Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're havin a heat wave! Hope people are staying cool....

Default We're havin a heat wave! Hope people are staying cool....

Hoping that everyone is like me, trying to stay cool in this monstrous heat wave that has struck the US. I myself am staying put this weekend after I was supposed to go downtown for the festival and fireworks. After seeing what we're supposed to get tomorrow- high of 98- forget it.

I am going to just stay cool, maybe do some video gaming and later, pick up some beer and cool off. I hope everyone stays safe in this heat, drinks lots of water and stays cool.

WildThing121675

well, the good thing about wearing diapers is that you can't have too much water!

i'm actually not minding the heat much, as it's more of a dry heat where i'm living, and if it gets too hot, then i can take advantage of the currently low gas prices and go for a drive

Yeah, our heat pump/AC unit was 13 years old, so we figured better go ahead and replace it now with a newer, higher efficiency unit before it decides to die on us during a hot week this Summer which old heat pumps can have a nasty habit of doing. We had a 15 SEER Trane unit installed on Thursday and could tell the difference right away. Plus, the old unit was getting pretty loud when it cut on, but the new one is very quiet by comparison, even the new air handler in the basement can hardly be heard running. That should keep us cool for several more Summers as long as storms don't kill our power.

~Pramrider

I normally can deal well with the heat, and I actually used to go cycling in 100 F temps. What's getting me this time is that the place I'm working for the summer has no air conditioning (the building's undergoing a massive renovation). To add insult to injury, the building was built in the '60s, so we cannot open the windows, and even worse still is that, because of the renovation, we don't have water in the building.

By the end of the day today, it was hotter inside the building than outside (and it was 101 degrees outside). I had absolutely no appetite, and my clothes were soaked with sweat. It actually made not having working air in the '78 Continental bearable today.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Hoping that everyone is like me, trying to stay cool in this monstrous heat wave that has struck the US. I myself am staying put this weekend after I was supposed to go downtown for the festival and fireworks. After seeing what we're supposed to get tomorrow- high of 98- forget it.

I am going to just stay cool, maybe do some video gaming and later, pick up some beer and cool off. I hope everyone stays safe in this heat, drinks lots of water and stays cool.

WildThing121675
    only 98 lucky it was 110 3 months straight last summer

We have been getting heat waves here and I just found out on the weather bug that it's going to be up to 103'F!! So I know I am going to have to set the A/C to 75'F for this one day and back up to 80'F.

Heatwave? We've got the big summer washout here... not that that's anything new (6th wet summer in a row) but this one is outdoing most for downpours, storms and floods. Hope it improves for the Olympics, or the rest of the world will get to see the typical British weather!

Having moved from the UK to the US, this is a massive shock for me. I mean, I love the fact it doesn't rain all the time, but these temperatures. Hurrah for airconditioning. I've swapped the "standard umbrella in my backpack in the UK" for "standard suncream and hat in my backpack". I do hope people are keeping cool, and hopefully the power has been fixed in most places. I can't imagine having to be without AC right now.

Wow Makes me wonder if it will mover were I live for this heat wave.
    In Southern Calif. for like the last couple of months we barely went over 70f.
    Tho I do live near the coast, but I have been seeing the high temps for most everyone else.

Hope you all are doing ok.

No Heatwave here although we have had some hot weather but usually a backdoor cold front comes through (A cold front that moves west to east instead of east to west) from Canada and cools us off. It's been about 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit with low humidity