Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itís my impression, or there is more abdl people in USA and Europe?

Default Itís my impression, or there is more abdl people in USA and Europe?

Well, I just wondering that is there more ABDL people in USA, and country like England, Germany (Germany have many) that in the rest of world? Even here in this forum, most people, by what I could see are from USA, itís rare I see somebody from China, Tailand, Russia, and other country from Asia, for example, or country from South America.

Why you think that there is difference? Maybe there is not so much information in this country, and people donít know that exist this term ďAbdlĒ? Why you think that is this difference?

PS: Sorry for my any grammar mistake LOL

There is definitely a difference.

I can only speak for the country I lived in based on the *BDL I met and/or talked to online.
    Basically, in Europe, I found out the french community is quite big and there is mostly men in it (website/forum : tbspirit) and the separation between TB and AB is really clear. No member under 18 is allowed on ABK, that's why the tbdl have their own board (tbspirit)
    I know there is a fair amount in Great Britain because of the nurseries and abdl shop (cosy n dry, etc.) based on England, but those members usually are seen on english board such as Adisc.org.
    But, I've never seen any spanish/portuguese/russian/dutch-speaking community :/ (maybe they exist but I don't know those languages)

Talking about Asia, I speak a bit of Japanese (real japanese, not mangapanese...) so when I was in Japan, I tried to find some *bdl out there to talk to and/or meet. But, usually there, the *bdl is often a derivated form of Urolagnia or is used as a punishment (for bondage or for a humiliating purpose).
    But, there is some infantilism aficionados out there in asia. When you can see a lot of them is on blogs (fc2 blogs). There is some artists, some classic *BDL, with one of them, I found out a small *bdl store in Akihabara.

I know there was a singapore forum: sgdiaperforum but I don't know if it's still active :/

fun fact : while I'm posting this, I'm talking to an asian AB (from Jamaica) on skype ^^
    So, yeah, they exist, they are just very-well hidden :p

but, I don't know for South America or Africa...

Smile

I don't know... but the nations you listed as seeming to contain fewer "visible" AB/DLs are the ones where (in my opinion) residents would be least likely to speak English.

English is one of the most widely spoken language in the world, so English websites are most likely to be visited by a broad range of nationalities... but of course, the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and other English-speaking nationalities are likely to be over-represented (because people living there are almost certain to speak English), which is why AB/DL-ism might appear more predominant in such places.

With languages like Dutch and Russian, speakers are far more likely to be native speakers. (How many Dutch speakers learn English? And how many English speakers learn Dutch?) So websites in those languages are likely to be "hidden" (or unknown) to non-native speakers.

I wouldn't know the translation for "adult baby" or "diaper lover" was in Dutch... so I'd never search for it and be made aware of AB/DLs writing in Dutch. And when it comes to the Middle-East, Asia and Russia... I wouldn't even be able to pronounce something written in Cyrillic or Arabic or Hebrew or Chinese script! Actually my Dutch pronunciation isn't too great either... I'm convinced that the taxi driver who picked me up from Centraal Station was simply humouring me when he asked if I was Dutch...

English speaking people in an English forum? I may have completely missed what you were asking, but this is what I could think of... ^_^

I know there is a fairly active Dutch AB site, from what I've heard. I used to be fairly active in the French TB community back when I was still a teenager, but since the site I was originally on went under I've had very limited contact with the French community. IIRC the biggest ABDL site in the world in a French site, so the US/Canada/the UK/Germany/Australia certainly doesn't have a monopoly on the ABDL community.

As someone above mentioned, the reason you mostly see people from those countries is because its where people are the likeliest to speak English (as for Germany, its one the the biggest country in Europe and it has a relatively high percentage of English speakers). Its pretty hard to have an idea of how big the Russian scene is if you don't actually speak Russian.

I already found a Chinese forum, about diapers.
    Last edited by drwho; 12-Jul-2012 at 04:49.

Europe has twice as many people than in the US (so more people who could be ABDL), tends to be more open and progressive regarding sexual topics (so less stigma about visiting a site like ADISC), and I believe though could be wrong that it has a higher per capity percent connectivity to broadband internet (so more people have the requisite technology to visit a site like ADISC).

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Europe has twice as many people than in the US (so more people who could be ABDL), tends to be more open and progressive regarding sexual topics (so less stigma about visiting a site like ADISC), and I believe though could be wrong that it has a higher per capity percent connectivity to broadband internet (so more people have the requisite technology to visit a site like ADISC).
    I don't agree with your statements but let's admit they are true.

In Europe, 44% admit they don't speak more language than their own. And only 38% of the europeans says that they can talk english fluently enough to speak with a native speaker.
    Even if there's a lot of ABDL out there, and if you apply thos statistics to the abdl community assuming there is no difference. Only 38% of the europeans ABDL would be able to go on Adisc to read and post in threads.
    If you remove the ones who don't go on internet, the ones who don't like forums, the ones who don't see the point of talking about this topic with english speakers when a abdl website already exist in their own language, etc... There is not a lot of abdl left to represent the visible part of the abdl community that may exist in their country.

I'd love to see a russian/chinese/etc. come into this thread and talk about their community =)

This is a very interesting thread. I live in south africa and i have only come in contact with one other dl from here. I guess its because we're much smaller when compared to america, and like people have mentioned, english is dominant by you but we have a plethora of languages. Also if i may suggest this, i may be wrong, the countries you haveentioned or some of them are largely a big interactive society with a highly publicised media. People will know more about ab/dl, even if its a miniscule amount. Well thats my two cents. Have a good day