Thread: Why are diapers disappearing?

Default Why are diapers disappearing?

I used to go to Stop and Shop often to get diapers. I've been doing this for years. All of a sudden, these past few months, I've noticed most adult diapers have disappeared off the shelves. Now all that's left are the 'Manly' Depends...
    I had a moment of suspicion, like, "They're onto us and they're trying to curb the behavior...." Hahaha, but I doubt something that extreme. But it's still weird. And my parents are divorced and live in different states. NEITHER Stop and Shop has any adult diapers except for those weird guyish Depends now, so I'm starting to believe it's becoming a universal thing.
    This is garbage. Why is this?

teddybear206

i blame the burmuda triangle

Cushiebabe

I think you should switch to online ordering and forget about it...there simply isnt that much demand for incontinence products that a convenience store would stock a variety of brands...it seems unusual to me that a "Stop and Shop" would have ever had a great variety of adult diapers in the first place...I may seem like a walking advertisement for Adult Baby businesses but I really think we should all buy where they cater to what our needs are...ABUniverse.com Home Page - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore

This is just a little rumor that's flying around on the internet:

one of the rumors is that big-name ( and by big-name, I mean common store brands) have been loosing out to there competitors in certain stores.
    ex.

Quick n shop
    Stop n shop (where you frequent) and a few other stores .
    In a last ditch effort they have been trying place there brands in name stores like Target, and Wal-mart

There have been a lot of changes in the market lately. I dont know about where your from but here there seems to be a somewhat large number of commercials on tv for home delivery incontinence products at low prices. So between that and the internet, many people who medically need them are no longer getting them from the local stores. If the store is not selling many, they are not going to carry many.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by JD5620 View Post
    There have been a lot of changes in the market lately. I dont know about where your from but here there seems to be a somewhat large number of commercials on tv for home delivery incontinence products at low prices. So between that and the internet, many people who medically need them are no longer getting them from the local stores. If the store is not selling many, they are not going to carry many.
    If anything, this is what I believe is the driving force behing the 'store bought' diapers disappearing. I mean think about it. If you didn't have to go to a store and could save money AND have them delivered right to your door, wouldn't you?

CrinklySiren

Well where I am, the depends max protection are still on the shelves, although a few months ago they were nowhere to be found. I wouldnt worry about it because normally this means there is a back order or that they are getting new product and have to get rid of the old product... Depends Max Protection is still very much alive.

I think it's because more and more people are ordering online. Diapers are bulky and difficult to transport home, they use up a lot of shelf space which is not economical for the store, and the demand is low so they won't sell many anyway.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by JD5620 View Post
    I used to NEVER see those commercials, but recently (in the past month) I've seen quite a few of those. s: