Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with Dry24/7?

Angry What's the deal with Dry24/7?

I am really getting P-O'd at this site. I have asked about shipping to Canada, they say they have a supplier (b4ns.com) for Canada. How ever when visiting b4ns.com they never show anything in stock.
    Now lately they have re-done their site (dry247.com) and I noticed that I can get a case with shipping for $110, awesome right? wrong, I logged in and it let me purchase them even got conformation email's saying all is good. Then I get a cancellation a few days later because .. yep .. Canadian.. I have to go to b4ns ...
    I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am right now. You want to spend money and yet places don't want it.. GRRRRR..

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    I am really getting P-O'd at this site. I have asked about shipping to Canada, they say they have a supplier (b4ns.com) for Canada. How ever when visiting b4ns.com they never show anything in stock.
    Now lately they have re-done their site (dry247.com) and I noticed that I can get a case with shipping for $110, awesome right? wrong, I logged in and it let me purchase them even got conformation email's saying all is good. Then I get a cancellation a few days later because .. yep .. Canadian.. I have to go to b4ns ...
    I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am right now. You want to spend money and yet places don't want it.. GRRRRR..
    there is probably a seller agreement in place.
    another place to try is xpmedical.com that is if you live within a decent driving distance from the us border, and have access to a parcel depot.
    otherwise you will pay through the nose for shipping.

So... you're mad at them because their supplier won't get new stock?

Yeah, that's retarded. You wouldn't get mad at Pampers because Wal-Mart didn't have it in stock. b4ns sort of has control of the AB market in Canada, and they probably make agreements so that they are the only ones able to sell that product, so Dry 24/7 is contractually obligated not to sell directly in Canada. I might be completely wrong, but that seems to be what's going on.

b4ns is a small operation. They are frequently sold out of a lot of the AB stuff because it sells like instantly, which is fed by them being known to be out of stock. Basically, they say "we're getting a shipment of 'x' " and everyone flocks to the site to get it right away, in the fear that if they wait it will be gone. Then they are sold out and sometimes don't get a new order for months. This is a frequent problem with b4ns, but they are the only ones catering to us really, so we kind of need to suck it up. The only site I've seen seems reasonable until you check shipping and the prices triple.

Basically, your problem is with b4ns, not Dry 24/7. They can't force b4ns to order more, and since there is no one else to be a better supplier, they have nowhere else to sell their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    Daft idea, but it MIGHT just work...

If you can afford extra for shipping, do you know anyone well enough that DOESN'T live in Canada, so you can get them shipped to them in the first instance, then you pay your non-Canadian contact the shipping cost to ship them out to you....

I would offer to help, but I'm in the UK so I'm betting they wouldn't ship them to me either. unless you found a UK nappy that you like, ands if they don't ship out to Canada, I could ship them out to you for example?

Yeah, like I said, a daft idea. Sorry :banghead:

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post

Yeah, that's retarded. You wouldn't get mad at Pampers because Wal-Mart didn't have it in stock. b4ns sort of has control of the AB market in Canada, and they probably make agreements so that they are the only ones able to sell that product, so Dry 24/7 is contractually obligated not to sell directly in Canada. I might be completely wrong, but that seems to be what's going on.

b4ns is a small operation. They are frequently sold out of a lot of the AB stuff because it sells like instantly, which is fed by them being known to be out of stock. Basically, they say "we're getting a shipment of 'x' " and everyone flocks to the site to get it right away, in the fear that if they wait it will be gone. Then they are sold out and sometimes don't get a new order for months. This is a frequent problem with b4ns, but they are the only ones catering to us really, so we kind of need to suck it up. The only site I've seen seems reasonable until you check shipping and the prices triple.

Basically, your problem is with b4ns, not Dry 24/7. They can't force b4ns to order more, and since there is no one else to be a better supplier, they have nowhere else to sell their product.
    I am not all too happy with your reply Zephy, before calling my, or anyone else's statement "retarded" please re-read the post properly. No where did I say that I have a beef with b4ns, I am mad at dry24/7 and fact that they have CANADA listed on their drop down menus to ship to, or even allow CANADA as a shipping choice. Any other properly done website wouldn't give Canada, or any other country as a shipping choice only to cancel orders and tell them to go to b4ns or any other website for that matter who doesn't have stock and is more $$.

I truly expected a better response from someone with your stats.

CaptainVimes - I do have family JUST across the boarder but I am still leery on shipping them diapers. Especially a full case of Dry, because they are so darn heavy and big.

do you have a friend in the us that can ship it up to you i know shipping two times but would that work

No, no friend.. just family. Most of my family is in the US. I should look into somehow getting a PO box or something.

Locke

But that is a problem with the way Dry 24/7 operates. If they force you to order through a supplier that is known for being out of stock constantly, lie on their website about where they can ship to, and make their product nearly impossible to get because they work with bad clientele, that is Dry 24/7's problem.

If you could only buy Mac products in Canada through a single supplier, and the supplier Mac chose was never in stock, people would get pissed at Mac for choosing a stupid supplier to represent them.

There are better ways to deal with the problem, but since (I assume) Canada is a relatively small portion of their clientele, they just really don't give a shit and that's as simple as it is.

Fully agree Locke

I think what pissed me off the most was I ordered a day before I left for camping. got all the conformation emails etc and left for Allegany State Park for a week, coming home I thought "oh boy! only a little wait until I have my DryCare" .. then my disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    But that is a problem with the way Dry 24/7 operates. If they force you to order through a supplier that is known for being out of stock constantly, lie on their website about where they can ship to, and make their product nearly impossible to get because they work with bad clientele, that is Dry 24/7's problem.

If you could only buy Mac products in Canada through a single supplier, and the supplier Mac chose was never in stock, people would get pissed at Mac for choosing a stupid supplier to represent them.

There are better ways to deal with the problem, but since (I assume) Canada is a relatively small portion of their clientele, they just really don't give a shit and that's as simple as it is.
    As I said in the first post, they don't "choose" to deal with b4ns. There's really nowhere else in Canada to go. To fix your analogy, it would be like if you could only buy Macs through a single supplier, and that supplier was the only one that was willing to sell Macs. Dry 24/7 doesn't have an alternative. I'm sure that if another company said "hey, I see that your current seller isn't really selling your product. How about you switch to us and we'll guarantee to keep your product in stock?" that they would switch. The problem is that there IS no alternative. b4ns essentially has a monopoly right now, which is why they can get away with this.