Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Smoking, Drinking, and doing drugs.

  1. #1

    Default Smoking, Drinking, and doing drugs.

    What is your take on these subjects? I wasn't really sure if this should be in the Mature Topics form. Mods if you want to move it there then go right ahead. Here's my take on each subject.

    Smoking: I personally think it is bad, but there are things that are much worse. (Heroin just to name one.) I don't smoke (underage)

    Drinking: I think it's fine to have a few drinks every once in, like, a few days, but some people go overboard. I personally think people shouldn't have more than 2-3 drinks a day. (Unless they are at a party, in which case 4 should really be a max.) Also, always have a designated driver.

    Drugs: Terrible. Just don't do them. They're all bad. Especially heroin, even weed.

    What do you guys think about this stuff?

  2. #2

    Default

    I have to agree with you on all of these. Though if people wish to put their life in the hands of people that wish to use them at the expence of their health there is nothing that you can do.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsGurl View Post
    I have to agree with you on all of these. Though if people wish to put their life in the hands of people that wish to use them at the expence of their health there is nothing that you can do.
    True. The people really that should be scolded on this are teens. They're still growing, are naive in these sort of things, and their brains aren't fully developed. It's just basically committing slow suicide. (For anyone really) Also, teens do this to look cool, or more mature, but they're not. There's a kid in my class in 7th grade that does all these things, and he's a total a$$hole. He thinks he's cool, but no one else thinks so. He's just throwing his life away.

    Adults are responsible for making their own decisions. But that doesn't mean they're always right.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by fastandfurious483 View Post
    Smoking: I personally think it is bad, but there are things that are much worse. (Heroin just to name one.) I don't smoke (underage)
    I don't really have a problem with smoking, as long as it's not damaging anybody else.


    Quote Originally Posted by fastandfurious483 View Post
    Drinking: I think it's fine to have a few drinks every once in, like, a few days, but some people go overboard. I personally think people shouldn't have more than 2-3 drinks a day. (Unless they are at a party, in which case 4 should really be a max.)
    Hehe! 4 drinks at a party, oh dear! I usually have four drinks before going out to drink!
    I think drinking is okay as long as it's done in moderation.


    Quote Originally Posted by fastandfurious483 View Post
    Drugs: Terrible. Just don't do them. They're all bad. Especially heroin, even weed.
    I think people ought to stay away from illegal drugs (I really hope you're talking about illegal drugs here). Weed is debatable in my opinion, and I've yet to see any unbiased account on how dangerous it is; it's always "Weed is fine!" or "Weed will kill and rape you!"...

  6. #6

    Default

    I have to agree with all the above said statements. I started smoking when I was young, and quit when I got married. Smoking eventually kills your lungs and destroys your cardiovascular system, so why would you want to do that to yourself. Drinking in moderation is o.k. I used to drink heavily in college, but I was very unhappy, and didn't care if it killed me. Now I don't drink at all except on special occasions, and then only one drink. All of my binge drinking destroyed my stomach, so something to learn from I guess. I smoked a lot of weed in college. Again, smoking it is o.k. as long as you don't hurt others. I found that I could not drive stoned. I was too much of an idiot when I was stoned. And sometimes I was too honest in what I said. As for illegal drugs; they are illegal because they are harmful.

  7. #7

    Default

    I personally don't smoke, drink or take drugs. Of those I would like to drink, but only in moderation (a small amount is good for you), and don't because I haven't found an alcoholic drink I like. I disagree with binge drinking because of the damage it does. I don't think it should be banned however, because as has been said small amounts are physically beneficial, and from times when it was banned, it has been shown the act of banning it doesn't work. However, if governmentally it is only kept because of the cultural history of it, they are keeping it for the wrong reasons.

    Smoking, I don't disagree with as long as people are educated on the risks and it doesn't effect others. Smoking in private is fine. In a situation where it causes passive smoking I disagree with it. As long as there is provision for private smoking areas, I don't think it needs to be banned.

    As for doing drugs, if they are considered dangerous enough to be banned there is a reason for that. Avoid them! They will hurt you!

    --- mzkkbprmt

  8. #8

    Default

    I believe everyone should do all these sometime in their lifetime...more specifically when they are in their teens like me so then you can out grow the phase and move away from your young profanities, then you will truly know why they are bad not just because the textbooks say so.

    So advice for all teens....Enjoy your youth. Party hard, rehab later...A life without risk is a life not worth living!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    Of those I would like to drink, but only in moderation (a small amount is good for you), and don't because I haven't found an alcoholic drink I like.
    You'll never like any alcoholic drink the first time, except maybe alcopops. You just have drink until it tastes good! It takes getting used to.

  10. #10
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    Smoking: I don't think it's the end o the world if done with some moderation. Is it healthy? No. But there's a big difference in health impact between smoking 2-3 packs a week and smoking 2-3 packs per day. Personally, I don't smoke.

    Alcohol: I have the same idea of alcohol as I do of smoking. Is it healthy? No. But there's a big difference in having a *glass* of wine with dinner and drinking the whole *bottle* with dinner. Personally, I don't consume alcohol.

    Drugs: I have mixed feelings about it. I think marijuana should be legal and taxed in a similar fashion as cigarettes. I don't think it's healthy, but someone who smokes pot 1-2 times per month isn't in the same health risk as someone who smokes pot every day. It would also free up jail space for real criminals. As far as other, "hard" drugs go: they should remain ilegal. Addicts should have access to detox but drug dealers should simply get long prison terms. I tried marijuana a few times in high school, but I didn't really see what the hooplah was all about. I've never used "hard" drugs.

Similar Threads

  1. Quitting Smoking
    By diapermefast in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2008, 20:56
  2. Lowering Drinking age?
    By d4l in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 31-Aug-2008, 23:38
  3. Smoking
    By Allanon in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-Aug-2008, 18:17
  4. Why drugs are bad
    By d4l in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-Jul-2008, 01:56
  5. Smoking Ban Laws.
    By Roland in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-Jul-2008, 10:44

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.