Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Depressed

Default Very Depressed

I am Very Depressed, now, I feel like my whole life is falling apart and wasting away.

. I Dropped out of High school missing 6 credits and I am too Stupid too go Back.
    . I am only 22 and I have had atleast 12 jobs.
    . I am poor, I still live with my parents but have absolute horrible money management skills, I dont think i can do this forever.
    . My Girlfriend just broke up with me.
    . I like Diapers.

I am halfway to the point I just dont want to live anymore (and you all are the very absolute first to know this side of me) I feel like i am just no good and wasting my life away. I mean I know i am never going to be rich and famous. I just dont know what else to say.

Now what I dont want to hear is Its going to be alright or, everything fine if you need to talk I am here for you. I dont know what I need, I dont know what to talk about this pretty much sums it all up right here.

Cygnus

The only thing I can say is make a purpose for your life. Don't focus on becoming rich, famous or popular. Go out into the world and do what makes you happy because it makes you happy. I read in your profile that you like fire station photography, go out and photograph some fire stations. Don't get hung up on whether the pictures are good or not or if anyone will see them, just go out and take the best damn pictures you can simply because that's what you like to do. You aren't how much money you have in the bank, you aren't how much education you've received, you aren't your job, you aren't your fetish. These are not things that define you. You are what defines you. You are who you are as a person, now go out and be who you are and do what you love.

Godspeed, sir. I hope I helped somewhat.

If you think you might have clinical depression, I'd advise you to seek professional help.

Aside from that, maybe you need to re-evaluate your goals. Being rich and famous isn't really a very fulfilling ambition. Ultimately, you are the person who decides what makes your life valuable. If you decide to judge your own worth based on your wealth and fame, then you can expect to never be satisfied.

I'm 27 and still unsure of where my life is headed. I felt the same way at your age. I've held at least half a dozen jobs and still live with my parents too. None of the jobs I've held paid enough for me to support myself at least not without roommates which I'm not fond of after seeing all the bad experiences some of my friends had with roommates. I'm the type of person that likes to do things by myself that way if something gets screwed up I only have myself to blame. You seem to have a very low opinion of yourself saying you're too stupid to have completed HS. You can still get your GED if you tried. Just remember there is always someone out there in a worse situation than you and you definitely aren't the only one struggling to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    I am Very Depressed, now, I feel like my whole life is falling apart and wasting away.

. I Dropped out of High school missing 6 credits and I am too Stupid too go Back.
    Is getting a GED and taking classes required to be able to get the GED an available option for you, if you choose to pursue one?

May I ask why you have had so many jobs rather than holding them, then maybe I can offer some advice on how to get to keep a job?

. I am poor, I still live with my parents but have absolute horrible money management skills, I dont think i can do this forever.
    As far as living with your parents goes, not everyone moves out right away. My father moved out at 24 I believe, but my uncle is in his late 50's and he still lives in the same bedroom he's had since childhood in his father's house.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure that if you keep looking you'll find someone else who will spend the rest of their life with you

. I like Diapers.
    This is by far the easiest problem you have that I can talk about, as I myself have been dealing with the same exact issue for a while now. For me, I end up getting worked up, hating myself, I feel like a bad person because of it, which makes me start feeling worthless and sometimes even suicidal. I still have problems dealing with it. If it's a matter of accepting yourself and your liking of diapers, Moo has made a great article on the topic which may help you accept yourself and get over that part of depression caused by diapers.

I am halfway to the point I just dont want to live anymore (and you all are the very absolute first to know this side of me) I feel like i am just no good and wasting my life away. I mean I know i am never going to be rich and famous. I just dont know what else to say.

Now what I dont want to hear is Its going to be alright or, everything fine if you need to talk I am here for you. I dont know what I need, I dont know what to talk about this pretty much sums it all up right here.
    I've been there as well. There have been many times where I just feel like it would be easier to just give up on life, and have even felt as if I'm making otehrs miserable and that I should off myself for that reason.

In the past at times when I've gotten into the mood/mindset that you've described it has felt like someone was just telling me to suck it up when they say "It's going to be alright", or "everything is going to work out eventually", or things like that, and honestly those kinds of things just made me feel worse. What I've found to help is just to vent to someone I trusted, in my case certain friends from the chat here on ADISC.

I wish you luck in getting out of this kind of state of mind and feeling better.

