Thread: Here's a crazy title!

Default Here's a crazy title!

Oh wait.. No its not.

Hello, forum and forum peoples! I found this site less than a week ago, and after a few bits of lurking around I decided to make an account. I've never been a part of any community about ABDL and related matters and I've honestly never told anyone in my life, so its nice to just be somewhere where everyone's all "Hey, yeah, us too. lets talk about stuff!"

Everyone seems really friendly and I'm not a huge forumgoer, but I feel like everyone's welcome here and that makes me happy.

I'm a total nerd-type. I'm really into classic games, computers and whatnot. I'm in college for Game Design and just most electronic things make me happy.

So uhh... Hi! *waves around in a flailing manner*

Quote Originally Posted by restlessForeboder View Post
    Everyone seems really friendly and I'm not a huge forumgoer, but I feel like everyone's welcome here and that makes me happy.
    Alo! Welcome to ADISC. Glad to see you decided to make an account; we're a wonderful community. Everyone is welcome at ADISC! You'll find anything and everything.

I'm in college for Game Design and just most electronic things make me happy.
    I have a few friends who are going to college for Game Design, and they have their idea of their perfect game. So what's the dream game you would love to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Auby View Post
    I have a few friends who are going to college for Game Design, and they have their idea of their perfect game. So what's the dream game you would love to make?
    For my first semester I had to write up a game on paper (it was a grueling 96 pages). The game idea was something I've always wanted in a game. It was a Metroid style platformer with an extremely heavy emphasis on musical theming. Everything from the characters to the planet had some sort of reference and the combat was supposed to flow like conducting a piece of music. I could probably go on for a while, but the idea is pretty much there and I hope someday I actually get to make it.

I forgot to mention I love music too. And due to my interests colliding with one another, I like a lot of game soundtracks. I write 8-bit pieces too!

For my first semester I had to write up a game on paper (it was a grueling 96 pages). The game idea was something I've always wanted in a game. It was a Metroid style platformer with an extremely heavy emphasis on musical theming. Everything from the characters to the planet had some sort of reference and the combat was supposed to flow like conducting a piece of music. I could probably go on for a while, but the idea is pretty much there and I hope someday I actually get to make it.
    Metroid is an amazing game to base anything off of; it's a wonderful franchise. And just the way you described the combat makes me want to play it. Hope you can get it done.

I forgot to mention I love music too. And due to my interests colliding with one another, I like a lot of game soundtracks. I write 8-bit pieces too!
    I too love music. I've always felt it is an extension of human emotion. Poetry aside, I mostly listen to electronic music, but if it has a beautiful melody, it can earn a spot in my library. Chiptunes has such a unique sound in today's world of music.

Quote Originally Posted by restlessForeboder
    I'm in college for Game Design
    Cool, I've been trying to learn how to write a game. So far I haven't been able make a working GUI though, lol. (C++, SDL, OpenGL)

Welcome to adisc.

Quote Originally Posted by Auby View Post
    Metroid is an amazing game to base anything off of; it's a wonderful franchise. And just the way you described the combat makes me want to play it. Hope you can get it done.

I too love music. I've always felt it is an extension of human emotion. Poetry aside, I mostly listen to electronic music, but if it has a beautiful melody, it can earn a spot in my library. Chiptunes has such a unique sound in today's world of music.
    Thanks! And yeah, Metroid is one of my favorite series, and that kind of genre is all sorts of interesting to me. I love being able to explore and feel like I'm gaining strength as I complete the game. The real love of my life is Mega Man though, but thats another story.

I love all genres that aren't stale. I'd say I don't like country, but that poppy stuff on the radio isn't exactly a good representation of the genre to begin with. My favorite genre would probably be Progressive/Neoclassical metal, and when I'm in a mood to not have my ears blasted off, I like more electronic indie sounding groups like Minus the Bear and The Strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    Cool, I've been trying to learn how to write a game. So far I haven't been able make a working GUI though, lol. (C++, SDL, OpenGL)
    I haven't really gotten to actually coding yet, but I did recently take a introductory course in C++. I like coding and programming languages are fun to look at and modify, but I'm not the best at writing them.

Also, computerProgrammer, your name wouldn't happen to be a Homestuck chumhandle, would it? Mine technically is, but yours could just be a coding sort of deal which is what the webcomic was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by restlessForeboder
    Also, computerProgrammer, your name wouldn't happen to be a Homestuck chumhandle, would it? Mine technically is, but yours could just be a coding sort of deal which is what the webcomic was going for.
    When adisc asked me the trick question of what username I wanted I couldn't think of any thing. I didn't want to use a name that might be traced to me on google so I just came up with this name because I was thinking about programming at the time.