Thread: What's an EDnDM, anyway?

Default What's an EDnDM, anyway?

It's just me! It's a mix of EDM and DnD, both of which I like :3

So I'm on the computer and internet a good portion of my day talking with friends, playing steam, programming games, or making music with Ableton. When I'm not on the computer, I'll either be engaging in one of millions of little hobbies I love to play around with or going outside and playing. I live in the woods and love having great padded 'little' adventures through the hills and trees around me.

I'm in college and currently live in an apartment with my girlfriend who's little at heart as well and we're really into gaming, both video and tabletop. We like to keep padded as often as possible, and if I could I totally would go 24/7, but I can enjoy my adult time just as much.

And lately I've been trying to get into playing some DnD campaigns on a virtual tabletop site called "roll20," if anyone likes that sort of thing It seems really cool and is still in beta, so it'll be updated even more.

So really I've just wanted to join for some time now to chat about life n' stuff with some likeminded guys n gals, maybe meet some other gamers or something. Been kinda nervous, to be honest, but I'm sure this place won't be TOO scary :P
    What's up with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by EDnDM View Post
    It's just me! It's a mix of EDM and DnD, both of which I like :3

So I'm on the computer and internet a good portion of my day talking with friends, playing steam, programming games, or making music with Ableton. When I'm not on the computer, I'll either be engaging in one of millions of little hobbies I love to play around with or going outside and playing. I live in the woods and love having great padded 'little' adventures through the hills and trees around me.

I'm in college and currently live in an apartment with my girlfriend who's little at heart as well and we're really into gaming, both video and tabletop. We like to keep padded as often as possible, and if I could I totally would go 24/7, but I can enjoy my adult time just as much.

And lately I've been trying to get into playing some DnD campaigns on a virtual tabletop site called "roll20," if anyone likes that sort of thing It seems really cool and is still in beta, so it'll be updated even more.

So really I've just wanted to join for some time now to chat about life n' stuff with some likeminded guys n gals, maybe meet some other gamers or something. Been kinda nervous, to be honest, but I'm sure this place won't be TOO scary :P
    What's up with you guys?
    Great introduction EDnDM!

Ha ha no, we're nothing to be afraid of! Unless you meet us down a dark alley or something... in which case look out

:P I'm very much into games myself actually I play alot, as well as occassionaly write reviews for them and am actually just beginning a blog on the whole vast complexeties of video games in general. Any favourite series of games? Or favourite gaming platform?

Nice to meet another padded gamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    I play alot, as well as occassionaly write reviews for them and am actually just beginning a blog on the whole vast complexeties of video games in general. Any favourite series of games? Or favourite gaming platform?
    That's awesome that you review and blog them! I had thought about doing something of the sort at some point, but I think I ramble on too much in my typing to make readers actually engaged in any review :P

My favorite platform is usually Xbox, though in the past few years I've been getting a lot more into Steam, a big part of which I owe to the constant sales they have :P LA Noire and Deus Ex: HR w/ all DLC for $20!? Shut up and take my money!

The Halo series has always had a deep seated place in my heart, with fond memories of playing the original in the mornings before middle school and having actually met much of my close group of friends online on multiplayer (Halo 3ish), but with ODST and the more recent games I haven't been as excited about them. Still love them, but I'm losing motivation to spend $60 on another game :\
    Bioshock series, Deus Ex, Assasin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Fallout, ELDER SCROLLS (huuuge geek boner for these since Morrowind :P), and I'm sure I can't finish this list.

As mentioned LA Noire was one of my favorite games and I SERIOUSLY hope they follow it up with a sequel! I also am halfway through Mass Effect 2 as I just started the series when the 3rd was about to come out, but I really dig the first more so far. And seriously, I'm sure I could go on and on about these but I'll just bore ya so if you REALLY want more details, just ask :P

One thing I think would be cool though is because I'm learning more and more to program games I could possibly at least intern with Bethesda, as I could be pretty close to their HQ if I wanted to do a job or something