Thread: A question for the Ladies

Default A question for the Ladies

okay, so I know that a lot of guys saw this title and clicked on it right away, so you can give your input too, but I really want some input from the ladies.

If a girl tells you (via txt msg) that you're "sweet and charming," can that mean she likes you or that she's just being nice and is a good friend?

Let me backup for some info on this. Almost 5 years ago, I met this girl the first day of my freshman year at high school. I was blown away. Now, I'm a nerdy guy, and I knew I was really awkward, so I kinda kept my distance to prevent ruining future chances.

I did get to talk to her at social events and sporting events at school throughout the years and the more I get to know her, the more I can't stop thinking about her.

In the last week of my senior year, I decided I would tell her, so I wrote her a heart-felt note (like 2 pages long) and wrote and recorded the worst song in the world for her and gave it to her. She said it was the sweetest thing anyone ever told her, but she didn't feel the same. Granted, she didn't know me too well. I thought the game was over there.

But then, after that, during summer last year, we hung out more. She invited me to her canbin with some other friends, and we had a lot of fun. It wasn't awkward at all.

She went to a college 8 hours from mine. we both were in separate relationships for 2 months, but failed. I still really like her, and I just had an awesome weekend at her cottage. She txted me later saying that her parents LOVE me and when I asked what she thought, she said I was sweet and charming. She's really nice to everyone, so idk if she's just being nice or if she likes me.

Idk if anyone read all that, but what do you guys think. Does she like me? I'm probably going to talk to her as soon as I can in person. I think this stuff shouldn't stay in txts.

To be honest it could be either!

When I describe Charlie to others I usually use the words sweet and charming, but when a guy puts me in an uncomfortable situation, such as 'do you like me?' I tend to go 'well, I do think you're very sweet'.

I think by bringing it up again you could very well be risking her friendship. It's incredibly awkward to be in a friendship where a guy has more invested than yourself - especially if they keep bringing it up! It sounds like you two are really good friends, why ruin that? Wait for her to make the first move!

Uuuuummm.... I don't know. In that situation I would think that she doesn't like you that way. Or at least she's not trying to hint that she is anyway. Normally when you say someone is "sweet and charming" it's kind of like the flattery line to make someone feel good. In this situation to me it's saying "This guy did all this stuff for me before but I rejected him. I really appreciate his company now but still don't really feel it."

I don't really know. That's just what I get from it. To me it sounds like the high-pitched "sweet and charming", not the err... other one.

We live pretty far apart though Australia is probably a lot less subtle when it comes to the romance department Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    Uuuuummm.... I don't know. In that situation I would think that she doesn't like you that way. Or at least she's not trying to hint that she is anyway. Normally when you say someone is "sweet and charming" it's kind of like the flattery line to make someone feel good. In this situation to me it's saying "This guy did all this stuff for me before but I rejected him. I really appreciate his company now but still don't really feel it."

I don't really know. That's just what I get from it. To me it sounds like the high-pitched "sweet and charming", not the err... other one.

We live pretty far apart though Australia is probably a lot less subtle when it comes to the romance department Ha ha.
    I was thinking this was probably it. Thanks for your input =)

I'm not a girly, but if I'm honest I'd say that if something was going to happen by now, it would have happened. As Talula said, if you bring it up and she doesn't see it that way, things will never be the same again (trust me, it won't be, been there and done that). So....you need to weigh up how much her friendship means against the risk of loosing it in a heartbeat. Sorry I can't be more positive

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    I'm not a girly, but if I'm honest I'd say that if something was going to happen by now, it would have happened. As Talula said, if you bring it up and she doesn't see it that way, things will never be the same again (trust me, it won't be, been there and done that). So....you need to weigh up how much her friendship means against the risk of loosing it in a heartbeat. Sorry I can't be more positive
    I'm not asking you to be "positive", I'm looking for true opinions. =) thank you. you're probably right. This is why I posted on here.

This girl means the world to me. I care about her more than anything. I want her to be happy and find the perfect guy for her, even if that guy isn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm not asking you to be "positive", I'm looking for true opinions. =) thank you. you're probably right. This is why I posted on here.

This girl means the world to me. I care about her more than anything. I want her to be happy and find the perfect guy for her, even if that guy isn't me.
    I think that's a very mature viewpoint to take Hope everything pans out for you!