Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sissies and gender

Default Sissies and gender

Lately I've been pondering the link between being a sissy and one's gender. Does being a sissy necessarily mean that you're transgendered?

In my case, I know I'm absolutely a sissy. I enjoy wearing dresses and other girl clothes when I get into a baby mood, and like to pretend I'm a little girl when I play. I'm also drawn to girly books and movies when I play.

And yet, I would not say I'm transgendered. I like being a man, and have no desire to switch sex, or even to live as the opposite sex. When I'm not regressed, I embrace my male identity. I like to pretend to be a girl, but would never want it to be permanent.

Does this make any sense? Is it possible to be a sissy and enjoy pretending to be a girl, but not actually want to switch genders? If so, what on Earth does that make me? I know it's a bit silly to want a label, but honestly, I'm just curious about what this actually makes me.

Others are welcome to chime in with their interesting gender scenarios.

And yet, I would not say I'm transgendered. I like being a man, and have no desire to switch sex, or even to live as the opposite sex.
    I'd say you answered your own question. I get enjoyment out of pretending to be a girl too, but that's only on purpose and choice. Same deal with being a baby, if i could go back and do it all over again, no i wouldn't do it. If you were transgendered you would tell yourself, "i really think i should have been a girl". But in this case, you are right in knowing yourself and know man is your true identity

I'm a T-girl first and foremost, but i do like sissy treatment as sometimes it can be super cute beyond the level little girls are normally.

Being a sissy doesnt necessarily mean you're transgendered though, you could just be one of many guys who love wearing female clothing and occasionally extending to being treated as female. that would put you somewhere in the transvestive side of things. you said you like pretending, but prefer your birth sex/ gender, so I'd say you're just mixing transvestism with your regression interests.

Here recently i've been wondering this myself, i've been a sissy for the longest time and enjoyed pretending i'm a little girl when i play, but i'm finding more and more that i'm leaning towards being girly all the time, i'm buying more cloths and rotating them into my wardrobe, not like dresses or skirts but more girly shirts, sandals and short shorts and the thought of being a girl all the time is becoming more appealing every day. I'm not a very good boy, the only thing i enjoy about being a boy is i have a penis, and show my enjoyment several times a day hehe, but all the rest about being a boy just makes me sad, so recreating myself as a girl sounds good to me. The main thing holding me back is i have no one to hold my hand and help me in the process, because I know it won't be easy.

Ummm....
    i got to tell you. the process is not one that anyone can hold your hand through.... it never was. it's hard for a reason....

- - - Updated - - -

there is a PFLAG in Lexington Ky.
    and i am sure that if you were to get yourself known at their meetings you could find other transgender people from there to hang with. i do understand that you live in a rather backwards area where it comes to these sorts of issues. i have traveled in that area with Karen a bit.....

Transgender is a vague umbrella terms that can include sissies... The word you're looking for is transsexual...

I agree with leffy-kit, it sounds like a variant of male-to-female tranvestism, mixed with regression. Interestingly, though, some people who start out identifying as nothing more than crossdressers/transvestites eventually realize that they want to be that gender full time, so they end up transitioning later in life. (Perhaps LittleRobKY will turn out to be one, for example?) These folk are sometimes categorized as "late-onset transsexuals" or "secondary transsexuals", although the latter term might be problematic because it might be seen to imply a hierarchy of superiority/inferiority. (And actually, to be really PC, one shouldn't use "transsexual" as a noun, but only as an adjective a la "transsexual woman" or "transsexual individual". But that would make that sentence feel awkward, so I hope others will forgive me.)

There's an incredible diversity to each person's experience of gender and their expression of it. It's all very complicated.

LittleDrummerGirl

As others have said, the *proper* term is transsexual.

There's no definite link, but there are many sissies that are transsexuals *coughmyselfcough* and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Does this make any sense? Is it possible to be a sissy and enjoy pretending to be a girl, but not actually want to switch genders? If so, what on Earth does that make me? I know it's a bit silly to want a label, but honestly, I'm just curious about what this actually makes me.
    I think what you are is probably a sissy. I think a lot of the time people regard being a sissy as something like a sexual orientation (like being gay/straight) or a gender identity (male/female) but I've started to think it makes much more sense as a subculture identity like being a Goth (except our frilly dresses are pink and thiers are black obvsly ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    Transgender is a vague umbrella terms that can include sissies... The word you're looking for is transsexual...
    hells bells!
    thanks for the Ummm......... update there, friend.
    (guess me and all my post-op tranny sister's been calling each-other by the wrong bloody name for the last three decades......)
    (probably got that secret hand-shake thing wrong too..... )