Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The End of the BCS Era!

It is used in college football to determine who plays for the national title. It is made up of voter polls and computer polls. Top 2 teams play. But it is a very flawed system.

johnpeter

What they need to do is get rid of all the bowl games. there just a big joke

I don't like it. I liked it better when all the big bowls were on New Year's Day. I'd line up all my TV's on the basement bar and watch all the games all at once all day. At the end of the day, i'd be so tired of college football, that I was good until it came around again in August.

As for a "national championship", sportswriters had plenty of material to wax eloquent for weeks on who the best team was. What does a national championship prove anyway.

they need to go with a "super-bowl" like system where its a 16 seed tournament top 16 teams go in and they play each of the bowl games as a seed with the rose bowl sugar bowl orange bowl and feista bowl need to be the final round or two
    and the championship game should be chosen the same way it is now

I just see it as more of a punishment for the teams that excel at football. Example, my state has has had the national championship for the past 3 years. The University of Alabama has had it 14 times. Auburn has had it 2 times (technically 1 1/2 due to a tie on the first one).

I saw everyone bitching about how Ohio should have been in the title game on ESPN. The SEC teams in general play a better game of football than the rest.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

NCAA Football is kind of ridiculous anyway. A bunch of games are played over a season and by the end of it about a quarter of the teams win a championship. What is it, age group Football where everyone goes home with a medal?

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerDude View Post
    I just see it as more of a punishment for the teams that excel at football. Example, my state has has had the national championship for the past 3 years. The University of Alabama has had it 14 times. Auburn has had it 2 times (technically 1 1/2 due to a tie on the first one).

I saw everyone bitching about how Ohio should have been in the title game on ESPN. The SEC teams in general play a better game of football than the rest.

Anyway that's just my two cents.
    Two of my kids went to Virginia Tech and I think we play you guys early in the season. SEC v ACC is always a fun game. Remember the year we beat LSU, so you never know what's possible! I'm betting on Alabama however...sigh.

As for the BSC, we all think it's about time there was a playoff. Four games is at least a start. One negative comment I've heard is that the teams/conferences that often go to the Rose Bowl may not be able to compete in the 4 team playoff. That said, the Rose Bowl has its own great tradition and I always enjoy both the parade and then the game.

My football coach son has always complained about the big bowl game being on a Tuesday night, a work day/night well after the New Years break. I don't know why they do that. It should be on the weekend, preferably a Saturday night so we have a day to recover from lost sleep.

youngbear9

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeter View Post
    What they need to do is get rid of all the bowl games. there just a big joke
    They are not some "big joke". It's football at its finest! Its not like everyone gets to go! And it's pretty fairly matched! So stfu -.-