Thread: Your Opinions?

Default Your Opinions?

So, I recently realized that my local pool sells individual swim diapers for just two bucks, and packs of three for five bucks. I know that swim diapers have terrible absorbency, and even the largest size will probably be pretty tight, but do you think it'd be a good idea to just pick one up as either a stuffer, or to test my size if I were to ever buy actual baby diapers?

To me, it sounds like a pretty solid idea. I'd just earn two dollars somehow, and go up to the counter asking for one for a cousin or a family friend, if the topic came up. Then I'd just walk in and slip it into my pool bag, hiding them upon getting home. Simple, right?

I don't think a swim diaper would make too much of a great stuffer, however buying it to see if you were to buy actual baby diapers isn't a bad idea, considering the fact that it's only two dollars.

I think it's a terrible idea. Swim diapers are made to contain a little trickle wetting on the way to the pool and poop if it happens in the pool.

If you're looking to sample swim diapers that's one thing, but if you're looking to sample diapers in general it seems like a poor move. Your size is almost guaranteed to be 6-7 if you buy baby diapers and I doubt the little swimmers are larger than size 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I think it's a terrible idea. Swim diapers are made to contain a little trickle wetting on the way to the pool and poop if it happens in the pool.

If you're looking to sample swim diapers that's one thing, but if you're looking to sample diapers in general it seems like a poor move. Your size is almost guaranteed to be 6-7 if you buy baby diapers and I doubt the little swimmers are larger than size 4-5.
    I've already figured that the baby diapers that would most likely fit me would be size six or seven, but I just want to see how well they fit by wearing this. Obviously swim diapers aren't made like other, normal diapers, and I don't expect them to hold a full wetting. I just wanna test them for, say, feel, size, comfort, etc. Plus, I'd expect they'd make alright stuffers, and it's only two bucks, so it's not that big of a gamble.

pamperchu

the same thing happed to me when i was 11. the local pool had diapers for $1. Get one if you want to, It might be fun.

Wearing a pool diaper might be fun but be aware they are not designed to hold pee, they're made to keep poop from getting in the pool, which causes the pool to be closed. A little kid pee in a pool of tens of thousands of gallons is not a big deal but poop is. If you pee in one when out of the pool it will run down your leg.

It's hardly a bad idea, it's unlikely to go badly and at the end you'll have the information you want. All I'd say is that due to the horrific absorbency is that it will make a poor stuffer, a baby diaper would work as they actually have some absorbency but a swim diaper only holds the bare minimum which is nothing.

I agree with pamperchu you should get one if you want to. I know I would get it for fun.

Heya, Natsu.

What you're proposing sounds like some fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    I've already figured that the baby diapers that would most likely fit me would be size six or seven, but I just want to see how well they fit by wearing this.
    ...but I don't expect it will be a good indicator of your chances of putting on, say, a Pampers 6 or 7. Not even close! These little pull-ups just aren't very stretchy in the waist, so I'll be surprised if they make it past your knees. Ultimately, if you want to try wearing baby diapers, it'll be worth just snagging a small bag of Cruisers 7. You won't have done your best otherwise.

I say go for it. I have never personally tried swim diapers because they are too small. You are only risking $2 so what do you have to loose? I doubt it will be very satisfying tho.