Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut and Gay Marriage

Default Connecticut and Gay Marriage

Did any of you see the news yesterday, about the Connecticut Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage? Yeah for gay marriage!! Ok, 3 down, 47 more to go. (In case you don't know only California and Massachusetts have "gay marriage", other states have civil union or domestic partner laws). Does this decision effect anyone here? Anyone moving to Connecticut?

MyWorld

I am just hoing that those other 47 others start working a lot faster. I have never understood the issue with Gay Marriage, the constitution never specified the difference between sexes. This little peice of legislature was never very good at the fact that there are men and women, it only points our a couple in a a relationship.
    Simply by the act of not allowing the marrage the constitution is being broken.

I don't really like the idea of gay marriage, I mean, I dont care if 2 people of the same sex get married, but lets just not announce it all over the world. I have no problem with people being gay though. May they all live happy lives!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fastandfurious483 View Post
    I don't really like the idea of gay marriage, I mean, I dont care if 2 people of the same sex get married, but lets just not announce it all over the world. I have no problem with people being gay though. May they all live happy lives!
    I agree with this in some ways. I personally love to hear that gays are getting married because it means we're progressing as a nation.

At the same time, There are some things that really ought to stay private (I'm looking at you Exibitionist Infantilsts), but I don't hold it against you for Having Homosexual marriage under your personal list of things-that-should-remain-private.

Eh, I guess Im just sick and tired of everything in the news such as the eco-crisis and the election, just kinda want a break from everything.

[QUOTE=MyWorld08;110458 Yeah for gay marriage!! Ok, 3 down, 47 more to go.[/QUOTE]

Here in California there is a massive push/proposition to ban gay marriage again after 4 people went behind the backs of millions of voters. Anyways you can find this in the mature topics board. I have no idea if Connecticut had a state wide vote on wither to ban gay marriage or not but either way I don't live anywhere close to there. As for me I am mostly nonsexual.

Whatever may happen with gay marriage I don't really care. However that's not to say I would not vote on the issue if given a choice.

I'm of the belief that if two people are happy with each other, then they should be able to get married and be together in the eyes of the govt too. I'm asexual so I don't really like guys or girls, this is just my opinion out of my beliefs and values. It's a free country.

Butterfly Mage

Well... In Maryland, my partner and I have ZERO standing under the law. I don't care if it's called gay marriage, civil unions, domestic partnerships, or Adam & Steve. What I want is the same rights that straight couples have, since my partner and I pay the same taxes as straights.

I'm from Connecticut and I don't believe in marriage, Gay, straight or between ducks. If two people love each other and make a commitment to each other it is no business of the state or any religious group.

Leave the humans be!

Nam