Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: For IC (prescribed product only) "nappy/pad/pull up" users in UK

  1. #1

    Default For IC (prescribed product only) "nappy/pad/pull up" users in UK

    I don't know if you guys already knew, but..

    If you use incontinence products and have them prescribed, you can get a letter from your Doc/District Nurse or Continence service to hand in to your local council to be issued a double than normal sized wheelie bin. This is very useful if you are filling your bin with continence products and don't have much room for normal rubbish.

    My doc wrote my letter but whilst writing it he mumbled that I should be charged for such a letter, so you will need to check if you will be charged for it, or not. I doubt the Nurse or the Continence service would charge though... (IF they would do the letter, I don't know)

    Just thought I would let you know, so you can take advantage of the larger bin!

    Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2

    Default

    that's interesting. although, i remember, quite a while ago, watching something on telly where a family had a yellow 'biohazard' bin for the waste products for their disabled child. no doubt this'll be another 'depends upon local policy'.

    and , to the GP. seriously, how else do they justify their position and pay (not to mention all the freebies they get from the pharmaceutical companies for 'selling' their drugs)?

  3. #3

    Default

    Doubt they have anything like that where I live :*( I live in the middle of NOWHERE land lol... I am probably lucky they even have trash service out here in the country side lol

  4. #4

    Default

    I've got a yellow biohazard bin for my incontinence waste, luckily I live in the countryside so its not at all noticeable unless we have a visitor!

  5. #5

    Default

    I get the yellow bag clinical waste service for my waste

    if yiou want info on clinical waste in your area contact your local council

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiii View Post
    Doubt they have anything like that where I live :*( I live in the middle of NOWHERE land lol... I am probably lucky they even have trash service out here in the country side lol
    In Oklahoma, it largely depends on local policy. The area I live in requires a letter from your doctor to have a bin over a certain size, and they require all medical waste including IC products to be in a separate marked bin that gets picked up on different days than the normal trash service for the part of town you live in.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiii View Post
    Doubt they have anything like that where I live :*( I live in the middle of NOWHERE land lol... I am probably lucky they even have trash service out here in the country side lol


    Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    In Oklahoma, it largely depends on local policy. The area I live in requires a letter from your doctor to have a bin over a certain size, and they require all medical waste including IC products to be in a separate marked bin that gets picked up on different days than the normal trash service for the part of town you live in.
    Dang, you guys must live in more populated areas than me. I'm in Oklahoma & I'm way out in the country too. No trash service at all. You either take it out and burn it, or bag it up and take it to town & put it in a dumpster.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDragon View Post
    I've got a yellow biohazard bin for my incontinence waste, luckily I live in the countryside so its not at all noticeable unless we have a visitor!
    Do you think I should be asking for such a bin? Or will my jumbo wheelie bin suffice?

    When the doc ordered it, I was only urine incontinent, but now I'm partially fecal incontinent...


    Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9

    Default

    As far as the UK goes the provision of bins and bags is in the control of each local authority. Increasingly many of these are simply saying that incontinence waste should be bagged in ordinary plastic bags and put in the "wheelie bin" -especially where there is a weekly collection. Part of the argument for this is that (probably) the amount of human waste involved is quite smalll compared to the amount in baby nappies that end up in the waste system and there is a smaller percentage of fecal matter in incontinence waste than in the equivalent weight of baby/child diapers. You used to be able to tell where incontinence was an issue in a household because of the special bins or bags - Perhaps it is better that what goes on in our pants isn't publicly indicated so often these days.

  10. #10
    KJanon

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Dang, you guys must live in more populated areas than me. I'm in Oklahoma & I'm way out in the country too. No trash service at all. You either take it out and burn it, or bag it up and take it to town & put it in a dumpster.
    Yikes, that must work wonders on the areas environmental efforts...

Similar Threads

  1. "New" Depends product
    By MistuhFox in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-Jul-2012, 10:39
  2. Any "Dry" ABs out there? (non-wetters/diaper users)
    By HokieABDL in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2012, 15:08
  3. We need a noun for "ADISC users"
    By AEsahaettr in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2011, 12:39
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2009, 16:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.