Thread: It does happen

Default It does happen

I have been bordering on ic for over a year now where I could make it to the bathroom if I was close enough.
    But for the last three nights I have not been awakened by the slight twinges and have woke up wet. So incontinence does grow worse when you wear diapers full time. I can attest to that personally. Lol.
    Ok I didn't write this so everyone could tell me I was an idiot. It was a DL fun moment. I suppose I should have made that clear.
    Last edited by Angelbaby; 26-Jun-2012 at 11:38. Reason: Additional information

ive been wondering on this kinda does ic happen over time of wearing dippers or is it that your born with it or what

"don't attribute correlation to causation". Means "just because A happens when B happens does not mean B is causing A".

Your incontinence getting worse isn't necessarily being caused by your diapers. There are plenty of posts from IC here discussing their condition getting worse over time. (and it rarely seems to get better)

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    "don't attribute correlation to causation". Means "just because A happens when B happens does not mean B is causing A".

Your incontinence getting worse isn't necessarily being caused by your diapers. There are plenty of posts from IC here discussing their condition getting worse over time. (and it rarely seems to get better)
    ^exactly this.^ It's kinda like saying that my period will come sooner because I wear a pad every day, or that people will be more likely to barf on a plane when barf bags are/are not provided. It may have something to do with it as the mind is a powerful thing but it probably doesn't. Incontinence, like poor eyesight, tends to be a degenerative condition so getting worse is basically par for the course.

@fuzzles there are many reasons for incontinence. Many older people and pregnant/previously pregnant women are incontinent because of lack of muscle strength & muscle stretching respectively (during pregnancy the bladder is distorted by the expanding uterus and it places a lot of strain on the bladder muscles that in 1/3 of women leads to incontinence at some point during the pregnancy and sometimes after.) Th lack of muscle strength is also why little kids are diaper-bound. They simply don't have the fine muscle control needed to control their bladders and bowels. Traumatic accidents also can cause incontinence due to muscle damage or damage to the part of the brain which controls those muscles. There are diseases that affect muscle control that can make a person less continent and there are also medications that affect the muscle control or act as a diuretic making you have to pee often (which is also a form of incontinence). There are also varying levels of incontinence from total loss of control (similar to a small child) all the way to people who are normally continent but just dribble a little when sneezing or laughing hard.

Yes I agree with the above. I had small problems before I had my daughter but it just got worse after I think that wearing just makes it easier because you do not have to really worry about it and then I know for me I forget that im not wearing a diaper because I wear them so often that I just go and then be like aw darn I forgot!