My suggestion, get professional help. Think of it as a mental tuneup. I have been where you are I have taken my own advice.
    If for no other reason than your own satisfaction finish school or get a GED.

I saw that you said you broke up with your girlfriend, and I'll bet that's a big part of your depression. For what's it's worth, I have a Princeton education and I make 15,000 a year as a teacher assistant, and a little more as a church musician. I'm not happy that I never did the great things which I had intended when I was younger, but most people don't. Just remember that you are in control of your life. Even at 64 years of age, I'm writing a novel. I have a short story published on Nook Books, and I'm simply not quitting on life. If you have a dream, you have hope.

My wife is tied to a dialysis machine, and when I come home at night from my church music director job, I get her on the machine as we do home dialysis. Life throws some hard things at us and coping can be painful, but there are good things out there as well. You simply have to find them, and most importantly, don't give up. Get that GED and then take some classes that would prepare you for a better paying job. Go to a junior college counselor for guidance. They will be glad to help you. Seize the day!

GoodnitesTeen

This is likely to be an unpopular response but I would suggest that you are finding that in reality life has no purpose. To quote Richard Dawkins “The universe we observe has no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.” We humans live and die an are done. That is all. Everything we do is trying to hide this.

Assuming there is no God.

However with God there is purpose and eternal life. I would encourage you to pursue him. If you are an athiest or agnostic some good answers to your questions can be found here: BioLogos and here: Reasons To Believe : Where Science & Faith Converge. Please have an open mind and consider God in a new light

God bless you and bring peace upon you. I will be praying for you.

Remember God will not solve all of your problems and you must be able to act. Get that GED, Learn how to manage money, Find a new girl, etc.

Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by GoodnitesTeen View Post
    This is likely to be an unpopular response but I would suggest that you are finding that in reality life has no purpose. To quote Richard Dawkins “The universe we observe has no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.” We humans live and die an are done. That is all. Everything we do is trying to hide this.

Assuming there is no God.

However with God there is purpose and eternal life. I would encourage you to pursue him. If you are an athiest or agnostic some good answers to your questions can be found here: BioLogos and here: Reasons To Believe : Where Science & Faith Converge. Please have an open mind and consider God in a new light

God bless you and bring peace upon you. I will be praying for you.

Remember God will not solve all of your problems and you must be able to act. Get that GED, Learn how to manage money, Find a new girl, etc.
    I disagree. Just because us as humans have no inherent purpose does not mean that we will never have a purpose.

To quote a wise man: "Pointless is a word that most people find horrible and disparaging, but I find it completely open and hilarious, as well as fun. It's like leaving a kid in an amusement park with all the knowledge of how to operate the rides, get toys and eat whatever they want to. Maximize this on a universal scale. Just because we have no set purpose doesn't mean we will never have one, quite the opposite. It's but one beauty of sentience to dream and give yourself that purpose." - Mattox Da Laska

As long as we continue to live, we have the golden opportunity to find our own purpose in life. We do not need to have meaning handed to us on a silver platter, we can make it for ourselves. Again, to the OP, find and do what you love. Make your life around you, not what others have told you life is. Be yourself, be happy. I wish you the best.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post

. I like Diapers.

I dont mean to be mean, but these things are all things you can change and they're all caused by you... No one made you make these choices. All of this is easily fixed as well as not a need to be depressed.

I dropped out of college with only 3 classes left to graduate
    Im also 22 and i havent had 12 jobs but ive had maybe 6? This isnt a bad thing >_>
    Im 22 and MARRIED and i still live with my parents because i havent made enough money to move out, i may not have horrible money managing skills but i still like to spend my hard earned money and there is nothing wrong with that, and those are choices I live with because I made them, no one made me make those choices.

As for your girlfriend breaking up with you, im sorry about that but maybe its because of THESE setbacks you are having.

And last, if you keep looking at diapers as a negative, you're never going to be able to accept yourself.

In the end what im trying to say is that all these things that are depressing you were choices that were caused by you, and that is a good thing! Why? Because it means YOU can make the choice to change these things. When i was depressed, the thing that helped the most wasnt medication, or therapy, it was realizing that the things i was depressed about can be changed!

Grab hold of yourself, look in the mirror and re-evaluate your priorities because you dont have to feel this way. You can do it !!!