Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Failed diaper scouting

KJanon

Unhappy Failed diaper scouting

Hey,

I went into my local town today, I wanted to see if I could find anywhere that sold adult diapers. It's a small town, though for some reason there are 4 pharmacies and a supermarket within about 100m or so of each other.
    (that's a co-op, boots, lloyds, and an independent pharmacy, in case you were wondering)

Anywho, I looked through all of them, and alas, nothing more than tena pants in any of them. I also had an awkward conversation the the pharmacist at the independent pharmacy, trying to explain why I was staring at the shelf with the tena products on shortly before leaving, not pleasant, but I had built myself up for more awkward scenario.

As a side note, this was made more infuriating by the fact that when holidaying in france with my family, there were multiple packs of tena slips or molicare super plus' in every supermarket or pharmacy window I went to.

~~~~~

Rant over, I suppose what I want to ask is, does anybody in the UK have any ideas where I can go from here. If I can't get any adult diapers, I'll probably give up and get some pampers, but I'd really like to get some adult diapers this summer.

Thanks,
    Ke

I have no idea how close an ASDA is to you but your best bet for TENA slips would be a large ASDA, even if you can't get to one go for the TENA pants over pampers because they will fit better and hold more and even though pampers are actual diapers they won't necessarily fulfil your requirements well.

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    I have no idea how close an ASDA is to you but your best bet for TENA slips would be a large ASDA, even if you can't get to one go for the TENA pants over pampers because they will fit better and hold more and even though pampers are actual diapers they won't necessarily fulfil your requirements well.
    Yes asda do sell them I have seen that before.

However, for some strange reason in all my local Asda's they have them on practically the highest shelf in the story which you have to be really tall to reach. Everytime somebody wants a pack it seems they have to go through the embarrassment of having a worker get a ladder xD

Supersam1223

You could ask at one of the pharmacies if they could order some in for you to collect.

KJanon

Quote Originally Posted by Supersam1223 View Post
    You could ask at one of the pharmacies if they could order some in for you to collect.
    ever tried it? It seems a bit more scary than just grabbing them off the shelf. :s

I figure the best thing to do would be to go to the asda on the bus route to my college. The year is over, but I've had letters complaining about a library book, so I'll try that.

Thanks for the tips, keep 'em coming if you have additionals
    Last edited by KJanon; 07-Jul-2012 at 10:50. Reason: add quote

have you tried ordering them online?
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-Jul-2012 at 06:04. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

KJanon

Quote Originally Posted by Superemt View Post
    have you tried ordering them online?
    Living with family (2 brothers ATM). So no. It would naturally be my first port of call if I lived in my own place though.

I'll just run through the plan, to give me some peace of mind about it, give me a heads up if I need to rethink any aspects.

• I'm overdue a loan on a textbook at college, term is over, but I'll take it back, on the premise that I'll lose my deposit if I don't send it back. (I've had letter requesting it back)
    • I'm taking and old backpack of my brothers, it's a bit teared, though it'll hold. I'll use the supermarket plastic bag so nothing pokes out the tears.

1. Head to college and give back the textbook
    2. head back (via bus) and get off at the ASDA on route
    3. it's a 5 minute walk to the ASDA. Go in, get said product, and head back to the bus stop with it in my backpack
    4. The bus home should quiet if I go mid day, I often get the top deck to myself if it's double deckered. Play it cool if it isn't
    5. Head home, place them in hiding place in attic
    6. if my older brother is still in, hide in room until tea, sneak them up when he heads down

Again, that was mostly for self-reassurance, though please give and feedback, as always

Sounds like a good plan to me I usually sneak mine in using my backpack, and my parents have never searched it or questioned me as I was walking in (since it's simply a non-suspicious backpack, which is why I use it XD haha)

KJanon

I'll be able to go when nobodies in my house, so confrontation won't be an issue. Though I may have to go whilst my older brother is in, he's on the top floor, where my hiding place is. That will just mean it will stay in my bag close by until I can sneak them up at dinner

If you can't buy them in store.... Get online and buy them, but don't have them shipped to your house. Have them shipped to a fed ex or UPS location and held for pickup. I know Fedex doesn't charge for these services and they can call you when it arrives.