Thread: Going for a minor shopping spree, what are essential baby items?

Default Going for a minor shopping spree, what are essential baby items?

Going with my wife to but baby items what are some essential stuff aside from bottles powder and diapers?

Well, obviously, you gotta grab yourself a nicely-sized pacifier, if you wanna be a complete baby. If you're good, I'm sure your mommy'll let you have a brand new plushie near the end of the trip~ You could also look for a bib or something, if that's your kind of thing, and in terms of toys, I'd suggest things like legos, blocks, and those puzzle piece-like playmats that feel really really soft~ If you can, try getting some kind of changing mat so you don't have to go to your bed every time you get all soggy, and why not get some baby stuff for the actual change too? There are those little arcs that go over changing mats that I've always found adorable, not sure what they're called or how big they are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    Well, obviously, you gotta grab yourself a nicely-sized pacifier, if you wanna be a complete baby. If you're good, I'm sure your mommy'll let you have a brand new plushie near the end of the trip~ You could also look for a bib or something, if that's your kind of thing, and in terms of toys, I'd suggest things like legos, blocks, and those puzzle piece-like playmats that feel really really soft~ If you can, try getting some kind of changing mat so you don't have to go to your bed every time you get all soggy, and why not get some baby stuff for the actual change too? There are those little arcs that go over changing mats that I've always found adorable, not sure what they're called or how big they are though.
    Most the stuff on your list is what I was going to say.

CrinklySiren

You could buy diaper change essentials like nice smelling/cute looking wipes, a wipe case, maybe rash cream (if you're into that) a pacifier and bib like Natsu said, You can get a changing mat or some bed mats for night time accidents if your diaper leaks, and of course a DIAPER BAG I have a snoopy one and I keep most of my on-the-go AB essentials. You could also get baby cologne (if smells are a big thing for you) and you can buy baby bottle cleaners and a PACI CLIP too. This is store brand stuff though, im assuming you are going on a physical shopping spree lol I can say a LOT more things if you're shopping online too!

There are those little arcs that go over changing mats that I've always found adorable, not sure what they're called or how big they are though.
    A mobile? Not sure if they have a different name in other countries.

Wipes are definitely something you'll want if you plan on using the diapers. Pacifiers/dummies are really relaxing, bottles, a blanket, colourful toys like those large lego blocks (or whatever is 'age-appropriate')... most of what I can think of has already been said. If you go online you can find tons of cute onesies/rompers and a wider selection of anything you'd find in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    No, not a mobile. Or at least not a mobile in the sense of what I'm thinking. A mobile would be that thing above cribs that spins around and makes music, right? I'm talking about this, but something bigger and removable.

http://www.amazon.com/East-Coast-Jun.../dp/B006Y8NYLO

No, not a mobile. Or at least not a mobile in the sense of what I'm thinking. A mobile would be that thing above cribs that spins around and makes music, right? I'm talking about this, but something bigger and removable.

http://www.amazon.com/East-Coast-Jun.../dp/B006Y8NYLO
    Oh, okay. It's a similar idea, but maybe this has another name? And yes, a mobile is generally placed above a crib and spins around. Mine didn't make music though. :/

There are those little arcs that go over changing mats that I've always found adorable, not sure what they're called or how big they are though.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post

I'm pretty sure these are called Play Gyms (plural). They usually give actual babies a lot of exercise by trying to reach/kick/grab/ect the toys.