Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgust with television programming

Default Disgust with television programming

You know what urks me the most about television? When they advertise something is going to be on... its publicly posted in multiple sources that a particular program will be on at a certain time... and then BAM... its not what you wanted to watch.

Nickelodeon for example.... the other day it said Legend of Korra was on and it was an episode I missed, so I set the recorder and when I woke up, what do I get? SPONGEBOB!

Not saying that Spongebob is bad, love the show, but... jeeze.

Haha, yes, i had the something similiar quite a while ago, it was about Avatar, too, but The Last Airbender, not the Korra thing, and it was gonna be the final episode, and they had advertised it all week. so when, after getting excited over it all week, i sat down on saturday to watch it, it ended up being the episode /before/ the final one, i expected them to show the final episode after that one, but no, they didn't, and then later i learned they showed the final episode next week but i missed it because i didn't know they were showing it. x] so bad.

I remember last year BBC 3 advertising the new episodes Family Guy, Sunday's at 10. Loads of adverts for it, high profile show for a pretty lukewarm channel.
    So everyone in the student flat ready to watch it one night, turn the TV on... frigging Lady Gaga. A Lady Gaga concert, live, running over... for 45 painful minutes. The whole time we're just watching, thinking that it must be finishing soon.

Football running over is fine... you know you've got 30 minutes of extra time, you can live with it. But a concert? Surely they must know when that was going to finish!

Apart from that I've not really noticed any programming mistakes... but then I don't really watch any of the smaller channels.

Although I'm not disgusted with programming on the tube, I must say I do get quite frustrated when the listings are in incorrect order. Or if a DVR recorded program records something other than what I originally wanted to see. Then sometimes one of the shows is corrupted by refusing to play through or is missing sound and plays through. Ugh, so annoying!

Television these days is just not the same. I miss the 90's. I miss Samurai Jack.
    And yeah, y'end up with these sorts of problems, and not gettin' what you were promised, and all that... It's just like... Dafuq.

I never knew when a show was on. What is "8:30/7:30 central" supposed to mean? I live in mountain standard time dammit I don't know what that is! Tell me like 6:30, and I'll be here at 6:30, and I'll watch the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Football running over is fine... you know you've got 30 minutes of extra time, you can live with it. But a concert? Surely they must know when that was going to finish!
    I can't stand encores. Like, once the band goes off stage, then whooping and hollering for another song or two is great and shows the band they played an awesome show. After that, man, just give it a rest, I'm outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by skunk053 View Post
    Although I'm not disgusted with programming on the tube, I must say I do get quite frustrated when the listings are in incorrect order. Or if a DVR recorded program records something other than what I originally wanted to see. Then sometimes one of the shows is corrupted by refusing to play through or is missing sound and plays through. Ugh, so annoying!
    When dish network pulls crap like that I call them up and complain. Normally they knock off like 5 dollars for the next 3-6 months Also once I threatened to cancel on behalf of my dad and I managed to take off the 5 dollar HD fee. At the time they just started "Free HD for life" for new costumers. I was like "Your treating us worse then new customers, we've been with you for over 3-4 years. Your waving HD programing fees for new people but here all we get is constantly poorer service."

Seriously, just complain *especially* if your out of their contracts and they'll either give you free perks or take a little bit off the bill. just by complaining to tech support I've reduced our bill from like 20 dollars and I got a new receiver with bigger hard disk drive, new dish with a wireless USB stick for free the next morning after I called.

Cable is just too fancy these days. Nothing more than a subscription of hundreds of TV channels; some of those you probably do not want.

After years of paying cable and half the channels were advertising we dropped it.
    We did increase the speed on our internet and watch what we want there. We also picked up netflicks.
    This cut our cable bill by 40 a month.
    If you can get high speed internet this is the way to go.

Thaguy123

I also have This problem

Also when i'm watching Nickelodeon and when the program starts "We are having technical problems" and when the program ends the problems are over... This mens that they didn't configure her server right