Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going 24/7 for 2 weeks, need advice on skin care

Default going 24/7 for 2 weeks, need advice on skin care

Well, I've been waiting for a chance like this since I can remember. My sister is in washington and will be until july 11th, and I have the house all to myself until then

I ordered 2 bags of classicos, a sample pack of bellissimos, and a sample HDIS pack and they should be getting here in the next few days.

I was wondering about one thing, however. What kind of skin care product should I use? I'm a complete novice when it comes to lotion, oil, powder, etc. and I have no idea what would be best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and have a nice day!

Well the minimum I would think you need is powder and wipes. You might also want to get some rash cream, just in case. Also, be sure to clean well down there when you shower to stay as clean as possible.

Keep us updated as to how it goes!

Cherub

Well, first things first. If you plan on wearing 24 hours a day you might want to consider shaving or at least trimming yourself down there. This will help make clean ups a LOT easier. And don't worry, it'll all grown back after your done.

In the past I've used Desitin creamy (NOT the original Desitin, that stuff stinks and sucks!!) The creamy comes in a blue tube. Put that on and rub it into your skin just like you do with sunblock till it is gone (can't see anymore white stuff on your skin). This will create a barrier on your skin to prevent diaper rash that occurs from being in a wet and/or messy diaper for prolonged periods of time.

You will want to have a pack of wet wipes. These will make clean up after a messy diaper so much easier. You will also need baby powder to help keep you dry while wearing a diaper, especially if you are going 24 hours a day.

IF you are going to wear 24 hours a day, then you might want a small duffel bag or backpack in which to carry extra diapers and your changing supplies.

Since you will be wearing 24 hours a day, you might want to limit how much time you spend in a messy diaper. It is different when wearing only for a while compared to wearing around the clock. You will want to clean yourself up thoroughly in between diaper changes. Don't worry about the Desitin diaper rash cream, it will wash right off your skin with soap and warm water.

Since you have the house to yourself, remember to let your diaper area air out for a few minutes each evening. Letting the air get to your diaper area a few minutes each evening will also help keep you from diaper rashes and is good for the skin after what it will be put though.

Good luck and hope this and other replies to your post give you enough information to help you get the most out of your diapered time! Enjoy!

As aforementioned, washing well and protecting your skin with some sort of barrier works. I might also suggest devoting a trash can to used diapers, and after every change, throw a couple pinches of baking soda into the can (Personally, I toss it directly into the absorbent side of the diaper, but most people don't keep a tub of baking soda nearby, so in the can works just as well) to cut down on smell. Granted, no one will be there with you, but you still don't want your place to smell like wet diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Well, first things first. If you plan on wearing 24 hours a day you might want to consider shaving or at least trimming yourself down there. This will help make clean ups a LOT easier. And don't worry, it'll all grown back after your done.

In the past I've used Desitin creamy (NOT the original Desitin, that stuff stinks and sucks!!) The creamy comes in a blue tube. Put that on and rub it into your skin just like you do with sunblock till it is gone (can't see anymore white stuff on your skin). This will create a barrier on your skin to prevent diaper rash that occurs from being in a wet and/or messy diaper for prolonged periods of time.

You will want to have a pack of wet wipes. These will make clean up after a messy diaper so much easier. You will also need baby powder to help keep you dry while wearing a diaper, especially if you are going 24 hours a day.

IF you are going to wear 24 hours a day, then you might want a small duffel bag or backpack in which to carry extra diapers and your changing supplies.

Since you will be wearing 24 hours a day, you might want to limit how much time you spend in a messy diaper. It is different when wearing only for a while compared to wearing around the clock. You will want to clean yourself up thoroughly in between diaper changes. Don't worry about the Desitin diaper rash cream, it will wash right off your skin with soap and warm water.

Since you have the house to yourself, remember to let your diaper area air out for a few minutes each evening. Letting the air get to your diaper area a few minutes each evening will also help keep you from diaper rashes and is good for the skin after what it will be put though.

Good luck and hope this and other replies to your post give you enough information to help you get the most out of your diapered time! Enjoy!
    Well, I was actually planning on shaving when i get home from work today. I've already trimmed it down with scissors, so it shouldn't be too bad.
    I'll be picking up some razors on my way home, and i'll add the desitin and wipes to the list.
    I think that I'll manage my shifts so that I'll go home and change on my lunch breaks.
    If all goes according to plan, I shouldn't be spending more than 4-6 hours at a time diapered. (apart from the nights)

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    As aforementioned, washing well and protecting your skin with some sort of barrier works. I might also suggest devoting a trash can to used diapers, and after every change, throw a couple pinches of baking soda into the can (Personally, I toss it directly into the absorbent side of the diaper, but most people don't keep a tub of baking soda nearby, so in the can works just as well) to cut down on smell. Granted, no one will be there with you, but you still don't want your place to smell like wet diaper.
    At the very least, I'll be showering after each mess, and using wipes whenever I change. I wouldn't have thought of a dedicated trash can, but that's an excellent idea! I can add that to the list of things to get

Thank you all for your help! I'll keep you guys posted

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    Well, I was actually planning on shaving when i get home from work today. I've already trimmed it down with scissors, so it shouldn't be too bad. [snipped]
    If you've never done that before expect it to feel very strange and not in a particularly good way. I'm not saying don't do it, more that it's worth pushing through what will probaby be unpleasantness for a while to where it starts feeling more normal. I think it took about a week to hit that point after finally deciding to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    If you've never done that before expect it to feel very strange and not in a particularly good way. I'm not saying don't do it, more that it's worth pushing through what will probaby be unpleasantness for a while to where it starts feeling more normal. I think it took about a week to hit that point after finally deciding to stick with it.
    I'll say... i've partially shaved it before, and it feels exceptionally... meh.
    on another note, I went up to the grocery store and got some desitin & powder, but they didn't have adult wipes (I want to get those over baby wipes because you use many less and they're more effective) but i can stop by cvs or walgreens tomorrow and pick some up

My advice is you need to keep your hygiene top notch and do not be in a wet diapers for too long. If are planing to actually do number two in your diaper, drink more water eat more fruits and vegetables, avoid fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I found that it felt unpleasant after it started to grow back and get stubbly and itchy, so I now shave it every day as part of my morning shower routine. Here's another tip - keep shaving cream away from very sensitive skin. That stuff stings. Though that would be easier to manage if you have male anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    I found that it felt unpleasant after it started to grow back and get stubbly and itchy, so I now shave it every day as part of my morning shower routine. Here's another tip - keep shaving cream away from very sensitive skin. That stuff stings. Though that would be easier to manage if you have male anatomy.
    I have used shaving cream that's made for sensitive skin down there before without issue. Maybe some people have different sensitivities though.