Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Diapers Make You Itch?

Question Do Diapers Make You Itch?

After wearing nearly constantly for two days now, I'm noticing an itchiness develop caused by the absorbant material being in contact with a certain man part. *Pram trying his best not to come off sounding gross or creepy* I can easily cure it by getting an OTC itch relief cream, but I was curious if that's a fairly common occurance, especially when you first start wearing on a regular basis. Thought perhaps it takes the skin tissue awhile to get used to the new sensation of diaper fibers. If so, I'd imagine it's more common with guys? Or, maybe smaller diapers are just plain too snug for long term use by adults?

~Pramrider

Are you using them? Maybe it's diaper rash...Or maybe it's just a rash from them rubbing, like chafing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Are you using them? Maybe it's diaper rash...Or maybe it's just a rash from them rubbing, like chafing?
    I'm pretty sure it's not a rash - no redness, etc. I remove it within a couple minutes of voiding my bladder and practice good hygiene afterwards. The itch isn't that bad, but just starting to be noticable. I'm thinking it's because I'm not used to all that material being bunched up and so snug in the crotch area. Oh, Pojo, just wanted to tell you the "underwear OVER the diaper" idea you suggested worked - no more noise under my PJs! Thanks for the tip!

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not a rash - no redness, etc. I remove it within a couple minutes of voiding my bladder and practice good hygiene afterwards. The itch isn't that bad, but just starting to be noticable. I'm thinking it's because I'm not used to all that material being bunched up and so snug in the crotch area. Oh, Pojo, just wanted to tell you the "underwear OVER the diaper" idea you suggested worked - no more noise under my PJs! Thanks for the tip!

~Pramrider
    Well your skin isn't used to it, so it's possible it could still be a sort of diaper rash, or just the diaper material (hopefully you aren't allergic)...You're welcome for the tip =3, if you are still hearing some, trying wearing 2 pairs of underwear to muffle it more

I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion, but maybe try Gold Bond Medicated Powder? My friend uses that instead of baby powder, and he seems to like it, although I don't think he is having the same issues. Maybe try it, or just try airing out for an hour or two until you get more used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGrizzy View Post
    I'm sure this is a stupid suggestion, but maybe try Gold Bond Medicated Powder? My friend uses that instead of baby powder, and he seems to like it, although I don't think he is having the same issues. Maybe try it, or just try airing out for an hour or two until you get more used to it.
    Not stupid at all! You might have something about needing to take a break between wearing sessions. With only a week available I'm trying to cram as much wearing as possible in 5 or 6 days. As Pojo also mentioned, my skin isn't used to it yet. I think I'm gonna sleep without one on tonight because I'm sitting here itching while I'm typing. I'll pick up something for the itch tomorrow in case I need it.

~Pramrider

First off, I hope your enjoying your diaper time! Like everyone else said, id just air it out, and put on some baby powder or something, maybe that'll help. Well, best of luck, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Connor92 View Post
    First off, I hope your enjoying your diaper time! Like everyone else said, id just air it out, and put on some baby powder or something, maybe that'll help. Well, best of luck, and have fun!
    Thanks Connor92! It's been great so far. Not going to let a little itching spoil it for me. When I wore the Goodnites last year I didn't wear them constantly and didn't develop an itch. I was curious whether any other diaper users noticed that same problem when they first got heavy into diaper wearing.

~Pramrider

Pram do you have a latex allergy?

The absorbent stuff contains Latex.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Pram do you have a latex allergy?

The absorbent stuff contains Latex.
    I didn't know that, Drew. But, no, I've never been bothered by anything made out of latex. I just had a flu shot last week and that was one question the nurse asked me because she was handling my arm with latex gloves on.

~Pramrider