Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diapers and flying

Default Diapers and flying

Well you know how everyone always asks about diapers and flying and the x-ray thing. I have always reassured people that it is no big deal. Now I am faced with the very situation myself. But I am not going to get all worked up about it. Or I hope. I will try my best. I am packing what I need comfort wise for a week. That involve Blanky and Binky and maybe my bottle. So X-ray machine or not. I am not going to worry what they think.

youngbear9

Good for you! They can think what they want, they don't know you! Packing any padding? And might I ask where you are headed?

You could try the thing I've been tempted to do with every TSA story I hear... get in line for the pat down, when they go for the closer look at the diaper, give a live demonstration.

If they find it in a carry-on, they're not going to question it if nothing else is detected about it. "Why do you have these?" "Incontinence problem." "Oh." Quick conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirsar View Post
    If they find it in a carry-on, they're not going to question it if nothing else is detected about it. "Why do you have these?" "Incontinence problem." "Oh." Quick conversation.
    TSA: "Why do you have diapers?"

YOU: "Why are you wearing glasses?"

TSA: "Well obviously I... oh. ok."

YOU: "deeerp!"

She *might* be coming to see me...

If I were going on a plane, I would definately wear. I don't see what's to be nervous about.

If the TSA wants to investigate my diaper, I'll make sure it isn't dry for them.

youngbear9

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    If the TSA wants to investigate my diaper, I'll make sure it isn't dry for them.
    Oh AbenaLeaf! Only you!

Not only would i make sure its not dry but also..... LOL
    Last edited by cp88; 02-Jul-2012 at 17:51.

I fly frequently, normally I'm always padded. I never had any problems going through TSA.

For the record - They're not "X-Rays" so to say. The current generation is more like a barrage of microwaves, if I remember correctly.

If you're seriously nervous about going through it padded, ask for a "Manual Inspection"(Sounds like something for your car), and they'll gladly pat you down after radioing for 3 minutes to get someone down there. If they ask why the bypass, just tell em you don't like to even spend much time on your cell phone, and you'd rather hedge your bets, since you spend loads of time on the computer already.

She *might* be coming to see me...

If I were going on a plane, I would definately wear. I don't see what's to be nervous about.

Abenaleaf :P I would so make sure it was not dry. And yeah I *might* be headed to see him.
    Well youngbear9 I am packing what I will need for traveling but the rest I am ordering straight to my destination. Less luggage. Packing a couple binkies and and my blankies (maybe a bottle too)