Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know how many of you are LMFAO fans...

Default I don't know how many of you are LMFAO fans...

But even if you aren't a fan, go to one of their shows if you get a chance! They put on one of the best shows I've ever been to tonight. They got the whole crowd into it. At one point they sprayed champagne over the people in the "party pit", which was basically an area right in front of the stage, separated from the rest of the crowd. If you can, try and get tickets into that area. Me and a friend landed tickets into it (for the same price as regular seats, somehow), and it was seriously one of the best experiences I've had.

It...was...insane. In a good way.

Their opening acts were Matthew Koma (Surprisingly impressive), Far East Movement, Sidney Samson, and Eva Simons. Far East Movement was a lot better than I expected.

I am not a fan of theirs because it's party music and I can't seem to "get into" that. It's just not listening music to me it's more dj music, but I'm glad you had a great time.

My boyfriend and I tried to win tickets to see them xD obviously we failed but my friends shuffle and would like to school them on proper shuffling.

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I LMFAO at them, the untalented, over-hyped losers.
    My sentiments exactly.

They've achieved Guile's Theme-, Fresh Prince of Bel Air-, and Space Jam-tier - Party Rock Anthem goes with EVERYTHING.
    As it happens, they all go together:
    Everyday the Quad City DJs Chaos Dunk the Fresh Prince for America (vs meme mashup) - YouTube

Some others:
    Everyday im X - YouTube

And if you never want to sleep again,
    Everyday I'm Everythin' - YouTube (somehow it has a beat to it)

YOUTUBE MUSIC MAGIC!

I'm glad you had a great time, BasketCase, but I hope you can understand why some people just aren't fans of them.

The way they've been put into the star system - their parents are deeply rooted into the music business through production of some sort, and they're riding their coattails in the most obnoxious way, producing no lyrics of intellect (unless you count excessive drinking and partying while doing so) to a sub-par beat. They've also captivated the easiest market to get into (pre-teens, teens, and young adults) with repetitive lyrics and relatable subjects of interest... It's a guaranteed (albeit sad) moneymaking combination. It's artists like this that latch onto this market that hold onto the themes of drinking excessively and objectifying women that make them a poison in the well that is the industry.

It's just a shame that they honestly think they're up there with actors and actresses. But, you'll find that by this picture, celebrities are going the right way about it. Like Jon Hamm, from Mad Men:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m3prbn1oJD1rqjembo1_500.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	12927

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I LMFAO at them, the untalented, over-hyped losers.
    and you have how many songs on the radio exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
    and you have how many songs on the radio exactly?
    Oh. Yeah. I forget - that's how life works! Because they got on the radio, they must be talented!