Thread: Now THIS is very interesting...

Default Now THIS is very interesting...

Baby animals... so, I'll just get straight to the point: I'm new, I don't know much, and I'm curious, what is this, why do you enjoy it, and what does it mean to you? Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCat View Post
    Baby animals... so, I'll just get straight to the point: I'm new, I don't know much, and I'm curious, what is this, why do you enjoy it, and what does it mean to you? Thank you for your time!
    I'm not sure if I understand specifically what you are asking.

Near's guide to furry may help out a little bit here and you can see it --here--

Basically, as for me I love the cuteness of them, and I partially see myself *as* my personal character or fursona (Hard to describe this point, since I don't see myself as therian or otherkin, or even remotely associated to my fursona's species.)

I think most people will say the same thing (or something in a similar sense).

Also, where you say baby animals, what you more-so should be saying is baby anthropomorphic characters (Like bugs bunny, etc.)

I think for a lot of us it's not so much that there are babyfurs but rather we are both AB/DL and furry. So why not mix them both together.

Animals, much like babies are innocent, cute, and overly adorable. When you mix them both together you get what is possibly the most heart attack inducing cuteness ever (At least, in some of our eyes)

Most babyfurs I know *squee* all over cute babyfur characters.

tl;dr: I think the article I linked will really help you out here!

Fursonas tend to be avatars of their owners, that is, they tend to represent the interests of the underlying person. On an ABDL site full of diaper lovers and ageplayers, this means a lot of young, cute, diapered fursonas.

I was already a Fur, but as I came more interested in other stuff, babyfur caught my interest and.. well; yeah!
    I decided to make a younger fursona to run along with my *B Side.

Hmm, alright. I think I'm getting a good understanding of this. Thank you all for your help!

I'm a babyfur, and this is en example of what they look like. they're basically tb/dl furries, that reflect that in their fursona's (like a persona, but well.. furry).

Userpage of mazzafox -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

So, when you create a fursona, it's based upon a sort of connection between the two. Does this mean that you feel that you are/were this animal at some time, or simply wish to be?

SkarTiger

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCat View Post
    So, when you create a fursona, it's based upon a sort of connection between the two. Does this mean that you feel that you are/were this animal at some time, or simply wish to be?
    Honestly, it's a matter of self-knowing. I knew I wanted to be Tiger long before I found the furry fandom. That's usually the case with most furries whether you want to be a Wolf, Tiger, Fox, Dog, Lion, Dragon, Bear, Dinosaur, ther list is endless. There are hybrids.

After you have a good substantial idea, you can get a name if you want to. Most furries pick abstract names but it's whatever works for YOU
    Skar

FaratheKitten

Umm... I don't really know how to answer that question...

I'm not a babyfur (I'm not entirely sure I'm a DF either, but... *shrugs*), but I'll answer this anyway.

For a very long time humans in general looked ugly and frightening to me. As I grew older, that changed to the point that I don't consider most adult humans ugly.

Babies are still ugly to me, however. They're hairless and bald and... just. Like a cartoon character with their proportions. I can't see them as cute. Kittens and other small animals I can understand because even when they're at the stage that their limbs are too big, they're covered in fur. I'd rather hug a ball of fluff than a ball of skin.