Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profanity. (Kind of a rant, kind of.... not a rant)

Default Profanity. (Kind of a rant, kind of.... not a rant)

I've recently been assigned ISS for writing the "****" and "Shit" on the front cover of my binder. The teacher who assigned me the ISS didn't stop to think if it was in any way offensive to anyone in the classroom. Did I mention this was homeroom? I was pissed, more or less because the people that say that cursing is rude or vulgar or something retarded like that not only do not even know why they think its vulgar, but the simple fact that they insist that it is rude is the only goddamn reason its rude. Most of the time, I don't even use in an offensive manner, but when I do, the person Im telling to shut up usually needs to shut up. When I looked up "Profanity" on wikipedia, I found out that the word means "separate from the church". Apparently the religious people didn't take too kindly to any word that's sexual or scatological in nature. My guess is that people didn't stop to tell their kids why they couldn't say those words. What really pisses me off is that I get in much worse trouble if I curse than if someone punches me. Thats idiotic. How is it that the people enforcing the rules don't even know why they should?

I'm pretty sure that most school rule book things say not to have like vulgar words displayed about...It's common sense...Sure you're probably some teenager who might think that the rules don't apply to you, or you think that you're just expressing yourself, but there are rules in school...So if you get in trouble for breaking them, then it's your own fault

Wait, so you wrote vulgar material on an openly viewable binder, and you got in trouble so now you're complaining? Grow up, I'm sure people will think quite a lot of you in the future when you're cursing every other word.

You got what you deserved, stop your complaining.

just except the consequences of what you did and stop whining. Think of it as a lesson of common sense. you got what you deserved for doing something stupid.

Okay guys, I don't think you got the point of that post... I'm angry because of the fact that the people punishing me for this stuff don't even stop to think why they consider it rude, and the fact they say it's rude just continues the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperdude View Post
    Okay guys, I don't think you got the point of that post... I'm angry because of the fact that the people punishing me for this stuff don't even stop to think why they consider it rude, and the fact they say it's rude just continues the cycle.

Cultures, learn them.

In old English culture biting your thumb was considered a rude gesture, its the connotation of the word not the denotation that is considered rude.

Your argument is pointless...It's not going to change the fact that you broke the school rules and got in trouble...Even if you found someone that agrees with you, it doesn't mean you're right, and it doesn't change the outcome of what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Cultures, learn them.

In old English culture biting your thumb was considered a rude gesture, its the connotation of the word not the denotation that is considered rude.
    There are a lot of ways to use the word "****". Many of those meanings aren't meant to be considered rude at all.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperdude View Post
    There are a lot of ways to use the word "****". Many of those meanings aren't meant to be considered rude at all.
    Please give me an example where a non-explicit alternative can be used.

You got in trouble for something obvious, and you're whining, typical emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Please give me an example where a non-explicit alternative can be used.

You got in trouble for something obvious, and you're whining, typical emo.
    I ****ing love you, man. That sounds pretty friendly to me.