's Code of Ethics

There seems to be a wide range of topics on this site about morality, sexuality, relationships, and parents/guardianships. I was wondering if anyone has ever come up or compiled a list of ethical standards one should have as an ABDL or TBDL, with regards to their practice of their fetish/indulgences, their community, and their lives? I have compiled a few, mostly for kicks, and see if anybody has any reccomendations or suggestions. To clarify, I have no intention on being anbody's rulemaker. This is just a compilation of what I think people in our AB/TB/DL community at large, not just this site, would probably generally agree on and wanted some comments/modifications/etc from others. Please avoid the temptation to flamethrow (lol) and please respect the opinions of others:

1. We shall practice our indulgences only in manners that ensure the safety and wellbeing of ourselves and others.

2. We shall practice our indulgences with, or in the presense of others, only if there is clear consent of all participants, and that all participants are clearly and legally capable of consent.

3. We shall practice our indulgences in such a way as to ensure that it does not interfere with our responsibilities to, or relationships with all of the following people in our lives:
    - Our spouses or long term partners, if applicable,
    - Our parents or guardians, especially if we still live at home or are under their legal guardianship,
    - Our families,
    - Our friends, both within and outside the ABDL/TBDL community

4. We shall practice our indulgences in such a way as to ensure that we do not interfere with our responsibilities to our schoos, our employers, our civic and social duties, and our communities.

5. We shall refrain from interfering with, undermining, or in any ways detracting the duties of any parents or legal guardians of any minors, to protect, nuture, and promote their values within the lives of their minors, regardless of whether or not the minors are members of the ABDL/TBDL community.

Well, all of that, to me, reads like ordinary common sense.

Kind of like when certain religious people say to atheist, but you donīt believe in God, how can you have morals?

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    Well, all of that, to me, reads like ordinary common sense.
    True, but sadly, common sense is a thing that seems to be sorely lacking these days.

Going to agree with the statement of this being just plain common sense. Still a good idea to write it down I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    2. We shall practice our indulgences with, or in the presence of others, only if there is clear consent of all participants, and that all participants are clearly and legally capable of consent.
    While common sense should prevail here, following this rule to-the-letter would be impossible.

Let me set the stage:
    You're indulging at home, no problem, when you realize you're out of milk. You don't feel like changing out of (and/or wasting) a completely good diaper, but you need to go out to get milk. By this rule, you have two options. You can change out of it, possibly ruining a diaper, which most people would think isn't worth it.The other option would be to tell everyone that you come into contact that you are wearing a diaper by choice, and asking if they are okay with it. Even if you don't use it, just by wearing you are indulging "in the presence of others".

So I don't agree with this as it's written. If you're writing rules, try to think of cases that would violate the rule that shouldn't. If you can find something, the rule isn't written properly.

LittleDrummerGirl

*Schools

This sounds good to me!

I live my life it just one principle, you can do everything, since this don't harm anybody, and all the people involve agree

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    While common sense should prevail here, following this rule to-the-letter would be impossible.

Let me set the stage:
    You're indulging at home, no problem, when you realize you're out of milk. You don't feel like changing out of (and/or wasting) a completely good diaper, but you need to go out to get milk. By this rule, you have two options. You can change out of it, possibly ruining a diaper, which most people would think isn't worth it.The other option would be to tell everyone that you come into contact that you are wearing a diaper by choice, and asking if they are okay with it. Even if you don't use it, just by wearing you are indulging "in the presence of others".

So I don't agree with this as it's written. If you're writing rules, try to think of cases that would violate the rule that shouldn't. If you can find something, the rule isn't written properly.
    Thanks, Zephy.

I should say, "... in the visible presense of others ..." like go to the store padded with reasonable discretion that an IC would have, but don't wear baby outfits in public in such that everyone and their young children can see.

One of the toughest medicines is number 5. I too am absolutely outraged by how many parents freak out and dump out their kids' TB clothing and diapers, even if the kids paid for them out of their own pockets, and then berate, punish, or forbid them from doing something like that again, even if it's done alone in their own bedroom. However, I try to stay clear of telling kids it's okay to rebel and do things behind their backs, and "don't get caught again." I don't know if I remember reading posts which explicitly tell a kid to disobey or rebel against their parents, but I see all kinds of "parents don't care" type statements by not only other kids, but adult members of our community as well, or statements which seem to outright condemn a kid's parents. 99% of the time the parent has the best intentions, even when they do misguided things like the above, and we should not interfere with their care of their children. If there is clear eveidence of abuse, or a clear reason to suspect abuse, then we need to contact the staff of this site and trust them to take appropriate action. If a kid gets the impression from us that it is okay to rebel because we don't think there is anything wrong with ABDL/TBDL, what principle do we establish if the kid listens to an adult who believes it's okay to do drugs, or that it's okay to sleep around with as many people as they want?